THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

HI @MyAussieGirl I'm so happy for you, all done now and in healing mode. I've been busy busy and will post an update on my thread to update on my news. I don't want to hijack your thread, hehe. And yes it was me with the bowed out knee on my surgical leg. It was like that before surgery for probably a year. After about 6 weeks it improved gradually on its own but it was really bad preop and was even more noticeable post op. As the leg got stronger it improved and has improved probably 80%. I'm thinking it will even improve more once my leg gets even stronger but I'm happy with the improvement so far. My OS checked my leg length at my appointment august 25th and he said they're even.
I'm still buying lottery tickets, hehe..... you never know, our dream of getting together with our bone buds may happen yet. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
@MyAussieGirl I am going out later to buy some fresh basil (no garden...)(bet you have a garden...) for marinara, which ought to arrive today, yes? All marinara'd for me. :snork: What tv are you not willing to miss as you recover? We got hooked on a show that I'd watched on Netflix while I recovered my first hip, and that got us started watching tv with supper the few nights a week when we actually eat supper together. Now we are watching Grace and Frankie season 2. Very funny. We like funny mostly, except we loved The Crown. And How Is Your Tummy??

@Mojo333 your "back on your heads!" joke, yes I know it, also reminded me that you said, speaking of nuts, "Cashew....gesundheit!" somewhere a while ago. My sister and I had this thing going when we were in grade school where we wouldn't even call them cashews, so we didn't get the "bless you!" penalty. So we'd go in Newberry's to buy some, and we'd argue about who had to order, and then call them "those curved nuts", everything to avoid negative points in the game :rotfl: I think that we still do it, although it hasn't been put to the test in a long time.
 
@MyAussieGirl Just stopping by to say hi again. :wave:Wish I could say that I am as ambitious as you with the dog biscuits but at 7 days out still don't have it in me. :sleep:A walk around the bedroom a few times daily and a trip thru the house along with normal bathroom duties and I am DONE! Stop by my recovery thread if you have time with all that energy. Wishing you a blessed day!


@zauberflöte The cashew thing got me. :rofsign:Had me laughing but as you know laughter is the best med in the world. :rotfl::heehee:
 
Hey MyAussieGirl. Hope you are okay. Believe this is the party where ALL the anesthetic has dissipated and you can feel those sore thigh muscles. Have you tested out the hip pain, is it noticebly better?
Zaub, the childhood nut thing is a great memory. :) :-) (:hee hee
 
Thanks all I'll catch up.... I hope lol...but I am going to get off soon to watch a season of NCIS we never saw. Hubby gets these at the library. Free!!! So I slept good, did the house, while hubby ran to town. My net connection has been ummm frustrating at best and I am ready to stomp it to dust.

I skimmed all the posts for now. I know I mentioned that the pain from this hip is no MUCH worse than the first. I press on. To my new buds I promise I'll catch up just much going on here not all listed online ..,.. I am Okay just got lots going on in my drug induced state
 
Party :martini: :cheers: :beer: Did I hear party?
Where's MAG? We can't party without her :happydance::egypdance: :spin:


@Mojo333 is now probably :sleeep: cause she's up for the day at the crack of midnight.
@zauberflöte I know your'e still up and rarin' to go......
@MyAussieGirl Where are you? :ice::zzz: :elevate:
 
You chill then @MyAussieGirl
We can party another night.
Great you slept well......hope you get your pain under control
Hugs!
 
Hey what about me? Don't I get an invite? :tantrum:.
@Layla this seems to be the hoppin' place to be lol. :rotfl:
@MyAussieGirl I understand with the pain difference, same thing happened here with my second. Wishing you a restful pain controlled night.
 
Last edited:
Well thank you @mystikfairy61 that is very kind!
It's a pic of me with all my grade school freinds who I still get together with!
We went to grade school together, split up a bit in high school but we've been getting together
for the past 25 yrs a few times a year. We share 4-5 hr dinners and cocktails.
We're loud, obnoxious and have a blast!
I cut them all out of the pic, Sssh.....don't tell!

Hope you're doing well and having a relaxing evening......what's left of it anyway!
 
:heehee:Okay. DAC.....:hairpulling:. PART not party. Calm down folks!!! O my stars, give you bored people something to latch onto and you're like white on rice.
Poor MyAussieGirl. You may have the oddest recovery thread in bonesmart history to look back on....:elevate:
 
I honestly don't know why.my leg turned to the left a tad noticed at the knee. Now it's all bruised so like I said I don't know if he finds he fixed it but....one can hope
 
GrannyC @GrannyC YES I am amazing. I amaze myself often. :heehee: Actually if you go back to say 1, in the thread you'll see I incurred Josphine's wrath on hip one when on day 4 I cleaned the house, did dishes etc.

I have still been playing the lottery too I forgot to tell you I won a dollar. You won 5 that equals 6 so um so you owe me 50 cents less YAY us..
just like @mystikfairy61 I more sore this time not unbearable but hubby has to help me in and out of bed and even with fruity toilet no he has to help me up and down not so before... Still praying for your family and you :tantrum2: dudeskinda cute
 
Hey @MyAussieGirl my knee did the same but it appeared about 17 days post op!
It's still a little tight and has some residual swelling that I can feel, but no one sees.
I've said this many times in this forum but I've heard our knee takes a real beating in surgery. It's used as leverage to dislocate the hip....if your knee was turned out a bit I'm sure it was fixed during surgery. My OS told me before surgery he'd straighten mine and he did.....it's back to normal.
Hope you're having a good day!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom