Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

Same here. If I am extra tired, the new knee feels like it wants to give away sometimes.
 
My other knee began to hurt tonight when I was laying down. I thought I would at least have another year or so. Knees are a pain in the butt. I really don't want to go through tkr again until this knee is well. I haven't slept 3 hrs in a row in 6 months . I can go on and on and everyone tell me things will get better. Lord I hope so because right now I am like sister in him said. I am sorry Mr knee you are the boss.....:loll:
 
@sistersinhim . Yesterday was 8 weeks for me how long did it take for you to not notice you had a tkr. Some days I have a lot of energy and the next day I can hardly get out the bed. I can't seem to get comfortable with my new knee.
 
I can forget about this new knee about half the time. I can go up and down steps the normal way, if I'm not carrying something, and I even went down a ladder with the old leg first, instead of the old way of leading with the bad leg. It had been at least 20 years since I had done either one of those things! But, I still have pain on the inner knee when I bent tightly. And where the stem goes inside my bone under my knee will still ache and be extremely tender after a lot of lifting or extra hard activity. I've traded one pain for another, but the arthritis pain is completely gone. That is a blessing! This pain now will go away eventually unlike arthritis pain which only gets worse. My energy level stinks, but I've gained my weight back, so that's not helping my energy at all. Some of it might be some leftover 'after surgery energy drain' but most of it is because of being overweight. I have to get that off!
 
@sistersinhim I went on a low carb high fat diet. I lost 60 lbs in 4 months. Google it. It get hard sometimes but it worth it. I think I will start on it again I have gained about 15 pounds, but it's hard trying to heal and stay healthy plus ice cream and cookies follow me home from the supermarket. I try to put them out the car but they won't leave.....:loll:
 
Dark chocolate and mixed nuts are my down fall! Thank you @rightsidelimper. I will google your diet. But, carbs are SO good!
 
OK I am 8 weeks out. My ankle hurt my knee hurt I thought I would be able to wean off my pain meds after 8 weeks but look like it's going to take another 8 weeks:flabber:. Tonight I bump into something and knock the top layer of skin off my knee on the cut heading to gp for antibiotics in the pm tommorrow. I am so tired. Anyone get sharp pains in there tkr lower leg. I am a complete mess. :alarm:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sharp, quick pains? I experienced zingers, almost electric like shocks.
 
I had a problem with my shin bone hurting quite a bit at times. Is this the area you are talking about? Also, where the stem goes into the bone on the bottom of the implant hurts a lot after a lot of activity. Please let us know how your skin tear does. That is so scary.
 
Well doc said everything was ok about the cut on knee. I don't think I will ever get used to this knee. I am waiting for the day that I can say I made a good choice by having a tkr. When I came home e I was over exhausted. I tell you the bed is my friend. Finally got through with pt. Now I just walk around in the house and do chores and sleep. I am waiting on the day I can walk around and shop and go on vacations. My leg feel like a leg of cement. That tight ban come and go. Well on my way to bed for 2 hours and then up trying to go back but only take an hour or so. The only good news is 9 weeks friday........ :spin:
 
@sistersinhim skin tear is ok. The area from my knee to my ankle in the front hurts only when i have done to much.Today was a good day just lots of tightness. Since we do no pt ,then what do we do to keep the knee from getting stiff. All my work around the house is in the summer. It's winter in Florida no snow to shovel..:loll:
 
Hi All - as @mbrown said, try the Paleo diet. I had not lost a pound since my now 26-year old was born (and certainly gained quite a few!) My neurologist before my lumbar fusion in 4/15 suggested I look into it. 35 lbs. later.... Just went back on more carefully (yup, got a little careless last year) to deal with a couple of errant lbs and most of those are now off and I am ready to take it down to the next level!

You mentioned feeling like one leg was longer. I felt that way after my hips were replaced. But get this, one leg is bigger than the other! I remember my OS being surprised when lefty was done that he needed a size larger implant. And I have always noticed that that leg/knee seems "taller" when I sit with knees bent. I recently measured all the way up and down and lefty truly is from .5" to 1.5" bigger wherever you measure! Can only think is got stronger while my right hip was so much worse than left and same with knees.
 
Yes that's diet I was on was called the Atkins diet. Both are similar high fat low carbs. I walked 200 yards plus today but I am paying for it now pain in my knee and ankle.
 
Sorry about the pain @rightsidelimper - hope it has dissipated by now. 200 yards is a milestone. When I go out walking and hiking, I still smile as I pass each of my "milestones" - the end of the driveway (@ 20 feet!), the intersection, the light, the church up the hill, etc. Just keep with the icing, elevating, and meds!! It will improve.
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom