TKR Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I have just returned from OS, 11 weeks and 4 days since my TLKR, but who's counting. Bend was 125, could straighten more than 0, he did say he was pleased with this as it is only very early days yet, and it will keep on improving, I knew this. I told him I had taken my self, off the Phisio program weeks ago, due to 3 times a week, I was recovering from one session, and then going again, nothing was improving by causing all this pain. I did say I was still going to the hydo pool exercise every Wednesday, as this did not give me the grief the PT gave me.
He was pleased I wasn't causing my knee grief, and would have suggested I stop doing it.
We got along very well, until we started talking about the pain, and pain management.
Im currently on 6 Panadol Osteo a day, and about 2 or 3 Endone a day, Thats all.......he said it was time I tried to cut out the Endone if I could. I told him about, cutting that out a few weeks ago, and it didn't go well. He was very reluctant to give me another script for them, but did. He wasn't interested in changing me to other meds for pain.
I guess I will keep up with the Endone, but have them sparingly. And when I run out go back to my GP and have another discussion with him. I dont feel Im on to many pain killers, and I know now the leg works better on them.
I guess the bottom line is, he thinks Im doing brilliantly so I had better start thinking it also.
And I must remind my self its early days still. He doesn't want to see me for another 6 months, which will be Feb.
I must not compare my self to other people who seem to do a lot more running around than I am.
Life is to short, to become a grumpy old lady. So once again SUCK IT UP PRINCESS.
And once again. I CAN DO THIS, I AM DOING THIS.........And yes I am learning patience.
And I just wished the pain would stay away long enough for me to do a little more.....Im sure this is the wish of all recovering TKR.
YES.................A DAY CLOSER TO RECOVERY EVERY DAY....AND COUNT DOWN UNTILL OUR REUNION ON AN ISLAND WITH OUR BONE SMART FRIENDS. DREAMING IS GOOD, AND A GOOD POSITIVE ATTITUDE FOR ALL.
XOXOX
 
Leoni, this is such WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! 125-0! You GO Girl! :egypdance::egypdance: :egypdance:

Btw, my OS wanted me to start weaning off of meds at 6 weeks! :hissy: Maybe the new meds he's considering will work for you. :shrug:

I am Soooooooooo happy for you and your good news. :yes!: You needed to hear that you were on track, and moving right along. Seeeee..... :yes:
I go for my pre-op/post-op all-in-one on Wednesday. I hope my news is as good as yours. :beg:

:martini: LADIES START PACKING!!!!!!:martini: ​
 
Bionic woman2, not a good night for you, your not asleep. Im icing after my outing, went out for a nice luncheon after my appointment with my man, it was really nice, but tiring. Now getting the strength to go a tidy up this pig stye Im living in......will prob last 20 minutes then back to elevation.
I hate untidy houses..lol Im such a virgo.
 
I'm usually up til 2 am since my surgery. That's probably why I look like this :mcoffee: in the morning.
I do get enough sleep though. :zzz: I'll start going to bed again at a decent hour after my next surgery.
I hope! :beg: For now I'm "upside down" like a newborn. lol

You can come right on over here when you're done tidying up your house. :yes: I don't even have the energy to fuss at my boys to clean up anymore. :shrug: I'm SO over a lot of different things. It's like I've been drained of certain desires. I don't even crave coffee first thing in the morning. If I have it twice a week that's an accomplishment. I don't want to eat when I first wake up, in fact I'm not hungry till around 2 pm then.... WATCH OUT!!!! :happydance: I want information :martini: but I can't finish it.... WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME??? :thud: Where's the ADHTripleD girl :dancy: I once Knew? lol

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm just like this now... it's interesting. :umm:
 
Day is over, and evening has fallen, almost 8pm I am busting for 11am to come, I so want to go to bed, if I do my back gets to sore if Im in bed to long. I have a craving for Banana fritters......except I have no good oil to cook with.
 
Something good happening at 11 AM? :what: I have some good cooking oil. I will send some your way so that you can have your banana fritters! :heehee: Well I would if I could! :)

Gotta get stinky into the shower so that I can get ready for work! :groan: Later sweetie! :flwrysmile:
 
Yeah, what's up with 11 am? Is that the fritter making hour? If so, I may need to come on over. :bicycle2: Never had banana fritters before, but they sound good.
 
hi Knee pain Wow ! What a great report from your OS! Your ROM is good and as he said It's early days yet. My OS sounds a lot like yours. He doesn't agree with aggressive PT either and also would prefer I didn't take strong pain killers at this point. Thank goodness my GP will give me tramact but, I must admit I need them less now. You'll get there soon as well.
Thinking of you
Wanda
 
Thanks My way, yes good report, but what about less pain, I will go to my GP to get more pain killers. I didn't have my dose last night, got through the night just OK, but this morning after my shower, It's just paining and so stiff, been trying to stretch a bit. If I sit and rest it's OK, just when I walk. So much I need to do. I'm happy to pace my self, 30 minutes jobs, 30 min resting, and icing.
Are you going OK Wanda?
 
I feel you on the stiff painful knee. I hope you're not in too much pain today. :console2:

I have a tree trunk today and I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT! :tantrum: I'm also pacing myself with my household stuff. Trying to get ready for another session of "down time." I must admit, I had a whine11 day from start to finish.... Well at least till now. Lots of irritating things happening at once.

For example my new neighbors downstairs have a leak and thought it might be coming from my son's bathroom.... Need I say more??? Yep, they needed to go into the "little boys room." :eeeuw:

I won't go into all the other stuff that's bothering me on your page. See... you're not the only person who thinks they sound like a broken record. Tomorrow will be much better. :beg:

Since it's already tomorrow where you are, you are basically GUARANTEED to have a lovely day! :flwrysmile:
 
I'm off to bed, had a great day with friend for lunch, sat to long very hard to walk when I got up.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Am I on the right track?
I want to do this again, with great knees.gif
 
I totally agree with TURTLE POWER! I was just saying how SLOOOOOOOW I was walking. I take my cane with me when I'm in a crowd and walking long distances, so people will know to "work around me." lol

Oh, if that's your pool I'm on my way! :bicycle2: Not that I can swim, but I do know how to dip my feet in the water and sit around the pool looking cute w/a drink in my hand. :beer:

HOW ARE'YA?
 
Hi Knee pain! Love the picture of you and the family! Okay...those are your son's legs behind you?

How are you doing? I hope Bionic woman2 didn't scare you away from the computer with her threat of coming over there if that was your swimming pool. :heehee: If she is coming there to your pool make sure she has enough information for all of us! :loll: Love ya, BW and KP too!
 
I got up early this morning 7am, and was at the local pool by 8.30am for hydo pool exercises. My phisio was very encouraging, cute little guy, LOL The more he said how good I was, the harder I worked......I was like a silly little school girl. Lol you all know what this means, Im home icing and elevating the old knee. WOW really over did it, self inflicted. now 11.am think I will stay in this position until 12. Hope your all resting, and getting a little shut eye.
Yes daughter stalker thats my sons legs, lol I thought I was getting a lovely photo of nanny with her three boys, at least I got two of the boys, and sons legs being funny. I did love the picture.
Bionic woman2 and Daughter stalker s, waiting for you..........for a swim, and a cocktail in the pool, bring the kids, all the more the merrier.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom