Guest viewing is limited

THR AnnieRose new hip June 5<

Yikes!
Doesn't the thought of falling just f-r-e-a-k you out?!!!
It does me....still! I'm happy to hear you navigated that shower safely, in the end.

Please don't let anyone pressure you to lose the cane. You will soon enough. I wouldn't even
consider it if you're limping. And if you do have a limp, practice heel-toe walking.
Let your heel hit the ground first, followed by toes. I found it to feel awkward at first and it takes
concentration, but it works! Your knee hurts because it's used as leverage for dislocation. I don't know that you can "walk it out". Frequent icing and elevation will be your best bet.

I think you're doing great! Getting in the car next week, then driving soon, will give you a feeling of
independence. It's like we're kids all over again learning things we've mastered already. Walking, driving...
You gotta laugh! :heehee:

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!
@AnnieRose2
 
@ Layla, Im so glad you said " no pressure to get rid of cane" . I sorta felt like a failure, if I don't. I get it. They want me back to my life..And so do I .
It' s my body, my journey. I will honor my process. This is hard work
Thank you for encouragement. Hugs to you
 
Hugs back at ya!
Go at your own pace. Trust your body and your instincts. You're ONLY 17 days out of major surgery.
You're doing great, you're not behind....take it slow and easy.
 
Hey Annie Rose ~
How are you feeling today? You are so supportive on this forum ~ you're truly amazing my dear!
Just checking in and sending you positive healing vibes today : )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the sweet compliment..I read thru a lot of post and you are the happiness fairy sprinkling sunshine.
I’m ok today.
I practiced Mountain pose again..and added warrior 1 and warrior 2 ..ARMS only.heehee
I clean up the kitchen and was able to move around without the cane..small kitchen . Nice sturdy countertop nearby.
Hubs is heating up my home made chicken soup. (Cure All) . And I’m elevated and iced.
So. I’m chillin
Sending Hugs and Healing to you
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the sweet compliment..I read thru a lot of post and you are the happiness fairy sprinkling sunshine.
I’m ok today.
I practiced Mountain pose again..and added warrior 1 and warrior 2 ..ARMS only.heehee
I clean up the kitchen and was able to move around without the cane..small kitchen . Nice sturdy countertop nearby.
Hubs is heating up my home made chicken soup. (Cure All) . And I’m elevated and iced.
So. I’m chillin
Sending Hugs and Healing to you
That's so awesome and GREAT to hear!
YAY!!! I made chickie soup as well for my recovery:chuckmarch:!
LUV mountain...just stretches you out makes everything right : )
You'll be amazed at the progress between weeks 3 - 5...and by the 6th (I just started) you'll feel pretty normal and back in the game again!
Chillin is good ~ stay the course...slow and steady wins the game : )
Hugs right back to you~
 
GM, fellow Hipsters.
I have an insurance case manager who calls and checks on my progress. She asked if I started to prepare meals for myself. I said, " YES , I peeled a hard boiled egg today". She paused.."Did you cook that egg?'
"No, but I did put it in the egg slicer".
My Expectations, My Perspective, My Outlook , and My Journey.
Nobody puts Baby in a corner
Have a Healthy Healing weekend
 
Last edited:
Hello AnnieRose, I'm glad to hear you are moving around with more ease. I'm glad we have our yoga to enhance our PT. My PT is very supportive of my integrating my chair yoga into my exercises. Everything is based in Mountain pose sitting or standing so I'm glad we know the alignment and breath work to keep us grounded!
I'm impressed that you are moving into Warrior poses even if arms only. I haven't tried it yet but am feeling ready to give it a try. I find it more difficult on a chair so will do it land-based to start.

I love the boiled egg story! You are moving around a bit in the kitchen too without the walker it sounds like. I just ordered myself a Maui flowered cane as the Medicare one hasn't even been ordered. I am glad we've been able to make this journey together, Soul Sister! Your support and kindness has been so helpful. I have met others here too that have similar approaches to recovery and have been so wonderful.

Sending you loving and healing energy for the week!:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you for your Kind Words. Luvs. You are doing a great job. And alway inspiring . I love the idea of a flower power cane..
I practice my balance poses daily. PT was here today. I’m now doing the side step without cane and balancing on affected leg, only . (All in front of kitchen counter., just in case)
We practiced getting in and out of car..sitting behind the wheel was one thing , driving will be another. I Have my first OP PT Monday. I hope to drive myself. Yikes!
It’s remarkable how somethings got easy, all of a sudden.
Easy is a relative term..my timeline is 3 months..(set by me.) Tomorrow will start my week 4.
I learned everybody is different and healing is mental and physical. The goal is get those 2 in sync.
I can’t let my brain get ahead of my body.
Daily thought.,.Honor where I am in my journey. Be kind to me.
Gratitude for small victories.
 
Hi Annie Rose,
I do admire the way both you and @luvsibes are moving through recovery.
Slow and easy, taking it all in stride. Not forcing anything.
"Honor where I am in my journey. Be kind to me." Love that!!
Having a heart of gratitude makes all the difference too. So much better
than being grumpy because you're not meeting unrealistic goals.
Inspiring for others to watch. Keep up the good work!
Hope your week is all you want it to be!
@AnnieRose2
 
Thanks Layla. I look to AnnieRose, my Soul Sister (we discovered during pre-op that we have a lot in common!) for inspiration as she's a few days ahead of me. Thanks @AnnieRose2 for the inspiration and tips along the journey!
 
You guys are great. I enjoy both of your posts / updates.
It's nice to connect with others here who we feel are kindred spirits.
It adds something special to the journey.
Hope you both have a great day!
 
A little song for you AR2....for when you can slow dance w/your sweetie~

"A change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke ~I dig the Nevill Brothers version (cover) of it ~
Goin' "deep" in my music catalogue for you today...:wink:
Thinking of you and wishing you positive healing vibes my friend~
 
Last edited:
I like all these oldies but goodies. I’m looking for something to move me today.
I’m very tired today..my sleep cycle is off. Staying up late, getting up early. Snoozing away in the afternoon.
Today is my week 4 Anniversary.
Talk about change a coming..
Next week , I start my outpatient PT. I was hope to drive myself to the appointments. Now I’m re thinking this and maybe asking someone to come in the car with me.

Stay strong and positive
AR2
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi AR2, This is such a good group. I'm still off with sleep as well but have been for months prior to surgery. I find napping daily to make up is good as long as I do it early enough in the afternoon and limit my nap to no more than 1 hour 15 minutes.

I hope you can rest and stay strong and positive. I think that you are both but this is a challenging time. I will be entering the new phase next week. I agree that re-entering the world and driving might be something to do slowly and with assistance.

Take care of yourself and I'll continue to send you good thoughts and prayers!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Been there for sure! Still have days like that....2 steps forward...1 step back!
My doc ordered "in home PT" for me....maybe yours can too?...Who wants to drive right now (ughhhhh) ~

OKAY:
I have another little something that may help put a smile on ~ (goin' deep again for you: )
"Dancing in the Street" by Martha and the Vandellas....and of course David Bowie and Mick Jagger covered it....(fun little bit of trivia) lol
You'll be dancin' again SOON, I just know it....meantime, relax & rest and know I'm thinkin' of you today~
 
Last edited:
This is such a good group. I'm still off with sleep as well but have been for months prior to surgery. I find napping daily to make up is good as long as I do it early enough in the afternoon and limit my nap to no more than 1 hour 15 minutes.

I hope you can rest and stay strong and positive. I think that you are both but this is a challenging time. I will be entering the new phase next week. I agree that re-entering the world and driving might be something to do slowly and with assistance.

Take care of yourself and I'll continue to send you good thoughts and prayers!


Luvs. So nice to hear from you today...I’ve been thinking about us.
Today is my 4 week anniversary and I know yours will be in 3 days.
Look at us.!

I have Home PT , a nice guy and he reminds me, while I’m assigned “Home bound”, I should not be out, except church, synagogues or haircuts.
I would love to get a mani/ pedi..but I’m not to sure about getting into those pedicure chairs. Too much of a circus act , right now.
Thanks for sharing your sleep story. All this will pass. I have to keep reminding myself.

Sending healing ,hippy , happy thoughts your way.
Namaste
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom