THR Anyone been there done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck on your upcoming second titanium hip.
I am sure you just want the day to arrive asap. Best!
 
I don't know, my left hip was a total success with no pain at all!! Maybe that is why I am so focused on the right hip pain, I don't know but I almost fall down with a couple of 'pops' in the joint that hurt like never before. Well, feels good to whine a little to you guys. I went offline for a while, now I'm needing a kick in the butt to go on through with this, both hips is seeming so drastic...
 
[Bonesmart.org] Anyone been there done this?
@waterman1. Some folks get both hips done at the same time. Just think, with two brand new man made hips, there will be NO stopping you!

So here's that kick you need
[Bonesmart.org] Anyone been there done this?
to get you going with a good strong positive attitude! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Howdy all, I am back on here one more time to say thank you for helping me through this. Whew, what a journey, new hospital, new doc, new tests, all done and I am not looking back. Come on Monday, 12pm! My right hip is getting worse so fast, I am back on a walker most of the morning and day, til the right hip warms up a little and then I can stand one cane. Feels like bone on bone for sure. I slept til 11am today, a first in my life I believe. I am a full inch lower on my right side now, and it hurts like nothing I can explain. I was told not to get my hopes too high for resurfacing based upon the amount of pain, the AVN has probably destroyed the femur ball. But hey, THR is alright by me cuz my left hip still feels like I could win a footrace with any hipster on this website, LOL... It would be awesome if we could all be in one giant room together as we coach each other through this journey!
 
It's Saturday, and I am taking my walker if I have to, I will crawl if I have to, to get me to the beach one more time before this surgery. My friends and family put up with me, they are awesome...
 
Will be thinking about you Monday and sending positive thoughts.. It is my husbands birthday.. So we will both be celebrating:)!!!


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Hey there Psych!! Hey, you ready for a footrace yet? Tell your hubby thanks for his well wishes, please...
 
MajorHeidi, Bamagirl, Sharri, Jebrig, all friends recovering, how are we feeling today? No more hip pain, out there trotting around the planet now? Better be, cuz here I come! I am tired of being a whining crybaby, I know that...
 
Howdy all, I am back on here one more time to say thank you for helping me through this. Whew, what a journey, new hospital, new doc, new tests, all done and I am not looking back. Come on Monday, 12pm! My right hip is getting worse so fast, I am back on a walker most of the morning and day, til the right hip warms up a little and then I can stand one cane. Feels like bone on bone for sure. I slept til 11am today, a first in my life I believe. I am a full inch lower on my right side now, and it hurts like nothing I can explain. I was told not to get my hopes too high for resurfacing based upon the amount of pain, the AVN has probably destroyed the femur ball. But hey, THR is alright by me cuz my left hip still feels like I could win a footrace with any hipster on this website, LOL... It would be awesome if we could all be in one giant room together as we coach each other through this journey!

I was certainly amazed waterman1 at how fast arthritis can progress. In 8 months I went from running twenty miles a week and working out in a local gym two or three days a week to being a virtual invalid who could not walk without crutches. I actually felt better pain-wise a day after surgery than I had felt for the three months prior to surgery. Rarely has my pain after surgery come even close to the pain of the pre-surgery arthritis. You will certainly be a new man very soon! All the best to you on Monday and thereafter!
 
Yea, I am on a walker and crying like a big baby. I know how good the left hip felt after surgery, so I am looking forward to the day after surgery again!!
Hey, Newly did you say you had both hips THR?
 
Congratulations, please stay in touch see you after my surgery, headed to the beach now walker and all, who cares, right?
 
Enjoy the beach, I am swimming at the pool today!
A gorgeous day it is!
Good luck and good vibes for Monday!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
MajorHeidi, Bamagirl, Sharri, Jebrig, all friends recovering, how are we feeling today? No more hip pain, out there trotting around the planet now? Better be, cuz here I come! I am tired of being a whining crybaby, I know that...


I'm doing real good with both hips now . I'm walking without walker or cane . I carry a cane with me. I'm walking about 2 mies a day. No pain but still stiff and sore. I'm walking stairs now. It only been 5 and a half weeks . Sense my left hip replacement . My right hip is getting stronger as well. It's a process and I'm steady climbing . You will be fine as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Jebrig, I leaned on you for hope so many times and you always came thru!! My friend, you are doing great and I am right behind you, I want rid of this pain and I want to walk again. You and I will go for a walk together some day, what do you say? Noon Monday, I am going in...
 
Hey, Major hope you had a good, hot day for a swim. Are you out of hip pain by now I hope...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom