Bilateral THR Anteriors 15th June 2015 - my recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I think it probably is something to take a look at with your physio. Although I am not medical in that way...

I did not prepare any of my muscles before my op. No one told me to, so I didnt. Now I am thinking I should have at least got my core muscles a bit stronger as those also support the back which in turn helps the hips.

It does seem that muscles disapear quite quickly too, as my right leg is now thinner than my original really bad left leg!! And my left leg is now supporting my right thin one!!

Its great you are getting your muscles sorted out x
 
I would say its something you build in as the actual operated area and the muscles heal then more core work.
Most seem to have problems with quads so be aware of that, clench them regularly but be guided by the good PTs that are about.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Suzette
That looks good - a new career in ergonomic woodwork for you!
 
The muscles do go quickly. After thirteen weeks in plaster my leg looked like Lowry had drawn it. But its the muscles in quad area that are.the most difficult to re build and do the most complaining.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @copsham and @Legin you have changed you piccies. I hope you are both doing well xx

Yes my quads and glutes are proving tricky even though I am doing my exercises...will keep on going, my leg isn't totally a lowry just yet, phew.

I have bought my ergonomic desktop table home to do a bit of sanding and I may paint it varnish , or something, not sure what yet. I have also taken a bar stool in, as when I sit it hurts the leg and when I stand in one position too long, it hurts too. So stand and then sit on bar stool and stand and sit...that way I haven't got to keep moving my desk around, each time I change position.

My boss did not seem to like my new addition to my desk !! I think it may be too rough and ready and not the posh £150 plus one...never mind ah!

Had to have 2 tramadol tonight as have quite a lot of a burning throb and a sting at the top of the outer thigh, I did seem to do a lot of moving about today and then went shopping....but was also wearing new walking trainers, so maybe they were tweaking my gait a bit. I was naughtily still wearing my other sketcher shoes I had pre op.
 
I think your boss will never be totally happy, hmmm temotation of whoopee cushion. Silly me in should have mentioned about bar stool. I got one straight after opp for kitchen and they are brill as you can just flobadob down and get up with little effort. Mine is also a mobile wee work top. Hope your weekend is pain free.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You could always ask them for the £450+ super high tech telescopic arm adjustable desk arms ( saw them on Amazon today ).

Or, even more fun a 6 x 4 LCD touch sensitive wall mounted screen and do a real mad scientist bit on it. Sorry - drooling at the thought of one of them.

Hope the pain and progress are under control. Have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Legin I never thought of using the bar stool as a laptop stand mobile table thingy. Agree, she will never be happy, although I have added a bit of a pine effect stain today and put wood filler in the screw holes, but haven't yet added a cup stand ....
@AndyH99 imagine if I asked for one of those to replace my home made desk top thing.. a shelf , 2 bits of wood and some skirting board!!! think I have seen those £450 adjustable armed high tech tables. Then I saw one of those you attach to an exiting desk, but those were 350...personally I would not be able to cope with 6 x 4 lcd touch sensitive screens on the wall....I can only just cope with a keyboard and 1 screen .

I am looking forward to flobadobbing on the bar stool when ever I feel like it, I may position one of my high grade memory foam cushions on it too....Andy can you believe you drool over 6 4 lcd touch screens...I am drooling over a memory foam cushion !!

Ooh tell you what I am really drooling over, a dewalts cordless 18v hammer drill / screw driver with case and 2 batteries...imagine what you could create with one of those...seen one on Amazon...its in my wish list....

The achy throbbing not too bad today, I think it's the core muscle exercises, as my back is aching too. It's the, hold the belly button in and tilt the hips one, that's doing it. Will do less in future and build it up so as not to irritate my lower back.

@copsham, hope you are doing ok today xx

Have a lovely pain free or less pain weekend xx
 
Lol - don't get me started on tools, I have plans for my loft and new back garden gym once I'm mobile again.

Enjoy


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Omg professional d i y I'm more, well if you look at it from this angle with one eye shut and a prevailing wind it looks fine, ooo Betty
 
Tools, I like them too....I was banned from having a nail/staple gun, I don't know why. Every year I asked for a nail gun for Christmas. Never got one. So bought myself 2, beginners and experienced...so anything that can be nailed or stapled ...is.

I hope you get your gym built and a loft conversion x
 
Note to self don't sit down too long when around Suzz. Chortle I really have never had many tools, it was a finance thing stuff for the girls always took the money. But I did build a whole set of units two cupboards six drawers and a wine rack all built from basic wood. I like the pallet craze up here people make things out of old wooden pallets. Oh BTW point out to boss its not looks its if it improves your work station for you and oh yes performance has been found to improve, errrrr not saying your a slouch. Suzz why are you pointing that nail gun at me.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Wow thats really good building all that. And I wondered where all the pallets were. Theres a great set of garden furniture you can build with those...and no pallets can be found.

I have accumulated tools since the 80's, she says showing her age, I still have my electric black and decker half inch sized chuck thingy I bought. .it still works!!

I am hoping standing sitting does the trick and improves the slouch....as in the posture one I do when sitting in an office chair....and actually the tiredness I am still getting half way through the day, your right, maybe that will improve too......so no nail guns pointing your way, honest ...

Well I had 7 hours sleep, with one awake moment, when having to escort the dog downstairs at 4 am for being a pest...I had taken amitriptyline to see if that would help the night pain I get, and it knocked me out so didn't notice the pain....

Also back to full time next week....am dreading it...........

Have a great day eveyone x
 
Oh I didn't realise fulltime. Please use your voice foot

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Loops wrong button pressed. So yes, use voice, foot, heck nail gun to demand if needed breaks. A concerned Legin

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi@legin I will, luckily for me, I managed to arrange the phased return so I am fulltime for just 1 week...then am off to Rhodes for a week...now that, I am looking forward to. I will have a good think about my future working hours whilst there, as in the reality world of work, I am having trouble focussing my mind for long periods, ie more than 2 hours, not sure if this is because of being off work and trying to get back into the swing of focussing my mind or something else. ...like getting fed up with my job and the attitude of said boss lady...

Mmmm now theres a thought. ....arr mmm nail gun.......

Xx
 
Chortle Rhodes is grand I was with a GRP and we rented a speedy catamaran now there's another v long story

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Its amazing how sometimes going thru this whole opp and recovery thingmabob many suddenly look to their life's situation. Here's to better times however you go

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin what's a GRP :) yes you are right, it seems to put things in perspective...so am doing a lot of thinking.

when we were there last year we hired a quad, wont be doing that this time, anyway, we went up into the middle of rhodes into the hills, but the quad with us 2 sat on it only managed 16 mph up hill.....very embarrassing when there was a line of cars behind us....

right now I need to attempt sleep so I wake up in time for a very long day x x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom