Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to say...Our room was on the 2nd floor...lots of steps, and I did it without stopping each time and no pain, how about that AND I wore my bikini, although I have now deleted all bikini photos as it was scary to see it.....and am not talking scars either...
 
There were some of us just talking about tossing our bikinis out the window, because of our scars and, as you said, for other reasons, as well. Lol
 
Oh errrrr welcome back. I like Rhodes too and was in a boat when one of those squalls popped up. Waves bigger than the boat. Ate a few slimebabs when we got in to Rhodes Town. Well done you on the steps sounds like a grand tonic

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Omg deffo non gent zone. Toodles bed calls

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin I think all the steps and walking etc did help plus the warmth too. Yes the squally weather, apparently they haven't had that sort of weather for ages!! But they were happy about it as due to all the financial issues in greece, there are no road cleaners etc so it helped to clean the streets and water the olive trees and plants. A slimebab that must be where the extra inches on the waist came from...

@Nana757 it must be a man thing, sorry @Legin, to take photos of the wify when not aware and also not in the best way, if you know what I mean. It will be the last time I say,' darling dearest, could you take a photo whilst we are here so at least it looks as if you weren't travelling alone' he took that to mean taking random unflattering pictures in various states of attempting to get out of the sea and walking up the beach, or whilst one had a mouthful of food!!!!
 
Chortle yup tiz a man thing. Mind you I hide when camera appears

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Suzette! haven't remembered to look in on your for a while now. sorry. I love the idea of an electric lift desk. I know a psychologist who couldn't sit for a long time after having both hips replaced and she bought a desk like that and she said it made a world of difference. good luck with managing your work schedule!
 
BTW good to hear about boss lady being more human, at least for the time being. Im sure something was said in your absence. Make hay as they say ask for a rise

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hiya Suzz, hope the wee quiet period is fact your busy. Hopefully its not that you have dispatched the caring boss lady

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hiya @Legin its this working stuff...and full time again and driving about but so far havent gone further than 50 miles in one go. So tonight, as its friday and winding down time I am going to catch up again.

I have yet to dispatch boss, luckily she is not in today. Hence me being on here for a quicky !!

I hope you are ok x
 
TGIF hey. Hmmmmm 50 miles is still a fair stretch, especially if traffic is chaotic. Me I'm OK meandering my way thru work and silly foot. This will be my eighth weekend in a row working and two more to go before the next rota. I have let them know that I need some weekends soon and basically to stop taking the Michael.
Re boss lady. There is an island in the loch and it has a wee castle. Mary Queen of Scots was held there so you could find out if boss lady likes castles. But then loch can only hold one munster

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ha that made laugh.

Was glad no one asked why. Oh to put her in a castle, what a nice idea. Mmmm

My leg was throbbing when I got home as traffic on m6 was stop start for miles. Monday i have a 100 mile drive. I am going the night before i need to be at the drs surgery. That way i can stop and pull over without worrying I will be late. I was going to do half the trip and stop in hotel then do the other half on the morning. But I got the look....so I am still stopping in hotel but going to go all the way the night before. So the look did not save on hotel costs. I will see how the leg fairs after that drive. Then I will decide on the rest of the stuff stuck in my diary.

Yes I think you need to put your foot down, not too hard though!! about the constant weekend work. My hubby does every evening including weekends and we cant go out or plan anything nice. Its a right pain.

So good luck with negotiating that. Work is becoming a real bain of our lives but needs to be done worse luck.
Xx
 
So, what is this irritating pain /sting/itch thing going on in line with the scars and down the front of the thigh. Is it because I am now sitting down more since back from hols or things repairing themselves in the nerves etc it was not there when on holiday even though walking and swimming loads......got to be from sitting then.

Think I have answered my own question, unless anyone else has an idea..
 
Hi @Suzette and @Legin
One advantage of being 10 yrs older than you both is that I do not have to think of getting back to work! I would have taken about 3-4 months to get back and then a few weeks later would have had my foot accident needing another 3 - 4 months so would most likely be out of a job. There are of course many disadvantages of being 10 yrs older than you both!
 
Oh blimey yes, that would have been really tricky if you were in work. I am still thinking about dropping some hours, or a whole day per week. I have come to realise that life really isn't about living to work, and I feel I want a bit of my life back...

I bet you look great even with a painful hip and foot. And I truly hope the pain you are getting goes away soon so you can get back to your life as you know it too. I like staring out the window lately , I seem to be doing a lot of thinking since the new hips, seems to put things in a different light. I also liked looking at this view just one week ago. I really think the warmth helped the pains, as now they are back already, unless it is the sitting for too long.

Are you sleeping better now, I am still only managing 5 hours max with loads of waking up time too

Xx
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery
    20150926_172043.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 230
  • [Bonesmart.org] Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery
    20150925_113244(1).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 200
Hi again,
Yes the surgery and recovery really get us to reflect on what we are doing with our lives. Many posts on Bonesmart threads relate to this. I really benefitted from having to slow down, having worked like crazy most of my life. Developing patience that I did not know I had was another thing that happened. The idea that "everything happens for a reason" rings true to me. If it were not for my hip I would have retired then started doing independent or interim work and before long probably over working again.

I started sleeping well quite a while back then had a few bad nights last week but thank goodness it did not set in to a pattern. What a lovely holiday you had it sounds like what we all need. Look after yourself.
 
Like @copsham I am also retired and don't have to worry about going back to work, I had considered doing something part-time but now I think I'll focus on all the good things already in my life and not add anything more. It is true having this surgery encourages one to think about the big picture of your life.

I went back and read through more of your thread and am laughing about the bikini photos, it has been a long time since I've had one of those...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom