Revision THR Another Second Chance

Poor Layla, her blood pressure must be off the charts. Similar to your fitbit or walking tracker doohickey, I bet it blows up after this weekend. Maybe your kids could get you a spare for Father's Day! :rotfl:

On a serious note. I have noticed that since the surgery, my resting heart rate is about 10 BPM higher. Was in the mid 50’s prior and now resides in the mid 60’s.

Any ideas?

On a riding mower?
I don't know for sure...but you know me, I'd say NO, just chill!

Look at this old thread I dug up from the dusty annals of BoneSmart - :heehee:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/thr-riding-mowers-and.1010/
@inthe beginning
OMG, Layla had to get in the archives just for you!!! I've got to go read this article.

You have a really good BPM and I know you said it was your resting BPM, but were you active prior to checking it?

I've read any stress on the body can cause an increase in heart rate, which can include
surgery and anesthesia.

So behave, your body has been stressed and it's trying with all its might to recover.
Help it along. Show yourself some TLC.
Orders for the day, lol.
@inthebeginning

Thank you, Heroes.

Attachments

• 0D46D486-6C50-4A7B-8657-9ADC756FC270.jpeg
    0D46D486-6C50-4A7B-8657-9ADC756FC270.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 111
Yes indeed for the thank you to the heroes.
Freedom isn't free.
Please don't push mow the lawn quite yet.
I bet Mrs Inthebeginning is likely just as stressed about your lack of patience for this recovery.
We all just want this to be your forever hip!

You have a really good BPM and I know you said it was your resting BPM, but were you active prior to checking it?
Those numbers were from the Fitbit. It constantly takes my HR. The resting numbers are an average of low activity times, not exactly sure of the calculations.
Long story short, I had a heart attack when I was 37. Per usual, tons of meds were prescribed out of the gate. I have talked my doc out of all of them except for a cholesterol med. I had been on a Beta Blocker for 13 of the 15 years since. Never had high BP before. I now consistently get 123/72 for BP along with a HR in the mid 70’s when I have it checked.

Day 26.

The hamstring is talking LOUD! Yes, I hung out in the ODIC a bit the last few days. Nothing strenuous, just walking around ‘supervising’ the kids doing yard work! I think the worst thing I did was the :45 min car drive back and forth to my son’s basketball games. I will try a memory foam cushion for today’s drive. He has two more games today.

Steri strips are starting to fall off on their own. Each one that falls off is one closer to getting in the pool I hope! Still have to wait for the next follow-up on Jun 3.

Sleep is nearing normal now. I have the leg pillow under the covers with me but don’t feel I need it all the time.

Happy Sunday!

Happy Sunday!
I found car rides brutal for the first few months. After about 30-40 minutes I wanted OUT!
Not only was sitting in the same position miserable, but the seat belt buckle landed over a portion of my incision. I found using a gel ice pack between the buckle and my leg helped, at the very least served as a distraction.

Improved sleep is always a bonus. Good to hear it's returned to normal.
A goal for your One Month Anniversary on Thursday - avoid the ODIC all week :yes:
@inthebeginning

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GordieO
Recent bookmarks
Back