Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error like was first part. I really can't see me retiring I get bored quickly also hv to annoy people

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
@ Legin I used to think I would be bored if I retired but I have found so many things to do that I can't imagine how I used to fit in a job, and I was 12 years older than you are when I retired :-).
 
True I would always be doing something. I bumped into an ex young person I worked with yesterday. Long and short after an hour he will be coming to mine weekly for a period where he can offload and bounce ideas of me. Chortle he once tried to bounce a chair of me. Suzz I really think tho that you need to have some sort of change either hour reduction or job. The way you type about your job and boss lady tells a lot. My question would be after all this time in your working life why be unhappy. Ooooops I'm being blunt again hope I haven't stepped out of line if I have I apologise.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @copsham and @Plum Perfect , you are right, I have been doing the same and reassessing things, putting it perspective and planning what to do, mainly about work.

I have to do the 100 mile drive tomorrow, I was only going to do 50 then the other 50 the next morning, but decided as I was told its not that far to drive, I am going to do ghe whole trip. I will be stopping a lot to stretch, and will be seeing how that effects the leg, as my right leg has started causing me pain since I got back from holiday. The knee has starting cracking and aching as has my thigh and butt muscle. That painful, along with nerve pain down the back of my calf, I have had to take tramadol for the first time in a while.

@Legin you are right. I have email alerts coming through from nhs jobs. But nothing in the vicinity of home as in not within about 10 miles. So am looking. Havent found anything on the agencies. I cant even post my cv on any agencies as one of the things my boss does and her husband does, is recruitment. So they troll the cv's. Thats how they found out one of my colleagues was looking for a job.

Fingers crossed something will crop up. Other than that I am thinking of dropping to a 30 hr week over 4 days. The only thing that keeps me there are the 3 other girlie's in the office and I like training the Staff and clinicians in Drs Surgeries.

Thanks @forestje it was really nice and we are planning to go back. I hope you are well. I need to catch up on your thread too.

I hope you are all very well . I am hoping for more than 5.5 hrs sleep for a change. Xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ps I have purchased a cross trainer to build up my quads and bum muscles...except I made my achy leg worse putting it together. That was not in my plan. The plan was to use the new exercise machine, instead I have parked it in the corner of the room. I hope I dont just leave it there to hang washing on !!!!
 
@Suzette

Just getting caught up on your recovery, trip, and the evil boss lady. For some odd reason, I never get any alerts when you post and yet I'm following you and your thread. Makes no sense.

I'm very sorry you are getting more pain suddenly! I think your muscles must be complaining from all the activities and walking you did on your trip? Perhaps, as you mentioned, it's the sitting for extended periods of time or a combination of both. I'm sure your evil boss isn't helping any with your recovery. I find her disgraceful to say the least! I sure hope you can get the work issue resolved. Nothing worse than working someplace that you dread going to!
With everything you're going through, Im surprised you can still be so positive and have such a great sense of humor! If you were my employee, I would thank my lucky stars (might even give you a raise...lol) to have someone so dedicated and upbeat working for me! I always enjoy reading your thread! Hang in there! :-)
 
Hi @Suzette
Tension in our mind can affect our muscles, and it's referred to as the "mind body connection"
I think the unhappiness at work is affecting your entire body and it's connective tissue.
I don't get the notifications and haven't for a long time.
I think I will try resetting my account settings and see if that helps.
gosh, the 100 mile drive,,, sounds pretty awful to me. Good luck and please take care of yourself.
 
Oh Suzette you asked me yesterday how was my sleep. I have lost it - I haven't been to sleep tonight and it is 3.55am. At least I can sleep in. x
 
Oh @copsham, I'm so sorry you have the dreadful insomnia! It's such a very lonely place to be. You really feel like you're all alone in the world (at least that's what I experience when I'm awake in the wee hours). Was it you that got the Trazadone and Xanax?
 
@Suzette take care on that trip & I agree with @CricketHip , there is a connection between pain and stress; it's a vicious circle that one. Please try and find your "chill zone" where you can wipe those troubles out for at least a while, last thing we need is those headlines "Post Op Hip Op runs riot with seat cushions in the office - chocolate suppliers called to attempt to calm her down" :spin:.

@copsham I hope you're sleeping now and not reading this until at least this afternoon!
 
Hiya Suzz, I hear you re looking about and the fact you say their reaction to seeing their staff post CV s tells it all of a bullying culture not a reflective one of why do people want to leave. When I started to do my mirror therapy I had to do the old breathing to get in a calm place prior or I would feel nauseous. I'm at the stage now where I can put my self in that calm place v quickly thru loads of repetition but it works for stress and allows much clearer thought process. Right now I'm going thru a major flare up of nerve pain but I'm able to carry on. I'm still in pain but can quickly box it away. It doesn't last for long always but let's me walk a mile or so to get buses.
Oh I'm.sorry as I chortled as your walker ski thingmabob the putting together was way more than a routine on said machine. Also at clothes airer reference. They are good machines just get some good tunes and away ya go. Ya will be speaking in a scando accented way before you know.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi everyone thank you for your messages. I think there is something in the pain and stress issue, combined with sitting for long periods and now driving.

So am in a hotel and once again can't sleep, and discovered free wifi. I have been reading stories on here about meds for pain and causing problems with sleep. I am just taking cocodamol for back and thigh pain and gabapentin. I forgot my amitrytilline . Can't take that Zopiclone sleeping pill makes me weird!! Also can't find my chill out zone .

So have booked Dr appointment with an 'older ' Dr in the hope he may have some knowledge on hip replacements and thigh nerve butt pain. All the others sort of stare at me with a blank expression and then announce rub ibuprofen gel on it....does not work...

I am wondering if it is linked to femoral nerve. @Josephine , I am getting a deep burn and sting in the front of thigh leading down from anterior incision, it's numb but this is normal I assume. Plus occasional groin burn and my knee keeps cracking very loudly and popping sideways and gives way, so have it strapped with that blue tape stuff. That is the techy word for it !! On top if that am getting sciatic pains down back of leg.

Feel bad as I should be really happy and grateful that I have new pain free hips, but this right leg is driving me mad, and the clinicians and OS don't seem to think I need to some help and advice.

Hence cross trainer skiing effect machine to try and get these quads building up along with my butt muscles...@legin I promise I will use it and not hang washing on it or my hand bag.. sorry you are having a flare up , that must be awful and you must be very good at putting that pain in a box somewhere. I only notice how painful my pain is when am trying to chill out.

So work, the niceness lasted one day. Yesterday I was 'told off / Shouted' at for some one else taking 4 days to do a task assigned to them. I pointed out that it wasn't actually me wasting time and was told she didn't care who it was wasting time, but to stop it......mmmm. had it in the neck later on about the same thing, the person who is wasting time is her nieces best mate that has no experience in primary care so can't actually do anything to help for 6 months or so and they now car share.

@Cynthia777 thank you for your lovely words, I would like to work for you too...so what I am now doing is getting email alerts for jobs and have enquired about another qualification to work iwithin IT medical stuff in the NHS , but think you can only do this exam if you already work in the NHS though.

She has also taken my car allowance off me, so now have to claim manually for mileage, whereas she has given her friend it, HR lady friend. Worth £430 a month. Manual claiming works out less. HR lady doesn't actually drive anywhere???

I am going to have to have a meeting re bullying and the stress and anxiety it is causing. All this nastiness has happened since my op and returning to work, like she resents me for it...makes me feel like a fraud..

Phew got that off my chest , I may sleep now instead of all this buzzing in my head.


Sorry to dump my stuff, ooh, I can have a lie in tomorrow then have a full English....nice.

Then a seminar on a subject I can waffle about for hours then home, to see the dog, I mean my family, hubby etc, but mainly the dog :puppysmooze:

Night night everyone x
 
I am wondering if it is linked to femoral nerve. @Josephine , I am getting a deep burn and sting in the front of thigh leading down from anterior incision, it's numb but this is normal I assume.
Yes, of course it's the femoral nerve - it being the only major nerve in that area!
On top if that am getting sciatic pains down back of leg.
and that sounds like Piriformis syndrome - I'd go see a chiropractor.
 
Gosh darn her! You just have to find a way out of there or she is going to make your life miserable! And gosh darn those pains you're experiencing! I'm going to double up on prayers for you my friend!!! You really need them, with all you're dealing with.
 
@Suzette , my friend, very sorry to read about your recent and continuing trials. You have enough to worry about with your recovery without work garbage on top of it...so sorry.

"I am getting a deep burn and sting in the front of thigh leading down from anterior incision, it's numb but this is normal I assume."
I still have the same numbness, just below my 2 scars, maybe a 2-4" swath.
I'll write more now on my own thread, which I have not visited in ~2 weeks!

Stay cool and calm.
:)
 
Arrrgh ( stamp foot, oooops). Sorry you are going thru this. You are so right to call meeting. Use the bully word loudly. Also re pain a chiropractor can be best. Enjoy breckie num num.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Josephine thanks for confirming what I thought. Have seen a chiropractor already had deep tissue massage , had 4 sessions no manipulation, then she went on maternity , She was excellent. I am going to have to find another one.
In respect of femoral nerve damage what do you suggest I do to try and get a clinician to listen to what I am saying and does this just go on its own?

Thanks x
 
Good morning @Suzette , I hope you had at least some sleep & the breakfast/lay in/chill zone de-stressed you a little. My impression is you are going the right route with the boss, it sounds like nothing else is working so sadly it seems hard ball is the only way ahead.

Absolutely no use to you, but you did make me think about a very amusing lady I worked with once. Her IQ and capabilities were off the scale, she was brilliant at her job but suffered from a shouting, stressy boss with friends in high places. She had me in hysterics as every time the boss appeared and started the rant, she went into what I can only term as "Granny" mode with a voice that sounds like a sweet old Granny with all the cares in the world floating away with the fairies and an "oh dear, someones in a tizzy" undertone to it, like she was talking to a grandchild with a scuffed knee. Phrases such as "There, there dear, don't worry we'll sort it all out for you", "Don't worry dear, go have a cup of tea, it will all be fine" and my all time favourite when they were busting a blood vessel one one day - said whilst holding a cup of tea out for them with a huge grin on her face - "Oh dear, you don't look well, sit there and have a cup of tea whilst we take care of this little problem for you, don't stress your little head over it"; we laughed for days over that one. It was all a calculated act she said she learnt early on as a defence mechanism against such managers. Needless to say two things happened in the longer term, the boss was daft enough to scream at her when one of the directors was walking through just after she solved a major revenue stream problem for said director - exit boss, and sadly she was headhunted by a consultancy to lead one of their research teams. Last I know she was still having fun with tech stuff and annoying the hell out of management types.

However, amusing work stories aside, good luck on both the work trip and getting that pain under control.

Hopefully you can have a great day
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom