TKR Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hello everyone, another beautiful day here, managed to rest in the Sun & brushed my beautiful pussy George........LOL Is it the drugs? or that last sentence was not quite appropriate.:giggle:

Tonight is one of my quieter Friday evenings, normally have friends around for a red, to unwind from the week. Decided I needed time out, as the knee is just so annoying at the moment. I really feel Im sounding like a stuck record, repeating my self all the time, and repeating to all my lovely knee friends. LOL Did I tell you my knee sore at the moment........Did I tell you my knee is grumpy at the moment. Did I tell you all this....lol
I so want to get off this repeating, thinking, am I OK, Is my pain the same as every one else's .Am I exercising to much, am I having to many pain killers,why doesn't it feel better today, Its a 11 weeks I should feel better.
I WANT THIS OVER NOW PLEASE, AND MY KNEE DOESNT SEEM TO BE LISTENING TO ME.
Is it that my knee is deaf, I keep giving it rest, I keep icing it, I elevate it, I even say wonderful things to my knee. I give it regular massages, WHAT ELSE DOES IT WANT. AAHHHHH
I Have been thinking, may be its not my knee, but my ability to learn PATIENCE. :boohoo:
 
brushed my beautiful pussy George........LOL Is it the drugs? or that last sentence was not quite appropriate.:giggle:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I was like, WHAT THE.... LOL Okay, guess that's how they roll Down Under. :rotfl: I was thinking hmmm, :umm: maybe if I relocate I can get mate to hold the brush for me. :egypdance: Glad you cleared that up. lol

Btw, you don't sound like a broken record, you sound like me and a bunch of folks on here. SOMEBODY LIED to us about the recovery time and it's making us antsy. Thank God for Bonesmart!

I gotta run to the Dr now. Not for my knee, it has something to do with your "brush." lol Oh, how I HATE my annual. :hairpulling:

Have a good as it can get today day! :flwrysmile:

 
Yes, those knees can be difficult can't they. Sweet talking and massages aren't doing the trick? What a wretch. :heehee:
Hang in there.
 
Ha Ha. Ha....
Knees aching a bit, ankle "kinking", hamstrings sore, calves sore, scar itching like crazy,and IT band loosening up very sloooowly. :groan:
On the other hand....I can walk faster and further than before my surgery, knees are stronger, pain is much less and my confidence is growing every day. :happydance:
If I am honest I'm much better than before but there are times when i feel I'm getting nowhere. I think we all get like this on times. We have been in pain for long time before our surgeries and we are all looking forward to the day we are able to get our lives back. We are like kids waiting for Christmas It seems like it's never going to come.
Time and patience.....
Wanda
 
My Way, Kneeper, Bionic Woman, thanks for reply, I love jumping on my iPad as soon as I wake up, and have a read. Knowing your all tucked up in bed.
I seem to post at the end of my day, and you know I'm tired and sore then. This morning I'm posting before I jump out of bed, and I can say I'm feeling happy, and ready for any challenges for the day.
I can see out my window another beautiful spring day has arrived.
Thankyou My way yes TY, I have improved, I am a lot better, it's hard sometimes to remind your self of your improvements, thanks for helping me out, my brain doesn't always work the way I would like it. Lol .
kneeper Yes lots of good Self talk and massage being done, you know, if I hadn't maybe I would be further behind than I am.
I must learn, to sit back and look at the big picture. I go back to see my Surgeon Monday, I'm looking forward to this, as I know really things are improving. Rome wasn't built in a day,!
[Bonesmart.org] Am I on the right track? this was me 10 weeks ago, I'm happier now, I'm not in bed everyday. I must learn to appreciate baby steps. I can do this, IM DOING IT! AND DOING IT WELL? Ok I hope all my friends are happy and asleep.
 
Hi Knee Pain. When I'm having one of those days, when any patience is beyond me, I've found something that seems to help...maybe learned from your Down Under culture. When my waking world doesn't offer much encouragement, I visit my dream world. About a month ago, I started to sleep better, the kind of deep sleep I haven't had in years. And I began to dream. One night I dreamt I was walking along a road in Tuscany. Last year, in my waking world, I walked that same road, only in pain. But in my dream, I am walking on two good, strong legs, feeling only the wonderful sun. Another night, I dreamt I was going forward on that bike, something that has yet to happen in my waking life. Last night I dreamt again of Italy, and I was bounding up those steep hills of Assisi. In my waking world, I could only sit at a cafe and watch my friends go up those hills. So, now, every night I remind myself to dream of what I hope to do, and feel, someday in my waking world. In a few hours, I hope I will drift off and find myself with you, walking through the outback, or wherever you want to go. And both of us will be walking, laughing and having a grand old time. See you soon.
 
Dear Leonie,

Our knee is in charge now! WE have no say in the matter. :hairpulling: You sound like you are on too many drugs to say stuff like that! :rotfl: You are improving and don't think for a minute that you are sounding like a broken record.:no-fin: We are here for you! :friends: I know I am. You have been a great help to me. Made me laugh and are even willing to take my daughter off my hands! :rotfl: Oh by the way, she will be on the next plane down under. :heehee: GOOD LUCK!!! :rofsign:

I hope you have a wonderful day! :flwrysmile:
 
Good Morrrrrrrrrrrrningggggggg! You know I'm not sleep! In fact it actually IS still early here. I'll probably be up late anyway, but for now I am supposed to be awake.

Glad you're having a nice sunny spring day there :SUNsmile: and you feel up to the challenge. I too get up and check to hear from you guys in the morning. :friends:


I would post the pic my boys took of me the day of my surgery, but I look like the Exorcist. :yikes: No joke! I may lock my hospital door so they can't do it again. lol CRAZY CHILDREN! I wonder where they get that from? :umm:
 
Good evening girls. Clarrox I do love to dream, you know I often dream at night, we girls all on Bone smart, have a great big reunion on a beautiful tropical island, we are sitting around laughing, swimming, and talking about our recoverys , and how non of us really remember how hard our journey was. As now we we we are so fit and running, and it was only memories, we are laughing rolling around on the floor, at all the brilliant posts, were we thought we would never recover, and here we are loving life. May be I can make this dream come true. Please start putting a dollar away every time you curse your knee, it won't be long and our island reunion holier day will come true. Who's coming???? Who's joining me on this wonderful island??
daughter stalker I have the room ready, I will call you when your little girl arrives. Xo
 
Good morning Knee pain :sigh: You are looking at a beautiful spring morning and I am looking at a chilly late summer night. It's supposed to warm again tomorrow so it may be a day of sitting in my lounge chair and soaking up more sun. I always feel my spirit is lighter on those days. We have had a nice sunny and warm summer. Maybe that's why I haven't gotten down too often. :SUNsmile:
I'm happy to see you feel better. We all have those days and I'm sure mine aren't over yet.
We are tired and sore at the end of the day and some days are worse than others. Tonight is one of those nights. Just took a pill and have the heating pad behind my knees. The bed is turned down, extra blanket on and the Kobo is loaded with a new mystery. Bet you can't guess my plans for the night. :snork:
Enjoy your sunny day. Get out and doze in the yard. Best therapy I did for my knees. (It didn't hurt either) :rotfl:
Check on you in the morning
Wanda :yawn: :sleep:
 
Definitely want to be a part of that dream and reality! :egypdance:

Oh, you left out the part where we're lying in a hammock and being fed grapes! When we've had our fill, we can get up and crush them (since our knees will be strong) and make wine! :martini:

Seriously, I want to start a reunion in the states and overseas. daughter stalker and I are definitley coming to see you one day! :cheers:
 
Bionic woman2, My way I, personally, would prefer to not have to lift a finger on our holiday, and want the wine poured down my throat by the same person peeling those grapes. As for swimming, I don't have to wear a tropical bikini do I? That would be something none of us would ever recover from :beer:
 
lol Clarrox, Sounds wonderful. :martini: Even the tropical bikini will work, because all will be made new again when this dream becomes reality. Que Toothfairy with the pixie dust. Lala Laaaaa :angel:
 
Oh no No way!! Clarrox Bionic woman2 and muddy paws No way am I going there again! It starts off as a little relaxation around the pool with some hunk pouring wine and feeding us grapes and then it gets totally out of hand. Been there and it took me all summer to recover from the trauma! :yikes:
Please go to the pre op section and find the thread "June Sunbeams Front and Center" By New knee in June. It's about 6 or 7 pages in. I don't think my poor shattered nerves could stand it again!!! :rotfl: :loll: :headbang: :shocked::scary:
Wanda
 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay My way I'll look it up, but I'M GOING! :tantrum:
:martini::egypdance: :beer: :yay: :cheers: :happydance: :cheers2:... and repeat! WAIT, Not the grey guy! :cheers2: He looks toasted! lol
DON'T be THAT GUY!
 
We're having too much fun. :egypdance: We're gonna kicked off of this site in a minute! :loll: I can hear it now...What kind of recovery thread is this? :martini:​
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom