Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

@Mojo333 and @Layla no, she WAS baking them @birder --- on Day THREE!!! Mags, they sound like people-quality food, f you put a little honey or sugar in them, and egg maybe, and some spices. Peeps cookies!

@MyAussieGirl Mags, I would have played in church on day three if I hadn't had to be there at 8:00am-- rough nights=don't get up early, right?

You sound great, and the happy drugs are helping your pain also, I hope. I love love LOVE your kitchen, never mind the ice machine! I love the blue counter tops, and the white curtains and most especially those juicy tomatoes on the windowsill.

Somewhere you said you were fighting sleep-- you know better than that!! Give innnnnnnnn to iiiiiiiiit.....:yawn: :sleep: :zzz:
 
Lol @Layla I was the worse example be of an introduction to the Bone boards.... I loled like crazy reading your post cause I um bore easy so I try to come up with things to do. Already cleaned this time I can't do somethings cause it breaks that 90 degree rule. For you
[Bonesmart.org] Aussie's Posterior LTHR
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @birder lol I don't think many people bake their dogs biscuits so close to um surgery but he loves his biskies and we have $17.00 to payday. Credit cards but cash no so mommy said I'll make him some I use to make these for my other dog ...um could you say no biscuits for you to this face?
[Bonesmart.org] Aussie's Posterior LTHR
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mojo @Mojo333 I didn't know what I paid for the ice machine cause the first hip the nurse ordered me this and my Walker at boot camp. My guess is ohhh much as money as it was rolled into my 68k hospital bill ... Company that makes it is Dunjoy ..the cool thing is the nurse told me don't BUY ice get the very small bottles of water 4 or 6 ounces our labels had to be torn off so ? But not the drink size you'd get at a gas station on a trip...this machine is a life saver And make Mojo some biscuits ..if you don't have cookie cutters just use a knife.
 
2 cups of rice flour

1 cup of organic peanut butter

1 cup milk

Wad up...put on flour dusted wax paper... don't use a bread roller thing ...just flatten with your hand ...you may need to repeat a few times but I do mine about 1/4 inch thick .,or less I do by sight...bake at oh 425 for maybe 10 minutes ...you have to check lots cause the oil content in Peanut butter varies....so flip then it's a guess on when done....do 5 minutes then 2 etc...has to be left in fridge.

My doggy like me has to watch his weight so noooo @zauberflöte no honey etc....though ya know a bee guy lives on my way to the beach organic honey..... Hubby and I don't eat organic but the fuzzbutts well. @Mojo333 @GrannyC other dogbuds make your dogs some

Kitty cats....can of salmon ...drain....3 cups flour...milk 3/4 ...you need to play with the flour sometime ya need more...
 
Zaubs @zauberflöte Thanks on the kitchen... I love blue and white too... I have a pretty big kitchen you can't see it all.. if you asked nice I'd give you a tomato or 3 lol hubby is starting to tire of them but he loves then... GrannyC will see them I'm sure. Tom's mom also gave him huge bags of the red beasts .... I prefer the bacon. I um slept till 3

And yes I fight sleep if I'm trying to read
 
I am gonna go wash up and get more iced tea...no sugar @Mojo333 well ok fake sugar but..... I be back later

Tomorrow Snickers has his first hip coming....please answer him all you can till I get back later..... I think Percocet, Xanax at bed, and morphine is ummmm buzz making
 
:rotfl: @MyAussieGirl Mags, my cats are so food-crazy that they'll take ordinary dry kibbles for treats! I had a cat once who preferred tuna to salmon, and when she got old and I desperately needed for her to eat, I'd feed her that tuna in oil. Ah my little black Jenny...gone since last Thanksgiving...

I've heard of those ice machines, and actually my hospital recommended everybody on Medicare (<ZF raises hand>) to get one because Medicare apparently pays for it. I prefer ice packs-- they are a whole lot quieter! And force you to get up once in awhile to change them, AND are immensely portable! I'm glad you have yours, it's clear you love it!

Much as I love tomatoes, PLEASE do not mail me any!!! Both of us would live to regret that! :snork: :heehee: tomato soup, anyone?
 
Glad you are minding your manners...with the fake sugar. Keep those meds going...will check on snickers and spread healing prayers his way and yours.
Sorry, had to float since I was given permission. It was 90 degrees today with lovely breeze. Tomorrow, coffee break over...back on my head. Ever heard that old joke? It's the best!
 
Oh my @zauberflöte I mailed the tomatoes but hey if you don't want soup.... spaghetti sauce???

Lol ya loon I have no trouble remembering to get up for me it's the opposite.

As to pet foods I am one of those that prefer home cooked. I think it was 2008 when I lost a couple cats due to pet store foods. I home cooked for my dog and cat for a long time. Now I feed 70 dollar a bag food that's never been on a recall list with the CVM if it gets recalled well I will buy human organic and cook again. We eat less healthy than the pets
 
So to @Layla and @cpollock I think it was the two of you talking on how 1 knee was off going other way a tad... I didn't say anything at the time cause I had no idea on why they didn't couldn't fix it. I watched my doc Wednesday looking at knees after he signed my hip ..
Realign legs then my one would go off again. He never said anything but,.... I think he fixed mine a tad. I never said anything but he saw....we shall see .... I am tired. Drugs for me are strong.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Funny how something you made for a dog you love comes back to help you. .... I use it and don't need to get rain or snow on me
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to be back...kinda dopey here and umm I don't want to miss TV falling asleep and um my battery is all ugh....
Plus I be worried on Snickers so I'll TRY to be back. If not Snickers you got my prayers and I got your back :loveshwr:
 
@MyAussieGirl. Just trying to find threads and check in with the other sapphires. Kind of tiptoed thru the last few pages and glad to see you are doing well. Saw that you and I both had the left hip one day apart so hi hippy twin, lol. Love so many of the posts and prayers from friends, life would not be what it is without them. Dealing with a few of my own hurdles but doing well overall and noticing small victories already. Positive attitude got me thru hip #1 and will get me thru #2 as well. Will try to check in with you. Have a restful and peaceful evening with that lovely ice machine nearby.
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl
The kitty pic is so cute.....I love it!
I agree, it would be difficult to say "No dog bisquits for you" with those eyes looking up at you.
After reading your original post from April I wasn't shocked you were baking doggie treats 3 days post op.
I surely didn't need proof. I don't know how you do it all..you, Domestic Goddess you!

And your memory is certainly no worse for wear in your drug induced haze lol!
It was Cheryl and I who were sportin' the twisted legs. I aquired a slight external rotation over
about 2 yrs time...but I'm happy to say I'm back to normal now. I think Cheryl's was different
than mine in some way but I'd have to scroll through and check.....can't recall. I'll bet your OS
fixed yours also. I'd notice mine if I was standing still. My foot on my surgical leg turned
to the right a bit (outward from midline) as opposed to the good leg which pointed straight ahead.

You sound great....as though you're doing well. Not too loopy, just loopy enough for fun, ha!
Be careful in all of your ambitious adventures around the house. I don't want you to hurt yourself.
Hope you're getting lots of rest and putting that fancy schmancy ice machine to good use.
I'm gonna go beddy bye now before I fall asleep,
Sweet Dreams....
 
Wow! You are amazing @MyAussieGirl !! Making dog biscuits at 3 days postop. I definitely don't remember you doing anything like that last time. I probably didn't start following you until after my surgery so you would have been more like 2 to 3 weeks postop and all I remember is that you couldn't get off your couch because it was so low. Thanks for the recipe but I don't think I'm going to get into making Daisy biscuits. We are careful to only get her treats made in the USA but that is about as far as it goes.

It sounds like your recovery is going so much better this time. I love that ice machine!! Pretty fancy!! I didn't have one of those so used the gel ice packs all day long I think. You seem to have everything under control and that is fantastic. Just keep using that ice machine and do your very best to get enough sleep. When we get overtired things start to hurt and the world looks a bit cloudier. Sending a big hug your way!
 
Back
Top Bottom