THR AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set

Well good luck with your next surgery, you sound very optimistic & upbeat & entering into a surgery with a great attitude is way to go for sure.
 
I’ll be my surgeon’s first patient tomorrow morning! His office just called and I’m to be at the hospital @5:30 am. So “early in” and hopefully “early out”…….my guess is surgery will be around 7:00 am or so.

Question for the moderators…..do I start a new recovery page? If so, I’ll do that once I get home and “wake up”….:heehee:

I did run into a snag with one of the prescriptions the dr wrote…..some darn insurance “red tape”……got it resolved but I’ll just be purchasing the rx without insurance covering it….I’ll follow up with the carrier a few days following the surgery…..
 
As your upcoming surgery is just a short few months past your first hip, it makes most sense to continue with this recovery thread.

If you'd like the thread title changed (AMAB's new hips, AMAB's big hip adventure, etc are possibilities... whatever you would like!) a moderator can do that.

Best of luck tomorrow - we'll be waiting for you!
 
Best Wishes tomorrow! You sound committed and ready to roll. :yes!:
You can start a new recovery thread, if you desire, or continue on here, it is up to you.
Let us know how you're doing when you're settled in at home. Will be watching for you, amab.
@amab
 
Hello! Surgery was first thing this am; we had to be at the hospital @5:30; took care of the “paperwork”……my wife was advised around 7:20 ish that surgery had started; the surgeon updated my wife around 7:55 that all going as planned and he called my wife about 8:15 to let her know the replacement was completed successfully! Naturally I spent time in recovery; did the PT/OT things; was discharged and home about 11:15am. Doctor called just a few minutes ago to check on me-all good!

So, starting recovery with nothing but rest, elevating; ice; pain meds, etc. feeling pretty good at the moment!!

How about a new title?
“AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set”

I’ll let the moderators make the call on that…

Oh, the hip right now feels as expected…..sore but based on the pain the past 2 weeks it’s definitely an improvement!!!
 
I'll be glad to change your title for you.
 
Congrats! wow, that was a quick stay at the hospital, awesome.
Keep us posted.
 
Glad you are on the Healing Side, @amab. You know what to do! (And if you need a refresher, go back to post #2 in this thread.

Best wishes for an easy recovery!
 
Good day yesterday! Swelling under control with ice/elevation; rested well last night; settling in for college football…..Roll Tide!!!!!
 
TV remote, ice and elevation = a perfect Saturday in recovery!
 
Weekend went smoothly; not much pain; staying on top of meds/ice/elevation; short trip out yesterday with my wife and our Vizslas….me and the”dogs” stayed in the suv while she ran an errand….

Swelling/bruising this time around is less for some reason. Amazing how much smoother the joint is especially when standing up or walking….night and day!

Best to all in their recovery journey!!!!!
 
Couple of “fair”’days yesterday and today; seemingly a bit sluggish (no pain meds); up a bit more yesterday; more recliner/icing today: swelling a hint more this evening; basically feeling fatigue……bandage came off today, dermi bond type of covering; incision looks good for 6 days out. Calling it a night!!
 
Great report at 6 days - "sluggish" feelings are actually valuable as they help keep us resting appropriately!

To quote staffer Roy Gardiner
"When you are icing and elevating and watching telly you are not 'dossing around' you are 'engaging a carefully considered proactively designed heuristically programmed dynamically structured recovery programme'."
:heehee:
 
Great report at 6 days - "sluggish" feelings are actually valuable as they help keep us resting appropriately!

To quote staffer Roy Gardiner
"When you are icing and elevating and watching telly you are not 'dossing around' you are 'engaging a carefully considered proactively designed heuristically programmed dynamically structured recovery programme'."
:heehee:
I love this!
 
lol, I remember Mr. Gardiner posting in my TKR threads days!,
 
Off line for a couple of days….no issues to speak of; my surgery was the anterior approach and my thigh muscles are very sore, seem to be more sore than with my right replacement in June. Will see the surgeon on the 27th for the first follow up;

I’m eating like a horse!! Did some reading and seems that might not be too unusual. I track calories through an app so I do keep an eye on that; try to keep my weight in check and being active (prior to surgeries) helps with that. But I did have an urge for a steak last night! Grilled them up……

Out on errands the past couple of days; longer one yesterday, used the cane, fair amount of walking; was pretty tired by the end of the day. Thursday was the most steps I’ve taken since surgery; should I dare post a pic of my “rehab” activities from Thursday???????

Will watch football again today………
 
You are doing great! Remember you aren't in training for a marathon!!! :loll:
It feels so good to get back to doing a few "normal" errands & get out.
Enjoy football games!
 
Hi amab,
Thanks for the update. You'll have to let us know how your post op goes next Friday. Best Wishes for that appointment!
I did have an urge for a steak last night! Grilled them up…
Protein provides the building blocks necessary for the creation of new tissues, so hope you enjoyed that steak!
should I dare post a pic of my “rehab” activities from Thursday?
Sure, why not?

Enjoy football today! :)
 
I’ve been fortunate (again) with this LTHR…..felt well enough last Thursday to ride our mower….so that’s the photo of my rehab activity a week post surgery!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] AMAB’s LHR Completes a Full Set
    IMG_9246.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 33

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom