Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my... I'm so behind on your stories! Just for the record, I have a sever distaste for that boss of yours! And lots of choice names as well. You had t bring HR in to l settle that evil thing down? Wow! As with most things in life, people are rarely empathetic until they've experienced it for themselves, then all of a sudden they want the whole world helping them along. Well I know who to commission for help if my work gets worse. My bosses last day was fri. I start full time hrs tomorrow and absolutely no idea what to expect of the new guy hey brought in until the dust settles. But it's 11:30 and I have to be up at 5 so I wish I could sleep!
I find this great trigger point massage dude, but damn it gets sore for a few days, but then becomes better than ever.... Significant difference! I wish I'd set up a better returned to work phase in, but I'm in no position to change it now. If this week brings me down, I'll re-evaluate this statement for sure. Good luck this week!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Dagnabit silly keyboard and auto correction I think GRP was group as in people. We also hired a motorbike I remember going round a corner and road just ended with a drop.
Good luck with today, don't forget that voice.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Tweefishy... yes I have a few choice words too. In fact everyone in the office does, but we keep quiet. Its easier but not fun at all. The atmosphere is awful as we never know what mood she will be in. Then that changes through out the day. We all even had a meeting to discuss the mood swings and horrid attitude with her and she just got defensive. So now we dont bother even talking. It is the most weird situation to be in.

I really hope your job turns out to be less rubbish than you think it might be. I too am going to monitor how I am after my first full weeks, I really did phase my return and I still get exhausted, just so strange. Well fingers crossed your week goes ok and you manage, and dont over do your hours x xx

I found the trigger massage rather eye watering..but also, as you say, things were so much better after a few days. And the pain levels change.

@Legin....boss wasnt in today, which was great. Apparently not in tomorrow morning either. Super Great that is, as we have a laugh whilst we are working, so the atmosphere is so much lighter. We even put the heating on rather than wearing our coats!!

Back to normal Wednesday. .. boooo

Well I will make sure my voice is ready then....

Have a good evening, night, day to you all xx
 
@Suzette - glad you had a little respite from your boss today. Be gentle on yourself this week as much as you can be! x
 
Having had such a return to work myself, I really feel for your situation which is so different.Look after yourself and your needs! x
 
Hope bossless Tuesday is going well, laughter and good atmosphere is the best medication.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi all , Blimey I wish I still had alerts , thought everyone had disappeared! !

@forestje , it is rather hard going when the boss is the way she is. Sometimes she is in a really good mood and normal, then in a split second turns into someone else. No one knows when this will happen, but generally it's about 10 times a day, good mood, bad mood, good mood........very stressy. So glad that school is good for you and that it is going well. How is your hip coping?

@Legin Rhodes , the weather is forecast, at the moment, to be raining the majority of the days, but at least we will be there in the rain . I will just read books instead. I can't wait to have a week off work, even though I have only just gone back. I will still go in the pool to practice the pool exercise.

@copsham I hope you are still doing well, and not over doing it.

So yes, a nice chilled day, put heating on. Plenty of cups of tea, and chit chat. But have been having quite a lot of the piriformis and sciatica pain on the right side, worse than yesterday, so I really need to sort this standing sitting thing out.

Can't have massage etc, as my lady has gone on maternity leave . I think I will see if she has a friend she can recommend.

Also discovered a design fault with standing desk, um I can't lean on the left side, as I put the leg too far back and it tipped, it woke everyone up anyway....including me. I know I shouldn't lean, ok slouch...but I was tired , in fact really really tired. So repositioned desk, and then leaned back on my bar stool.

Trouble was with this was, there is no back rest, luckily for me, my knee caught under the desk, so I didn't fall off and knock myself out. This woke everyone up too. Decided it was time for more tea. Also thought it was about 4pm.....it was only 2. I was gutted, struggling and my bum was hurting too. Had to have tramadol. I have also noticed when standing in one position, I am putting all my weight on the right leg, which is what I did pre op, due to the left hip being the worse one and I couldn't stand on it. Am going to have to make a conscious effort not to do that. It must be what is irritating the piriformis.

Tomorrow I am only in office until 11, as I am running a seminar in the afternoon. I was going to test the driving out, by driving the longer distance, but now I have to be a passenger, so still cant test the driving out. Oh well...

Have a good rest everyone and a good recovery day tomorrow

Xxx
 
Glad you didn't fall when you tipped your desk. Your upcoming vacation sounds good. Can't wait to hear how going in pool works out. I need to try that sometime. Been doing about 6 to 7 hrs. everyday with the 1 hr ride both ways. The drive back is pure hell on piriformis. Butt on fire. The sitting is manageable ( still owe a pic of my doughnut cushion bought on Amazon) but the driving after a day of sitting is the killer. Thankfully knee is improving.
 
Hi @lalo I am so pleased your knee is on the mend. I know what you mean about it feeling like the muscle is on fire. Mine still feels like it is. I have sat down and stood up , I have perched on the edge of the seat, so the angle of my legs to hip isn't at 90 degrees, that angle starts the thigh muscles off, but this butt muscle is driving me mad, and my nerves in my outer right thigh must be mending, I hope, as I keep getting a stinging sensation just under the skin, feels like someone is sticking a load of pins into my skin but from the inside. Horrible feeling. Have you had that?

I am glad I don't have the hour drive each way to work, that must be awful. Are you still doing 3 days in the office and 2 at home?

With the desk thingy, I need to move the left leg forward, so the balance is better, plus I should not put my elbow on it, it sure did make me jump!!

I hope you continue to improve and lets hope this butt problem goes away soon, I will let you know how the swimming goes too.
x
 
On occasion I will get needle prick like sharp pains in the thigh that is directly in the area of the incision
It is seldom and never lasts more than seconds and may occur 2 or 3 times an hr for a couple of hrs and I don't know what triggers it.
I was in 3 days last week and probably have to go all 5 this week.
I have a work lap top but there are certain programs that are not loaded on the pc and have to go in to run them
If all goes well I can get back to some work from home next week
I'm real curious to see how you do driving; it's the worst for piriformis; I get a minimum of relief by tilting the seat back to greater than 90 deg. and using a cushion (nothing special cushion).
Good luck on Wed; mood swings 10 times a day? Ouch !
 
Oh Suzz tou sound so like.me with the accidents and ooooopsies. I once dressed as the stuoerhero oooopsieman for a themed party. Aye a break is great and ohnthe smell of garlic pork for the keebabs, we called them slimebabs as they always spurted when you ate them. I'm jealous pal. Hope today of half a boss day is OK.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin ooh I love the smell of garlic. Just had steak covered in garlic butter...mmmm. of course no good for cholesterol levels. I must try the sausage things. I liked the pork lemonata the last time we were in rhodes, unfortunately for everyone here at home, I keep cooking it, they are fed up with it now.

Well, I managed to keep ones mouth shut for the few hours we were all in the office at the same time, as she was on one...so managed to escape to do the medical terminology seminar thingy, and no one fell asleep this time, they just yawned loads in stead, which always gives me loads of encouragement to continue. I actually stood for 4 hours, my bum hurts now and the outer thigh, but it wasn't too bad.

I am seriously clumsy, maybe that's why they didn't want me to have a nail gun...

@lalo I get that same stinging needle feeling just below the incision and to the side. I also think my femoral nerve is irritated as I am getting nerve pain down the front of thigh and down the front of my shin, whereas piriformis sciatica gives the pain down the back of the leg. I am relieved in one way that it's not my back, as that only affects the left side usually, so am seriously hoping I now don't have discs bulging that are now affecting both legs

The passenger seat in the car I was in was too low and felt uncomfortable after about 10 minutes, so that didn't help.

Have a good rest all xx
 
Hi @Suzette
A sneaky bit of information from @AndyH99 's advert for a desk cycle, a comment about standing at your desk:
  • Standing at your desk raises your energy expenditure by 30%.
That could be useful for loosing weight but not useful if you are having an energy drain.

Well done on the seminar hope the rest of your week goes smoothly.
 
Hi @copsham that's interesting info, may well explain the reason why I want to go to sleep at work. Am going to try sitting down with the extra padded cushion and see how that goes. It's becoming a bit of a nightmare this work malarkey !!

Also frustrating, as my new hips feel great, but what with this soft tissue stuff in my thigh and cheeks, and the sciatica nerve pain down my leg, I don't know what to do with it all. So no pain at all from implants and loads form everywhere else. Try explaining that to the boss!!

I hope you healing is going well. When do you go back to have the boot off?
Xx
 
Hi @Suzette - My sleep buddy
I have been sleeping well for several weeks then this past night woke at 4 a.m. and could not get back to sleep. So I have been lounging around having crazy thoughts such as I could hire an allotment when I am not yet able to keep own garden growing!

Work does seem to get in the way. My one advantage of being older is that I retired 3 yrs ago so did not have to deal with "am I ready for work"

Next appt is 5th October I think I will loose the boot then. This will be great providing my ankle has got stronger by then. I have arranged a private physio appointment for immediately after that. I would like to think I could drive after that but do not want to raise my hopes.

You are really good at 'plugging away" trying different things and being creative. "Forward together" was my school motto!! x
 
You have the right idea Suzz its often a case of variety of seating, standing, one err side elevated then the other. Still another day closer. Are you in Rhodes town. I loved the old market place filled with restaurants. It was also there we met up with friends who had sailed across from the Caribbean so we jumped on their boat and headed for Turkey, oh my what a storm blew up boat was lifted out of the water and crashing down, the power of nature is truly awesome. Hope hyena boss lady is better to you.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Suzette Almost there, just a couple more days and it's holiday time. No dancing at the keyboard ( too much ) and smile at the BBB it will drive them crazy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @copsham Great the boot hopefully will be off. Before you know it, it will be October, but dont get an allotment just yet, although I have weird thoughts like that too...one of mine was a pool in the garden!!

@Legin we are on the quiet side of the island and about 20 miles from the town. I loved it too, so we will hire a car and spend more time in rhodes town and the old town. Hopefully it wont be so packed full of people this time. Ooh I want a giros now. I have been on the kneeling stool today with the big shaped cushion on it, but had to keep standing up, will persevere until I get it right, or will just keep standing up, and possibly get a bar stool with a back on it so I don't fall off !! Getting stiff hip/thigh muscles and bum ache, hopefully that will go away soon, not had too much shin pain today so that was good.

@AndyH99 read your post, glad the hip twirling thing is working out and that you get to the gym. I seriously can not wait to go on holiday, as I am seriously finding it difficult not to walk out at work, the comments over the last few days are really getting to me, I did ignore the one about ' ..did they remove your brain at the same time as your hips...' and the '...what proof do you have that the led lights give you and 3 other people migraines...' I am wearing tinted glasses in the office because of it...

I have no idea what she is doing or why. I am going to go on holiday and think about what to do next, I have been positive, assertive and put my point across , and that makes her worse. The only thing that doesn't, is to agree that I had my brain removed.....I am going to ask for another meeting when I get back.

Team meeting tomorrow, then I am off...phew...and the headaches will stop as well.

I hope we get some sleep tonight and not have to talk to the fairies again xxxx
 
Headaches wonder why..... Stressed out, pained out, inspiration flagging hop is perfect timing. Imnonenof few peeps liikes cricket trill it tells me I'm abroad.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom