Guest viewing is limited

TKR Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading to much....lol Its easy when you have so much time up your sleeve, to spend time on computer and google all sorts of things.
I have decided 3 days ago to lower my 2x10mg of OxiCotin, to 2x5mg OxiCotin a day, I upped my icing and elevating the leg to most time I am resting, not feeling much pain, have a really funny type of head ache, may be a withdrawal, not sure. Im doing this because I have read horror stories of people getting hooked on it. And because it was doing such a good job of my pain, I just was not sure if I had pain any more. So far so good, 3 days and alls good. I just hope I do not come back on line in a couple of days crying, because my pain management is out of control. All this makes me feel so nervous. I have upped the Panadol Osteo.
Now if I could get rid of this fuzzy head, all would be looking up.
Not doing many long walks, as I am comfortable, and I do not want to up set the knee. This new knee really is very spoilt, I give into it every day, and give it what ever it wants. LOL glad I never brought up my children like this.
Did I ever tell you, how spoilt I am. My man has been absolutely wonderful, with everything he has done for me, could never have coped on my own, he needs a medal. Although I see now a few sighs, the novelty of helping may be wearing off. LOL ANYONE GOT A DIVORCE THROUGH THIS JOURNEY...LOL No hes around to stay. :thankyou:
 
I know that fuzzy head feeling. It's been months since I stopped the Oxy but my brain still works like my knee does on the bike: I can go up and down but can't quite make a full turn. It's only in the last month or so that I can actually read a book without drifting into fuzzy-land.
I've decided to blame it all on TKR, and not aging. Keep up the good work.
 
Hey Leoni, did you get your package yet? I know you're probably still asleep just or waking up. :mcoffee: Not exactly sure on the time difference. In any event, I hope you have them "chillin" ready for use. :egypdance:
 
My New ice wrap didn't arrive yesterday :(........Its been 3 days, I paid $10.00 extra to get next day mail, disappointed. I did track it on line, it has been sent, and says its on the way. Fingers crossed today is the day. LOL Then I will need to wait for ice to freeze........lol You can see I am not a very patient person.
Yesterday I had a really good patient day, iced and elevation was done through out the day, had a little outing with my man, in the the car, took my ice bag with me, no extra walking was done. I actually thought I had given my knee the best day, Had all my pain killers on time, was a good girl.
Well I had the night from hell, the knee just pained like the worse tooth ache all evening. I tried every position possible, used ice, eventually gave up, and placed a pillow long ways under my leg, had given this up a couple of weeks ago, but did give me enough relief for a couple of hours sleep. Woke up with pain again, to tied to get ice, but had my pain killers, went to get on my Ipad to pass the time away, and it was cold to touch, remember we are in the middle of our winter. Pain being so annoying, I placed the very cold IPad on my knee, I felt relieve from the cold......LOL and managed another 2 hours sleep, waking up with a warm IPad between my legs. lol the things we do when you have TKR and desperate for comfort.
Up and showered now, and feeling very much like a grumpy old lady. Im trying to tell my self once again...SUCK IT UP PRINCESS.....Its just your knee healing, no point getting grumpy, It only turns into tears.
So now trying to think about pleasant thoughts.....May be I will get all my old photo albums out, and look back on all the wonderful memories I have. Thats all for now, talk later. XO:whistle:Singing....Hi Ho, Hi Ho, off to positive land I go..........Hi Ho.
 
I am sorry to hear that you are in such pain and didn't get good sleep! :boohoo: I don't know if I would do well in the cold. I had my TKR in the summer because I don't like being cold. I also thought about having to wear long pants after surgery and said heck no! It was 34C here today. Are you impressed that I changed it to Celsius? Just love the Internet sometimes.

SO where is that darn ice wrap when you need it? In the mail! :hairpulling: I hope for your sake it arrives soon. I have a cryo cuff I am not using. My freezer went on strike and is not producing like it should. Doesn't do my knee any good. I would have to go to the store and buy ice. I usually only buy ice for the beer cooler and the ice cream maker. If you read my story about the ice you would understand.

I wish you relief today from your pain and quick freezing when your ice wrap arrives. Take care OXOX :flwrysmile:
 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rotfl: What am I laughing at? Where do I start?

Then I will need to wait for ice to freeze........lol

Sounds like the equivalent of tapping your fingers while waiting on the microwave. I'm pretty patient sometimes, only because I'm a Multitaking Maniac. :dancy: So while I'm waiting for one thing, I do 3 other things. :happydance: That's my ADHTripleD kicking in. I'm glad you were able to track it down.. you techie you! :wink:
I got a package in the mail today too, only thing it's going back. It's not what I expected Booo!

I'm loving your ingenuity though, go ahead and substitute that cold Ipad for an ice pack why don't'cha! :loll:So sorry you had a horrific night :hairpulling: after such a lovely day. :SUNsmile: Hopefully, you'll get a good night's sleep tonight. :sleep:

I did lol through your entire post. My son was like,"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?" I said, "The people in here, pointing to the laptop screen." :loll: It's official I'm crazy, but I already knew that. In fact, I have people of my own. :rolleyes: That's what we call it when someone is a little special. Or we say, "She's a bit of an extra person." :egypdance: They good news is, I KNOW I have people and my people work well together. :friends:

Speaking of extra persons... Um, daughter stalker, OAA called and they need you to come in. That's Over Achievers Anonymous. "34 C here today" Blah, blah, blah SCHOOL TEACHER! lol Now I gotta Google it and give my weather report because I'm also a card carrying member myself. Well... it was 29.4444 C in my area today. :rofsign: :rotfl:

I obviously have too much time on my hands. :whistle: I even started re-learning Calculus to help my son with his HW. Which I need to check right now!

Type to you later :)
 
Sorry you had such a bad night. enjoy some quiet time with your new cold wrap. :)
 
Pleasant dreams Leoni :sleep: None of this! :zzz: or :mcoffee:

With a good night's sleep, you'll be able to run to frig, grab those perfectly set ice wraps and put them to good use! Aaaah! The thrill of it all! :egypdance:

Btw, I can't wait till I have enough money to buy a cyro cuff for my foot. :happydance:I had 2 surgeries on my toe years ago and it (along with my ankle) swells up if I'm on my feet too long. I'm gonna need it when I go back to work. Then I can change my user-name to "Cyro-Cuff Woman." :loll:

daughter stalker, YIKES! :yikes: I'll be thinking of you. :beg: :bow:
 
Yes my new ice wrap has been wonderful, had a great day found I could do heaps more today, wore it around the house while working.
Managed to fill the boot of the car, with goods for the needy,count down is on for our big shift. Not sure how I'm going to cope with settling in to new home, and resting the complaing knee. One great thing at the new home, it's got a really big swim spa, will up the water exercises.
I love Fridays, bring it on only 2 more hours......love seeing the Grandkids Friday. Good night,
 
It doesn't pay to be offline for a few days! Leonie, what is this special ice cuff please and do you have a web site for it. I like the idea of something wearable. I'm lying in bed with my cold ish iPad on my chest ( its a mini, the iPad: unfortunately not the chest) and I can feel the stupid ice pack slowing slipping somewhere that doesn't need the cold. You must be on the move house wise soon. Him and me are off to Noooosa in a couple of weeks- looking forward to warmth. Booked business class for a bit of space. Outrageous cost but hey, who knows when the next holiday will be!
Upping my hydro to twice weekly soon. How is yours going?
 
How is yours going?[/quote]

You lucky thing! A swim spa! I'd kill for one. We have an ancient pool that can with the house but is only solar heated and we can only use it from November to April, if we're lucky.
I'm sure that will help your recovery. What a great thing to look forward to- never mind the rest of the stuff, make sure you know where the towels are!
 
I know I'm relocating now, Grandkids and a swim spa!:egypdance: We could chase those babies all day :happydance: and when our "knee pain" kicks in, it's ice wraps and swim spa for everybody... well no ice packs for the babies. They can have ice cream (us too!) I'll bring my ice cream maker. lol

Okay, on a seriously note (pay attention because you know that won't last long with me :heehee: ) I'm glad you were able to wear your ice packs while you worked. "Ice packs while you work.. Dodo-do-do-do-do-Dooo!" :whistle: Told you it wouldn't last long. Oooo, I have an idea to help with getting your house set up once you move, you can get your grandkids to help "a little." They may do more cleaning down, while you clean up, but it's worth a shot.

Wishing you a great weekend with the kiddies. :dancy: Thank God for ice wraps. :angel:
 
Good evening Knee pain,

I hope you are doing well. The Ice Cuff is a wonderful thing. I just wish I had an ice machine to keep up with mine. I stopped using my Cryo Cuff as I couldn't keep going to the store to buy ice. The cold packs that I keep in the freezer will do. Much easier than going to the store and my freezer doesn't complain. :heehee:

Enjoy your weekend!
 
Hopefully you're doing some of this here... :sleep: :sleep: :egypdance: :sleep: :sleep: :egypdance: :sleep: :sleep: You get the point.

Pleasant dreams Leoni :friends:
 
I am officially a grumpy old lady, we have had 2 of the most beautiful spring days, the leaves are all springing, birds are singing, why aren't I feeling happy, why because I am a grumpy old lady, everyday I have been trying to be positive, tried to be happy, when in pain at home I decide not to complain, as I sure everyone is sick of hearing about it. I only give the info if they ask, now I lie about it. Now I answer I'm doing great, yes great improvements, Thank you. So not true, my head is spinning, my knee aches, will this ever end. I'm a grumpy old lady, I keep wandering what's different this week.? I just don't know, it's just how I'm feeling. Although I have cut out 5 mg of my evening Oxicotin I still have 1 for the day time, I'm on my third night of not having it, it's only a small dose I have given up, could it be possible, I'm having withdrawals. I'm so jolly confused at the moment. I have a furry head and have waves of sickness come and go.
My meds are 6 to 8 Panadol Osteo a day. 5 mg of Oxicotin a day. Not a lot of bad pain, just niggly pain, yes does get tight and stiff, when I overdo things, yes I'm icing and elevating regularly. Ok it's going to be a grumpy day, for a grumpy lady down under :(
 
Knee pain I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties with pain and waves of sickness. I hear you and am right there with you in a way. Come on Princess, SUCK IT UP! :heehee: You know I am just kidding. Have you contacted your OS or primary care doctor about how you are feeling? Are you trying to do too much? Please don't borrow my ODIC card. I am trying to get rid of it but it finds me every time. :tantrum:

I am so glad that I have an extra day this week to rest. Monday is a holiday here and I so needed it. I tell everyone that I am doing okay, great, or awesome when they ask. Sometimes they see me limp and ask why I am limping. I tell them that it just isn't that easy after surgery. To the people who are closer to me I also state to ask me if I am glad I did this in a month, because right now I can't say either way. I have found that this is the way I can tell them how things are without complaining outright. I haven't been complaining at home until recently. I am tired of the hubby and daughter thinking that everything is back to normal and that I am super woman! :hairpulling:

Please know that if you need to whine, I am here for you. Complain away my knee twin! :console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom