Guest viewing is limited

THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

:friends:AnnieRose, my Hippie Soul Sister, where are you? How are you doing? I hope you are continuing to improve. We started this journey together with our pre-op anxieties, the surgery, and now our rehab.

Are you doing outpatient rehab? Driving? I recall you got to shower some time ago. Darn, I hope I get that release tomorrow at my post-op. Hopefully, today is my last sponge bath and sink hair washing!

I'm sending you hugs, love, and healing vibes!
 
Hi.Luvs. Unfortunately, I have a big set back.
The whole leg is busted..cannot weight bear, pain when I sit , pain when I stand.
Pain down the front. Pain Down the back.
I back with the walker.

It started Thursday or Friday. I finally called the surgeon and the NP put me on Gabapentin on Friday..I went into a Zombie State from that medication...All I could do was lay down. No walking which probably didn’t help the muscles..

It got worse on Saturday. This is a Major Teaching Hospital Center in NYC, New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases , and yet I could not reach the doctor on Saturday.. The phone would not connect..I think that pushed me over..I was so alone..

I wish I could express the total irony in that statement..all over his paperwork, his patient care packet, in bold print , they say
“ you are never alone”.
There it was, taunting me...

Sunday AM, after 5 tries , I got thru to his service.
He called back and , I will see him Monday, tomorrow.

Needless to say , I am a mess.

Your post brought me joy. To know someone is thinking about me. I know I have friends here.
Hugs
 
Wow, Annie, I'm so sorry. I wonder what's going on?
Do you recall doing anything that aggravated it, a particular movement....anything?
Please try icing if you're not already. Let us know what your OS says after your appointment tomorrow.
Wishing you comfort in the interim.
@AnnieRose2
 
Sweet Layla, thank you for your kind words.
I’m trying to think of my activities. Was this a case of “over did it?”

It will important to list my activities for the Doctor.

I will report back.
 
Oh Dear, my friend, I am so sorry to hear about your returned pain and challenges. I will be thinking about you today for your appointment. You were doing so well that I also wonder if you inadvertently twisted or bent or overdid it. I will be looking for your follow-up post and sending prayers, vibes, and healing energy to you. :kitty:
 
Thinking of you this morning @AnnieRose2
I hope your pain is decreasing and your OS can offer you reassurance.
We're all rooting for you.
Sending a warm hug! :console2:
 
Layla. I saw the surgeon and he said the implant dropped 1 millimeter and that’s what is causing the pain.
I’m back on the walker. And very limited PT.
He told me 95% of people get better And I should think positive and be one of those 95%ers.
I hope I can. I know enough in life, sometimes all the good thoughts can only go so far.
Idk what it all means. It’s a lot to take in.
I’m still in pain. He said take Tylenol and Gabapentin. No tramadol because I could get depressed from that.
I see him in 1 month.
I don’t want to look on internet and read stories, because all that is too scary.
He said he didn’t use a larger rod because he didn’t want to shove and hammer it in and traumatize the femur.He felt he used the right size.

I was doing so good.
Right now I don’t feel too positive.
 
Awwwwww~
So sorry to hear that my friend, guess on a positive note...at least your femur isn't broken....sounds like it just needs to rest a bit, just let it heal ~
Sending lots and lots of healing vibes to you right now ~ as well as a private message : )
Big Big Hugs ~
 
Awww, Sweetie, please try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done.
If your OS offered you some reassurance, try to cling to that. 95% chance is pretty darned good.
I'd like to tag Josephine for you to let her weigh in.
She has 50+ yrs experience in Orthopedics and has seen a lot. I'm wondering if you have an x-ray to post that she could look at? Please take your surgeons advice and don't start googling. The odds he gave you are pretty high, try to dwell on that.

Let me know if you want me to tag Josephine. Or, if you choose, you can do it yourself by placing an @ in front of her name.
Sending a warm hug your way! :console2: Please know we're here for you whenever you need us.
@AnnieRose2
 
Thank you Sweet Layla, I think I’m going to follow my Doctors orders for 1 month.
I’m going back to “Day 1”. Walker, lifting my leg , slow and steady.
And hope that new bone will grow.
I will keep the option of checking with Josephine in mind.
Hugs
 
Great to hear! I'll bet everything will be just fine. I'm a worrier myself so I get it.
When I think of all the things I worried about needlessly....I shake my head.

I'll continue to remember you in prayer. I'm sure others will also.
Please know we're thinking of you and we'll be here anytime you need us, day or night.
You know someone is always hanging around here....lights never go out.
Sending a hug and wishing you comfort. I hope today is a good day.
@AnnieRose2
 
Thank you sweet Layla. There's been no change in my pain level. It hurts when I do heel slides , one on of the easier exercises for me last week. I keep thinking , this was my fault., by over doing it. ( Balancing on the affected leg. I did that move with the Home PT. )
The OS said not to think that way. It's real easy to get into a real bad funk. I'm going to have reach down deep.

Being back on the walker is terrible. My old house doorways are too small, so I'm fighting with that thing. ..taking out my anger on the walker.. I was so happy to get rid of the walker 2 weeks ago., now I'm back to being dependent.

I'm not much fun today. Even still, sending out healing thoughts to everybody.
 
My dear Soul Sister, I am so sorry to hear about your setback. It does sound like it's a good prognosis for recovery after these steps back. That 95% heal fine from this is reassuring. I hope the rest and icing moves you along and out of pain. Grab AnnieRose kitty and take that rest time for yourself.

I am sending you prayers, healing energy, and as many hugs as will go through cyberspace! I'll PM you as well.
 
Sweet AR ~
I'm thinking of you today and thinking of "Good Days Bad Days"....we all have them...some worse than others ~
beautiful song and lyrics by Richard Butler, I hope you're feeling a little better today ~ sending you lots of love and positive healing vibes to you ~
 
Oh AnnieRose...I hate that you are having to worry and having these issues.
Please know we are all rooting for you and you can always vent or pity party here.
Nothing is for certain but I'm going to keep praying that this will just be a hiccup in your recovery.
Healing hugs coming your way.:console2:
 
Thank you , dear Mojo, you are always encouraging.
Your kind words help me when I getting discouraged. I am scared, but I have to focus and deal with this.
I’m trying to remember the OS said 95% people get better.
It’s my new mantra.
I’m laying low, literally staying in bed , using walker. Just doing heel slides and calf pumps.
Not even walking around the house that much.
I see PT on Friday for limited treatment.
The OS goal for me is to get back on cane in 2weeks.

My High School reunion group is having another get together next month..I declined b/c of this set back.
I didn’t get into all the drama with them.
I told them I was doing great in recovery until I added “ circus tricks” into my exercise routine.
Made myself laugh..
 
@AnnieRose2 I'm sorry to hear of your setback, you're now sentenced to the icing chair. Seriously we've all had setbacks and it's hard to keep a positive outlook. Try not to dwell on the how or why just keep looking forward and take care of that hip. Concentrate on a healing diet and doing nothing more strenuous than listening to music or watching movies. The odds sound in your favor at 95%.
 
Back
Top Bottom