Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Legin How right you are and...what ever you said about cricket I agree .....and too right, now is a very good time to go off on our hols. I have just packed. I am ready and focused on something other than work. I will smile at the team meeting and see my colleagues and then go home relieved.

Then focus on chilling out, flashing my scars/medals off when swimming and walking about without the horrid OA pain and eating nice stuff in the sun or rain and I will think of you all xx

Tell what though, if I didnt have a mortgage I would have walked out today.
 
Oh me oh my Suzz won't be long before you jet off into he sky.
Re mortgage thingmabob. My old boss, the one I said will I be disciplined if i give the boss a hug to. Anyway our unit is one of many in the group and senior management regularly set totally unrealistic expectations on her. She regularly off loaded and ranted at me. One day when she was close to cracking she said the same as you said. I asked her how long before mortgage was paid up. Five years she said. Now she is also a trained nurse. I asked her how many hours roughly her unit had used agency nurses then roughly how much the group had used them. I then pointed out she had stated the mortgage was only thing keeping her in the job. Paying mortgage requires money and there are many jobs out there if in your later part of employment don't mind dropping down a level or two. As an agency nurse she would be paid more than enough needed, but no real pressure and she can pick and choose hours as the demand is high. I am the same I was a deputy head, also ran units and had a business turnover well many zeros. Look at how I write about working now I'm enthused and happy to go to work. So story short version is a question Suzz does your mortgage commitment require the job level you are doing now or can you drop down so to speak but leave that stress behind. Also it seems to me and I'm often wrong, but if things don't change there is the chance of a Suzz explosion where you will tell boss's and say take your job and well sun isnt shining there. I hope you really have the bestest hol with hubby

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin you are so right, I keep quiet, keep out the way, snivel secretly, then I do eventually blow my top..not a good thing to do... so the agency thing has been on my mind the last few weeks. A colleague, who had been at the company 12 yrs, left to do agency, for the same reason...the boss. I am going to contact him to see which agency he uses, as I am having trouble locating agency work. He is on £300 a day. Self employed. Another colleague left , was there 11 years, also went self employed. Reason, the boss. We work in the private sector in primary care. So there should be some work out there, it's just finding it.

Team meeting today, she did it again, tried hard to humiliate and dis the work I had been doing, but she did it in front of the others. ..I sat back and watched the arguments start, half an hour later, with everyone fighting my corner....she changed the subject....until she started again a few hours later. I felt better when one of them there asked me why she picks arguments with me....who knows..its constant and hurtful.

Also sitting all day and then driving a longer distance than I am used to, caused me to have cramp in my thigh and piriformis. I realised I couldnt do any fidgeting about as my foot was on the accelerator. That was a bit worrying on how to deal with that. I am going to have to pull over onto the hard shoulder next time.

So when on holiday I will be doing some serious thinking and chilling. And eating and thinking of your words and what priorities there should be in life. Stress is not one of them.

Thank you for your support xx Suzz x
 
Sending love, hugs and support to you. Enjoy that holiday. ♡♡
 
Hi Suzette.Just caught up on your posts as it has been non stop since I started back to school. Am now the oldest member of staff at 61 and whilst I don't want to overdo things, I don't want anyone to feel that I don't pull my weight. My hip is holding out well thank you and coping with all the stairs.
I am very lucky though to work with such a supportive group of people which makes me so angry when reading about your problems.
Just wondering how your sleeping patterns are. I am still sleeping on my back and not very successfully at times. Enjoy your holiday, you deserve it.Thinking of you x x
 
As a manager for way too many years I learned that the team strength came from a happy team. Yes people are all different some better at this some better at that, my job as manager was to use people to their strengths and support them in their weakness. By that they can grow. I pushed team accountability by which we were all accountable including me. Only then can you truly have team meetings. Ooooops of soapbox now. Suzz have a truly relaxing holiday you deserve it.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi all....@legin well thank you for your wise words..so right.. we even had a 360 degree appraisal on the boss a few years back, to try and get to the bottom of her moods etc....she went mad, defensive and carried on picking on people...so that didnt help and 4 people have left since then. Theres only 10 if us anyway.

Whats was so nice since the meeting, is I have had messages from the rest of the team who noted what was going on yesterday. They are shocked and concerned. I have been searching the net for agency and nhs work. Will see what pops up.

I am just doing the last bit if shopping for hubby as he insists on wearing the same most favorite shorts until they fall to pieces. So going to sneak a new pair in or even a few!! We only ever take hand luggage. So travelling light. Brollie is packed.

@donor hope you are doing great and get some chill time xx

@forestje glad your work is so good. It is lovely when work life is relaxed. My most pieceful job was as a funeral arranger. ... Not quite sure what is going on at my work. But it sure isnt nice. Luckily the team are great and supportive, but cant help when the bullying is from the boss. ..

As for sleeping. It is still a problem. Lie on back I get back ache, lie on sides get a cramp feeling. So now I sleep half side and front with knee up a bit. Still wake up with pain in thighs and buttocks. Hopefully this will just sort it self out..but wish it would hurry up.

@copsham I hope you are still doing well and pottering about doing things you hadnt done for ages.

Well will check in bit later xxx
 
Hi @Suzette I hope you have a lovely holiday.Where are you going ?
 
Tut chaps get attached to old clothes and shoes, (hides 15 yr old boatshoes)

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh @Suzette
I have just caught up on your thread. You poor dear...having to go through what you have been at work. Your boss sounds a little bi-polar, if you ask me. But, I'm wondering ... Does your part of the world have work harassment policies? It seems to me that she is breaking a lot of rules in that respect.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday and Lord knows, you certainly deserve it. And, I'll bet you sleep better while on holiday too! Hopefully, when you get back to work, your issues (or should I say, your boss's issues) will get resolved. Best of luck to you!
 
Hi @Kim22 we are off to Rhodes. We have been to this self catering hotel before and it's clean, well spotless and the Greek owners are great. We have been to a few of the islands now, some of the Greek hotels are pretty basic and grubby. Horrible in fact. Looking forward to getting away and having a different environment for a week.

@Legin well you sound like the hubby, trying to hide stuff he constantly keeps putting on. I am just glad I managed to get rid of the knee length yellow shorts...then the new favorite were bright green ones.. so been and bought black ones..... hopefully he won't be mentally disturbed when he discovers them ! !

Hi @Nana757 I have no idea what it is, but she can be vile, she can then go outside for a cigarette, and comes back in totally different. Very Unnerving and we don't know what to do, so the office is silent most of the time just in case she is in the bad mood.

I had suggested last year that she needs to investigate HRT but she won't even discuss it, well now she won't even speak to me normally.

Mmmm I never thought of something like bipolar or personality disorder.

am just happy all the team have acknowledged what's going on. Don't know what to do about it though. I have spoken to HR lady, who happens to be the bosses friend...but is not on her side, as she was picked on before. We are going to have a meeting to find out what the problem is. It is tantamount to bullying. We do have harassment policies, but what is tricky is that she is the managing director of the company which only has 10 staff.

Well I am packed, I managed to walk 2.5 miles just sorting stuff out and going up and down the stairs. All I have is some thigh ache and bum ache. Can't believe these hips are pretend ones, and the positions I can get my legs in, is amazing....that doesn't sound right does it !!??

So I have packed all meds just in case I go and do something daft. Am going to do some gentle swimming as I don't want to shock the muscles too much. Hopefully the sleep will come

So I will think of you all whilst walking in the rhodes rain and thunderstorms.

Lots of love xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OK forget work now your only prob is hubbies shorts. Have a grand time you truly deserve it.
 
Have forgotten. ...now yes the shorts....green ones hidden. New ones in case with new t shirts...he prefers the ones with paint all over them :dubious:

See you when back xx
 
Hi Suzette
Just catching up - have a good holiday - what a turn round in just a few days! I think it is a good idea to go somewhere you know so that you will not be surprised by a huge flight of stairs and no lifts etc. Catch up more when you get back x
 
@Suzette Thinking of you - gentle swims, sitting in the sun, pottering - Oh much deserved x
 
@Cynthia777 I love that little emoticon of the yellow blob swimming! I want to be there. I went swimming a few weeks ago and although the doctor said it was okay to go, it was not a good idea. I was not steady enough and felt I could slip any time so it's been put off by me for a few more weeks.

I look forward to hearing @Suzette s news.
 
Hi everyone, thank you for your messages, I thought about you all every day.

Well, I am back, with my usual collection of mozzie bites, sun allergy rash and a sun tan, oh and a bigger belly...we had torrential rain and huge thunderstorms , Tuesday and Wednesday was horrendous, but being on holiday, rather exciting too. Have never seen storms and lightening like it. So I videoed it so I can bore the kids with it. It was funny on the Wednesday, as we decided as it was going to rain, we might as well go to Rhodes town. My word, the roads were like rivers for the whole time we were there. It just did not stop. Most of the other tourists were also there too. I walked none stop, no pain, well I did stop to eat gyros and to buy a purse, had to test at least 20 out until I found one I liked, husband got fed up though, can't think why..we got back to hotel, 10 miles away..no rain there at all, not even a little weeny drop..we were soaked through, everyone else was sat round the pool!!

The next day we stayed at hotel and it rained, so just sat in it.

I had no problems with my new hips. I took them swimming and did my exercises in the pool. Was a bit achy on the night but nothing major.

Friday and Saturday we stayed by beach. Swimming in the lovely warm sea, under blue skies, at last, still no hip problems, the night time more aching than normal. I think sea swimming uses muscles much more than the pool due to the tide and waves. But it was a great feeling to float about and swim with no pain. And really not too bad later.

Actually slept great too. At last. Sitting on plane going was not uncomfortable going, but on way back it was painful. Not sure why though.

Back in our own bed, woken a lot during the night by pain in my hip and thigh, again, 2 nights running and also on walking. My back has also been painful. So it seems my new bed is possibly the culprit for the ongoing thigh pains and cramping. Not sure now if I need to purchase yet another mattress or get a another mattress topper, again !

Am back at work, back to headaches, so sunglasses back on tomorrow, but boss has been rather umm..nice, I think someone said something. Slightly unnerving as I am not sure what to do , am used to keeping my head down, and now I am being spoken to like a human instead of an outsider. So will see how things go.

So am now planning to go back to Rhodes next june, as we like the hotel. Owners are great, food is great and everything is spotless.

I hope you are all recovering well and I will now catch up with everyone's news.

lots of love xxx
 
So happy to hear from you @Suzette! Seems like you had a wonderful time,even with all the rain you encountered. And, my goodness, you did a huge amount of walking...no wonder your achy again. And, your boss sounds like she either had an epiphany or a talking to by HR. Whatever it was, I hope it continues, for your sake and sanity. Sorry to hear about your headaches returning...sounds to me that you are allergic to your work place. Just sayin....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom