TKR Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mama! Love the new pic! :whistle:
High Drama on my end, hope things are going well for you. :friends:
 
Hi Kiddo, will soon be back. Every time I log in, Im made do a new pass word. When I use the pass word thats correct the fff thing doesn't except. I so need a big catch up.
 
Its 7 1/2 Mths since my Knee operation, had some big huddles in my life,I spent a lot of time on this site and made some great friends. But I have only been lurking around the site for Mths. I have a lot of catching up to do with every one. Please forgive me if I was following you, and disappeared. But some times life hands out big challenges, Things are almost back to some sort of Normal, back to surport you.
My knee still gives me heaps of stress when I over do things.
I have never woken up in the morning and walked off in comfort, the knee is so stiff and sore, I think it is muscle related, I wished I knew.
When I go shopping if I try to fasten my pace in walking, it feels all jelly like and weak.. A bit wobbly, do you think I have a problem? Does any one else have these feelings.
Im a little dissapointed Im not walking quicker and better.
Im on 6 panadol Osto a day, never really need really strong pain killers. Some times I take Voltaron, and aniflamitry.
I dont do any phisio sessions any more, do you think this would help me. I go to the pool and do my own exercises. Look forward to hearing from anyone plese. Regards Leonie.
 
I'm glad to see you back! I know how you feel. I have some trouble from time to time. I also haven't gotten out of bed and walked without discomfort. :sad: I hope you are better soon! Miss you! OXO
 
Hey buddy, I know about the extra hurdles and added stress of LIFE, along with our recovery. Gee thanks right. :skep:Lol hang in there .:friends:

I'm still struggling at times too! Standing and walking for prolonged periods of time are my knees Kryptonite. I'm doing a lot of stretching,and a little resistance exercises as opposed to weights and it seems to be working for me now.

I'm glad you're back, even if you're just being a "Peeping Tomasina" :rotfl:

Take care my friend. :flwrysmile:
 
What exercises are you doing? Strengthening the leg muscles something that can help that wobbly feeling but it doesn't happen overnight. You want to keep active but don't ramp up too quickly and give yourself tendonitis.
 
Hello old friend. :friends: Hope you and your family are doing well. :prayer:I've been through the wringer, but I'm still standing. :treadmill:

Hope you're taking it Kneeasy. :alarm::bath::martini::martini:
 
Hi KP....I had my TKR just a few days before you last summer. It certainly has been a very long haul! My knee is also still pretty stiff much of the time. I've been working with a personal trainer since January and mostly I think that has been good. But I over did it and inflamed my IT band, was back at my Surgeons office worried about it and ended up back in PT for a few weeks. Thankfully that helped and between the PT and trainer I've now learned some great new stretches for the IT band so that I was able to manage a trip to your part of the world for work, going to Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, week before last. Oh so very slowly, I can tell it is getting better...and I absolutely am there with you. I hear that around the one year mark, that you reach a point that you're not aware of the knee all the time. Here's to July!
Best,
Joyce
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom