Guest viewing is limited

TKR Am I on the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching the morning News, a very large fire has destroyed a very old, and popular side board in New Jersey, is this a place any of my new Bone Smart friends go?
 
Sad, I'm originally from NY, but I'm in Ge-orgia now. Sure is taking you a long time to wee wee.:umm: Are you SURE you don't need a depends, daughter stalker has plenty!
 
I went to PT Today just a courtesy visit, as I , been turning up to my appointments, because of the pain it caused, used excuses not to go, thought I had better go and tell him I wasn't coming any more, and I would only be going to my water exercise, which is pain free. He warmed me up, then I had to sit on the table for bend measurements, after he did it, he then wanted me to lie on the table and do it. I thought ohhhhh nooooo I never get a good measurement on my back, its always less....LOL And I wanted more lol we all want more.
Drum ROLL.....I got 125 on my back, I was delighted, as I get 125 sitting on the table. I was about to be little Miss Bossy..and tell him I was not coming any more, when he said your at 125 bend with out any pressure or pain, he feels he could feel a lot more bend if he really wanted to push me, and he thought I need not see him any more, as long as I keep up the Hydro pool. But to come back in 8 weeks to look at how I am going. LOL Little Miss Bossy did not get the chance to sack him...LOL I had practised how I was going to let him down......Blast had it all so well rehearsed.
So thats all great, but as normal after phisio, Im in my trusty recliner, toes above nose, and heaps of ice now for the pain and swelling. I don't feel the pain being bad while im exercising, its like 30 minutes latter hell breaks out.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Am I on the right track?
[Bonesmart.org] Am I on the right track?
Spencer top picture in Black tshirt and black hat, 6 yrs old. Mason white pants red top silver hat 8years old. The best little musical.
 
Hi mama, glad things went well with the P/T and your ROM was the same in any position. BAM! :yes!:

LOVE the pics of the boys. looks like they had a blast! :egypdance:

I'm not gonna be much of a joke-ster today. Just got some disheartening financial news... what else is new. :cry:

Gotta go see what I can do before my surgery.

Get a good night's sleep :sleep:
 
Good morning Leonie! Have a great day! I am pooped out and am turning in.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
daughter stalker, Leoni's out getting All Beautified! :wink: She's probably gonna go out dancing tonight too! :egypdance:
​
GOOD AFTERNOOOOOOON LEONIIIIIIIII... :happydance: ​
 
I had a brilliant day today, Had my hair done 3 mths since my op, the last time it had been done. I fell human again.

[Bonesmart.org] Am I on the right track?

Then went out for lunch with my man, then went for a shop, bought new jeans, a shirt and a beautiful new dinner set for our new house, big shift Tuesday. This is the biggest day I have had since my op and enjoyed every moment of it. I felt I was struggling buy the end getting hard to walk through on it, the walking stick was hurting my hand, as I was weight bearing so much on it for support. When I got home in the car, it was so difficult to get out again.

The pain on weight bearing was unbearable, had to get help from my man and hobble in. Had an extra pain killer, iced and elevated. I have been in this position for 3hrs, just got up and still can't walk through on my leg.

Josephine is this normal?

I have been icing for 3½ hours now to relieve the pain, while elevating pain is bearable, but walking is horrific, I have got the walker out again so I can take the weight off my knee. When walking the pain seems to be deep inside the knee. OMG this is terrible. I feel I'm back at the first week after surgery. My friends have arrange breakfast and dinner, out for my birthday tomorrow, was so looking forward to celebrating as I was so much better. Not now. Oh have I just over done it ? Just tried to get up again ... na it's to painful to walk.
Ohhhhh stupid me, I think. :( :(. :gaah: :groan:
 
I am in my 5th month post op and still find it easy to overdo. Ice, elevation and a good night's sleep help me return to my new normal. It's so easy to overdo, isn't it? arggggggg
 
:cry::boohoo: :sorry: :cry: :sorry: :cry: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT FAIR!! :tantrum:​
​
Leoni I'm hoping you just swiped your ODIC card one time too many. :groan: Get ALL the rest you need. I'm sure it will past. I know you're sick of the Roller Coaster ride though. :headbang: Me Too! :hissy::doh: :hissy: :doh::headbang:​
​
I didn't know tomorrow was your birthday Loli. :scratch: What's you're favorite cake? I'll see what I can do. :umm:​
 
is this normal, I have been icing for 3 1/2 hours now to relieve the pain
Sadly all too normal. I couldn't get my head round this roller coaster recovery. It used to scare and worry me. Now at 6.5 months I know when it happens that I have to take to my bed. It takes a good 10 hours of rest before its back to something more manageable. The other day I fell asleep in the chair. My foot was on the floor. Clearly knee didn't like this one bit. When I awoke I couldn't bend my knee. Got to my bed with great difficulty. I It took 9 hours of elevation to recover. Its a long road for some of us. But I am assured from the highest authority (Josephine), that we will make a good recovery eventually. Carol
 
When walking the pain seems to be deep inside the knee. OMG this is terrible. I feel I'm back at the first week after surgery. Oh have I just over done it ? Ohhhhh stupid me, I think
Well, you said it! How long were you out all together? More than an hour, I'll warrant! You learned a valuable lesson here, my dear. Always plan short trips, always watch out for the warning signs and arrange for the outing to be brought to an end as soon as they appear. I know you were enjoying yourself and your new-found sense of freedom, but tell me, looking back, was it worth it? Wouldn't it have been better to split things up into three or more separate outings? You present pain and discomfort will settle ultimately but please be more cautious next time.
Had an extra pain killer
And what's this "AN extra pain killer"? What kind of med was it? What had you taken before?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom