Guest viewing is limited

THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

Next week , I start my outpatient PT. I was hope to drive myself to the appointments. Now I’m re thinking this and maybe asking someone to come in the car with me.
AR2
I was "cleared" to drive after 2 weeks...but I waited til the end of my 3rd....and then only drove a few blocks to the shops...still don't drive much but actually went out today. I have a low to the ground car and always make sure my seat is back all the way before getting in and out...(idiot me) forgot to do that and rotated my op leg a bit getting out...lets just say.....well....if that hip could talk:shocked:! Ughhhhhh
Totally of the school of letting someone drive if you have that option ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We practiced getting in and out of car..sitting behind the wheel was one thing , driving will be another. I Have my first OP PT Monday. I hope to drive myself. Yikes!
I found driving to be pretty easy from the get-go, but surprisingly draining over long distances. Kinda freeing to get out on the road by yourself! You'll feel just like you're 16 again!

Actually, that may be the last thing you'd want to feel....
 
Good Morning Annie Rose ~
I hope you're feeling well today....I'm switching it up and have a little bit of a different song for you today ~
"Dance with Life" by Bryan Ferry
You are a brilliant light AR2 and I think this song is so beautiful....just like you!
Sending positive healing thoughts to you today ~
 
Awwwww~
I just thought that song was perfect for you today : ) it's so so beautiful...just like you!
Thank you for your sweet note and healing thoughts ~
Sending love and hugs~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mind / body Short circuit

The body is bad and so is the mind.
Bad pain at hip and going down thigh. The Tylenol is not working. I’m icing but not much relief.
I rarely call the surgeon, but I did today.
I spoke with NP and she said I should re -start the gabapentin. Restart? I was never on it.
I’m getting some relief, after taking 1 dose.

Now the mind games are spinning..the whys.
Why don’t I call the surgeon office?
Why wasn’t that script given to me.?
Why did I do squats with PT

I’ll be ok..
just gotta Get Back
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh...I'm soooo sorry you're in pain right now ~
You'll get back soon, I just know it...probably over-did it a little too much ~ hey now you've joined the ODIC club ~
I'm crowing you "Queen of the ODIC" today:elevate: and sending you healing vibes ~
and.....
I absolutely love the Beatles....all about LOVE (maybe I'll do an all Beatles day : )
Big Big Hugs to you ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, my friend, @AnnieRose2 We started this journey together so will stick together. I am so sorry to hear about the renewed pain. I hope that rest and icing along with the new medication will ease this for you.

I send loving vibes to you for a good recovery from this. I tuned in to my favorite tunes and her recommendations yesterday and lifted myself out of my funk. This forum has been quite helpful.
Get Back, girlfriend! You know what to do and we are rooting for you. xoxoxox:flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Luvs, like a cool drink on a summer day., I enjoy your words of comfort and support.
Thank you . GF. We’re a team from the get -go.
We all know the drill.
Rest ,Ice and Music..


“Mama said there’ll be days like this.”
 
Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAHAHA! Yep...hopefully not too many :shocked:(days like this...that is...)!
Working on your song for tomorrow....it's gonna be a good one....better rest up:wink:
Hugs~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why did I do squats with PT

Glad you realise this was not good for you.
Your leg is not weak, it is injured.
It doesn't need that kind of stress put on it with the soft tissue and muscle trauma it has experienced, especially so early out from THR.
Listen to your body...give PT a rest..
Hope you have a Better Day!
 
Good Morning Annie Rose,
I hope you're feeling better today and were able to get some rest ~
I'm sending lots of LOVE today to you from "The Reverend" : )
A little song for you ~
"Love and Happiness" by Al Green
Sending you positive healing vibes and wishing you a beautiful day and a relaxing pain free weekend ~
Big Hugs ~
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom