Guest viewing is limited

THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

Hi @AnnieRose2
You are in my thoughts because I know you're frightened and worried.
Wish I could give you a big ol hug. The odds are really in your favor. Please cling to that.
I'm lifting you in prayer each time I think of you...or see your name.
Prayers for your healing, comfort and peace of mind.
Sending love and a hug your way :console2:
 
Good morning Soul Sister. I hope today finds you feeling better. I believe you are going to reverse this setback. You have a positive attitude and know what to do. My OS's advice was what we hear here as well: the hip actually will heal with just gentle heel slides and walking. I'm on ice as I write to you now. It still helps periodically during the day to sooth the wound area (which is still tender and sore) while I wait for the glue and final tapes to cure and make the final seal. (I guess that's what it's doing!).

Movies, books, games, deep breaths, and of course music and the good vibes from your forum friends will help get you through this couple of weeks. Continue to let folks help you and pamper you.

I cancelled out of holiday invitations for today. My neighborhood does old fashioned block parties and fireworks. I really just want to stay in with hubby and pup and relax. I find I get tired and fatigued really easily likely because my night sleep is so poor and I nap during the day.

I rooting for you GF! Have a restful holiday.:mooncat:
 
After my own week-long funk, I can only imagine how discouraged you must be feeling right now! Please do whatever you can to take care of your head through this - play music at obnoxious levels, run through a box or two (or three!) of Kleenex, watch bad tv and throw video bricks at the screen. (I used to have foam blocks painted like bricks I could throw at bad shows. What, didn't everybody?) Your leg's got this - it's busy growing bone like a boss right now, snugging up on that spike and anchoring it so you can finally kick that walker to the curb. What you need to do is take care of you and stay away from the dark side.

I've been to the dark side recently. 0 stars on Yelp.
 
Dear Dr. Bone-obo.
I filled your prescription for the best medication , laughter , and I’m taking it as prescribed, every hour on the hour.
Thank you for your words of encouragement.
Yes, I gotta keep my head straight, bang the walker on the floor. Eh, they needed to be re finished anyways.
And remember my battle cry..
95%
Happy 4th!
 
That a girl, Annie!
I like your new outlook.
If you feel yourself sinking again.... tap out an S.O.S :sos: and we'll call for reinforcements.
Please know we're here ready to offer encouragement whenever you need it.
Hope today is peaceful. Tall order on a noisy holiday!
Big hugs!
@AnnieRose2
 
Yes, I gotta keep my head straight, bang the walker on the floor. Eh, they needed to be re finished anyways.
Find a good head-banger piece of music (Queen?) - wood floors make the best percussion instrument.

I would watch every comedy special on Netflix the first 2 mos.
So true! Loved the observational standups - Iliza Schlesinger, John Mulaney, Patton Oswald. Nobody too angry. Great timing and could listen to with eyes shut. Bliss!
 
Wasn't it a church floor they recorded that sound for the song? Use your walker, not your op leg! Sunny Afternoon is the song for today for me.
@Bone-obo Seinfeld Comedians in cars getting coffee was great. He did some in NY and went to places I know.
I love James Corden Carpool Karaoke, some great performances in a car. Red hot Chili Peppers is a good one.
 
@AnnieRose2. Also don't forget original Seinfeld reruns. Always good for laughs. Out here they run at 10 & 10:30 pm, when you're not asleep anyways. I've been watching those before bed and never fails to provide chuckles. I like bone-obo's imagery of that bone growing, forming and colonizing the new hip ...while you rest! Wishing you much healing during this phase. It can happen so fast if we just allow it.
 
Haha! Yep, serenity now. I even resorted to watching old Andy Griffith show reruns the other day which was oddly comforting, black and white old school tv. Laughter = Medicine. A worn out cliche but so true! Have a nice 4th.
 
We're old enough to remember the Honeymooners with Jackie Gleason, some of the purest comedy ever. Minimal props and all body language and facial expressions.
 
Love James Cordon's Carpool Karaoke too.
Also Jimmy Fallon's Kindergarten Instruments.
And there is something comforting about those shows from our childhood
like Andy Griffith, Gillian's Island, Bewitched.....the days of innocence and healthy little bodies
with no painful, creaky, deteriorating joints, lol.

Hope today is good to you, Annie
Big hugs!
@AnnieRose2
 
If you have the Periscope app @AnnieRose2 (or anyone else recovering for that matter) I highly recommend watching the "Wild Earth" series, formerly Wild Safari but now they offer both livestream safaris in Africa as well as livestream deep dives in the Caymans. Nothing more soothing than watching all those beautiful fish and sea creatures. Plus the show guides are all super informed professionals and because it's live you can ask questions via Twitter or chat with viewers online or just watch and enjoy. They're almost always on in either safari or dive mode. App is free. And no they don't hunt or kill anything. Strictly camera safari but you can watch close ups of lions, giraffes, zebra...some of the best footage out there now.
 
Really stupid question: do you mean "Serenity" the movie based on the scifi series "Firefly", or "Serenity Now", the last episode of Seinfeld? (Mind you, both really, really good choices.)

I love the Firefly series and Serenity. It seems to be a bit of a cult favorite as I don't find many who know about it! I'm not a huge sci-fi fan like hubby is but I am a true fan of this series and movie. Thanks for reminding me!
 
Dear Soul Sister, we started this journey together and we'll get through it together. I hope you are feeling some healing with the rest and modified PT and ice. Ice - I started using it about a year ago as I coped with the hip and kept thinking I'd beat surgery. I was quite reluctant as I hate the cold and it makes me ache weather-wise. I'm sitting the wound on ice as I type now!

I think you will heal and make the next step soon. I will be cheering you on! I'll connect in PM as well GF!
 
Back
Top Bottom