TKR Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Leoni, I mean Grumpy Old Lady, smile... :o) It could be the Oxy, my OS said it has numerous withdrawal side effects and I've heard most meds combined with our condition can aide in depression, SHOOT our condition can take us there all by it's lone-self. :boohoo:

Maybe you can ask your Dr for a different medication, it may be time to switch up. You know Oxy is :whistle: "The Lucy in the Sky with Diiiiia-monds" med right? It also takes a while to get it out of your system. I was fuzzy for a while, and I'm about to go back there again in 2 weeks. :scare:Maybe I'll see Alice in Wonderland this time. :egypdance:No Madd Hatter though, he's scary. :scary:

It's nice to hear from you, even if you are grumpy. :console2: I definitely understand, it comes with the territory.:gaah: I was getting worried about my down-under mate! :friends:

Get even more rest today, :yawn: lie about your knee to people who don't get it.:bicycle1: Jsankowski and I are forming a Tag-team wrestling duo to drop-kick people who say stupid stuff to us. We can always use a third guy. So practice flying into the ring from on top of the ropes while you're home on leave. :loll:
 
Hey Leoni, is this anywhere near you?

broken link removed: https://news.yahoo.com/monster-crocodile-traps-tourist-australian-island-082034324.html
If so, I'M NOT COMING! :scary:

Oh, if it makes you feel any better, I woke up feeling grumpy because of the morning pain ritual. :mcoffee: I was about to call the Whambulance, but decided to ice instead. :martini: WAIT... Not that kind of ice, fooey, I was getting excited. :egypdance:
When will this end :umm: and I'm gonna do it again. WHAH! :tantrum: Hello, is this the Whambulance? :sos:

Oh, and my son is growling at the top of his lungs at the video game he's playing. :hissy: THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY! :hairpulling: At least he has the sound down low, so I don't feel like I'm in Vietnam.

It's a holiday here, so he's out of school. It may be a holiday, but him screaming combined with the way I feel, let's just say... it's NO PICNIC! Oh and it's raining. lol lol Oh boy! daughter stalker, can I get some cheese please. :heehee:

Hang in there... You're not alone mama. :console2:
 
Good morning girls.....LOL Bionic Woman 2. Im so far away from the crocodiles....thats the out back Australia. Im in the more civilised Australia, but do have a few snakes around.( Not the trouser type ):wink:
I have cut out my long acting Oxicotin morning dose for a few days, today I have decided to try going off my day time dose, Im so over not being able to think straight. Also while on them, Im not sure how bad the pain is, or do I still have pain. Yes I have all that achy stuff, all that stiffness ****, but Im hoping I will cope with just panadol osteo, and heaps of icing, may be going the wrong way, but will find out soon. I guess I may start pulling my hair out. At the moment the withdrawals are bearable, bad headaches and just a grumpy old lady still. will give this a go for a few days, and hope it doesn't take long to get out of my system, will go off to the Dr, if to many problems arise. :mcoffee: I guess Im just feeling really hung over, with out the fun of the drinking and party. :scare:
Its rather sad, not to come on line, and not have happy positive things to say, but You girls really cheer me up when I find a post from you. Thankyou.:friends:. Maria, Im feeling I can do this, so I guess Im feeling a little better.
OK......IM READY TO SAY IT...SUCK IT UP PRINCESS..........
CHEESE PLEASE........
You guys have a great nights sleep. Im sitting in my recliner, looking at what I would like to be doing....ONLY 12 Days until our big shift, getting a little nervous.
Move over girls, I have just decided to fly over to you, jump in bed and have a snooze with you. I promise not to snore.:sleep: night night to you........good morning to me.
 
Hi kneepain Just reading your last few posts and I have a suggestion. I stepped down from percocet to Tramacet (tramadol with acet.) and the Tramacet works well this far into my recovery. I only take it when needed. There are days I only need it once or twice and then there are days when I have to take it every 4 or 6 hours. I have a few Percocet left over from early recovery and on really bad over did it days I have resorted to taking a dose or two.
I didn't like the Percocet long term. I found that after 4 or 5 weeks I was getting moody, agitated, anxious ect. when they started to wear off and decided it was time to take tramacet more often and less oxycodone.
Tramacet seems to have less negative side effects and it doesn't affect my moods at all
Wanda
 
I love the new pic, but I am missing my tray of cyber treats. :heehee: What were those by the way?
 
LOL Thought It might give you something to do, like where is Wally, change my profile picture every day.
Gyper treat was pork belly, one of my first outings to a restraunt after TKR, do you like profiteroles, Bionic Women, I will use that picture next, to feed your needs...lol.
Wanda, thanks for the info on drugs, the names of drugs in Canada are a little different to hear, I will research it.
Just had the worse 2 days withdrawals, sweats, anxious, really bad head aches, and no sleep. But woken today, feeling clear headed, and life feels good. Yes keen pain has increased, but maybe only a 7, with being good hope it stays well behaved, go back to specialist Monday will get something else rather than the OXYCONTIN.
Have a lovely day everyone. Xo
 
Profiteroles.. had to Google it and YES PLEASE :p :yay: For a minute there I thought you were gonna say you'd ship me some. I was about to run out and wait by the mailbox. lol :happydance:

Glad you finally kicked the habit. Hopefully you'll get a drug good enough to battle pain without sending you into Lala-land. :spin:

Enjoy your beautiful sunny day and continue to take it easy. 7 out of a scale of 1-10 is high, but if you're anything like me, you're use to pain. :groan:

I'm gonna TRY to go to bed soon. Glad to hear from you even if we are like ships that pass in the night. :wink:
 
Knee pain I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain. I hope you contact your OS or primary care doctor sooner than Monday to get you some relief. You shouldn't be in that much pain. It isn't good for you or your psyche. I am glad that you recovered from the ill effects from the Oxycontin. Please take care and keep us updated on your progress.
 
Knee pain I am so sorry to hear that you are in such pain. I hope you contact your OS or primary care doctor sooner than Monday to get you some relief. You shouldn't be in that much pain. It isn't good for you or your psyche. I am glad that you recovered from the ill effects from the Oxycontin. Please take care and keep us updated on your progress.
I wished I could get to the OS before Monday, but he is away until then. BLAST.
I will rest and try not to do any thing to make it pain up more. Thanks for caring. XO
 
[Bonesmart.org] Am I on the right track? My man went shopping. A get well gift, Im so spoilt ahhhhhhhhhhh. I just love this moon ring.
I just love my man. I thought he was ready to divorce me after all my grumpiness. How wrong can I be. LOL.
We have been together 39 wonderful years.
 
The <3 rating is because I LOVE it! Yaaaaay, "Lovvvvve, soft as an easy chair, Lovvvvvvvve fresh the morning air..." Do you know that song? I think it's called Evergreen. Google it, you can use it for your 40th anniversary. I'm come down under for the celebration to do the interpretive dance. That's my specialty. :loll:

Bet your in dreamland now :sleep: dancing around with your moon ring. :egypdance:
 
I see we're having a delicacy photo shoot, so I wanna get in on the action. Below is a tray of cupcakes from one of my Dessert Tastings. There's Oreo, Mint Oreo, Caramel Rum, Red Velvet and Sweet Potato Grand Marnier, BOY do I miss the Grand Marnier. Hmm, :umm:I may need to whip up a batch of those before my next surgery. :egypdance: Gotta get my practice in before the holiday season. :heehee: I'll hit you with the chocolate next time.

[Bonesmart.org] Am I on the right track?
 
I wish I was up to it. The other day someone called me after receiving one of my cards, First of all I hobbled over to my cellphone and answered abruptly. :gaah: I thought she was a telemarketer. lol I explained my saga and told her I'd be up and running around the holidays. That indeed is my wishful thinking. :beg:Gosh! As soon as you get started along comes a monkey wrench and BOY have I had a few of those thrown in. :hissy: One day I WILL have successful baking business, I can taste it! :puppysmooze:

I'm still working on the shipping thing. For now I only ship to my family and friends in case it gets jacked up. I send them unfrosted and let them do the honors. Maybe I send you some mushed up ones for your birthday. :loll:Trust me, they'll still be good. :yes:
 
I love mushed up cupcakes as long as I don't have to make them. They usually are the best tasting. :yes!: You can put the icing on it, too. :snork: If they are mushed up then the messed up icing won't matter anyway. :shrug:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom