Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

I am going on 6 weeks friday. My rom is 115 my flexion is 0. Good news . Badnews ...I can't get rid of this limp. I Still have my cane if I put it down the limp is back. That's the only thing for the life of me I cant get rid of. I see my os on the 11th of Jan. And I want to throw that cane in My trunk when I leave. My pain is down but that tightness is like a drunk at a bar it won't leave.:flabber:
 
There's no need to rush to get off the cane. It's just a tool. Keep using it until you walk without a limp.

If you limped before your surgery, you will have to get your body used to a different way of walking, and that could take a while. It's still less than 2 months since your surgery, and you have plenty of time.
 
I used a cane well into 4 months. When my leg got tired I got gimpy. At just over two months, it's not surprising that you still have a limp or need a cane. Remember, patience Grasshopper...
 
Thanks @Celle . You are right @ karriB patience is the key.sometime you forget and want that microwave healing. I also have a numb right foot. I hope that disappear soon

..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm almost 7 months and still use a cane out in public, especially in crowds. Your knee is still a baby and you'll need that cane for, just in case times, when the leg feels tired or weak or you're among people who might bump into you. It's a safety issue.
 
Any one here feel like the tkr leg is longer than the other one. On my tkr leg my back hurts my left leg feel like it's shorter than my right.
 
I think it could be a possibility that your right, I've read that some where, where you can have difference in leg length after surgery. Guess a either the surgeon or a chiropractor can probably tell if you if there is a difference in your leg length.
 
If your TKR leg was bowed or knock-kneed, even a little, it will have been straightened during the surgery. That will naturally make it a bit longer than it was.

Your body had adjusted to the leg being slightly shorter and now it has to readjust to the normal length. This often results in backache and hip pain. Those will fade as your body gets used to the new leg length.

The only way to tell if one leg is actually shorter than the other is to have full-length X-Rays of both legs - not something you want to do without a very good reason.
 
I gained two inches in height after surgery for both knees. I imagine that the new knee makes the leg longer.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Well going on 8 weeks feeling pretty good but got lots of aches in pains. And sometime when I am walking my tkr leg want to give way. Every night I go to sleep I wake up and my tkr leg get numb from my knee down.I hope this is all in the healing Lord I couldn't stand another setback . I see my os Wednesday and hopes these things are normal.
 
Well I saw my os Wednesday, he said I could do the rest of my outside pt at home . My rom was 115 and my fexion was 0. I am 8 weeks tommorrow. I am still elevating icing and resting . I was able to drive my truck today just fine. Now it's the waiting and patience is the key I guess
. How long do I have to wait before I can walk a mile. Today I walked about 200 yards. I came home and got ready for the bed I am here now on ice. I got a long ways to go.:what:
 
Is there a thread called sisters in him?


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
. How long do I have to wait before I can walk a mile. Today I walked about 200 yards. I came home and got ready for the bed I am here now on ice. I got a long ways to go.:what:
Wait a day.. then try for a little more than 200. I started walking 200 yards much earlier but after 12 weeks a mile for me is a 20 minute outing.. My mailbox qualifies for that.. You have to build up the endurance you have lost in the last eight weeks.
It will come.. I am ready for over two miles. You will improve quite a bit in the near future.
 
Well one reason I can't walk that far because I have a tight lliotibial band on my tkr knee what can I do for it
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom