Rain Dancer
member
- Joined
- Jun 21, 2021
- Messages
- 208
- Age
- 67
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Week 5 Update
I have been searching for things that have improved from last week’s update, but there aren’t many. I have five more degrees of flexion, but it does not make a functional difference. I can now prop my knee on a rolled towel for almost an hour, which gives my body a break from constantly elevating the knee. The pain level is the same. As many others have pointed out, healing is a lengthy process!
I have been searching for things that have improved from last week’s update, but there aren’t many. I have five more degrees of flexion, but it does not make a functional difference. I can now prop my knee on a rolled towel for almost an hour, which gives my body a break from constantly elevating the knee. The pain level is the same. As many others have pointed out, healing is a lengthy process!


I see the surgeon Monday for my 2-month checkup. Maybe we will talk about my Achilles instead of my flexion issue!
I feel as if I am living in the dark ages. I told him that my immediate reaction was no, but that I would “consider” it. Yeah, right. I asked him if any of his patients had ever refused an MUA and had a good outcome. He said that no one had ever refused an MUA after he recommended one, which doesn’t surprise me because doctors are treated like gods in my neck of the woods. Could a moderator please change the title of my thread to “MUA No Later than 12 Weeks?” Thanks.