Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

Ok I found out why I am still limping and have a lot of pain. I had a bone scan and the report said that my knee had came loose from the bone.:banghead:now I got to get a revision. :bawl:I got to see a revision specialist, my doctor has turned me over to him. Oh well I am back to square one.:beg:And its only been 2 yrs my bad.
 
I found out why I am still limping and have a lot of pain. I had a bone scan and the report said that my knee had came loose from the bone.
Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that. A revision is usually a really good fix, but who wants to go through that again? What kind of symptoms have you been having and when did they start? I started having pain about 6 months ago, especially during nighttime sleep. I am concerned that I also have a loose implant. I went to see my OS, but saw only the PA. She said my xrays were fine. Isn't that what most of them say?!
 
sisterinhim I always had a limp even one year after my tkr. and it always would give away. my doctor said it was a strenght problem. But the pain got so bad when I got up I couldn't put any weight on it. So when I took the xray everything looked good . But you got to get a bone scan to find out if its loose or not. So I am waiting to see the revision specialist.:bawl:
 
A revision specialist is good next step. He or she will look at your knee with fresh eyes and have experience in problem knees.
 
When do you see the revisionist? Please let us know what is going on with you. I wish you the best.
 
I don’t know yet hopefully this week, I have to get it approved. My left knee is giving me problems now.
 
@sistersinhim ok I got my surgery date. Its march 11, Surgeon says it should come out good. he says it would only take a couple hours and 2 days in the hospital if things go well. This is my third time on this knee. Thanks for the prayers.
 
What surgery are you having? I know you were looking for a revisionist.
 
Thank you. We will add that you your signature for you. I pray everything goes well.
 
@rightsidelimper - I wish you every success with your revision surgery and a very quick recovery! You deserve some luck after your long ordeal. I’ll be watching the posts about your progress closely. I sympathize because I’ve had pain every day since I had RTKR surgery more than two years ago. I had a long and difficult recovery, including a lot of painful PT, but I don’t “have my life back” as promised. My surgeon keeps saying my xrays look fine and I should lose weight, keep exercising to strengthen my leg muscles, and keep going to physio. But my pain has recently worsened, mostly towards the outside of my knee, and I’m worried that my implant has loosened too. I have a lot of clicking and tearing velcro sounds when I sit down and stand up (painfully!) Did you have those symptoms or only pain and instability? This is such a frustrating situation, isn’t it? I was led to believe a knee replacement would be pain free long before now, and my mobility would be restored. But my knee feels worse than it ever did when I “just” had arthritis. Now my other knee needs to be replaced, but I’m not rushing into that until my first leg gets better...if it ever does. All the best.
 
@Knees4Me its been 2 yrs for you. everyone is different, but you should be better by now. try to get a bone scan, that will tell you if it have came loose. I hope this revision will come out successful. This is my third operation on the same knee. I had pain when I got up off a chair. I could never walk that far. all my friend tkr was successful they could walk 2 miles a day. when I get out my truck I can just make it in my house. Going shopping with my wife was awful. two stores and I was crying to get back home. My left knee is giving me trouble but it will have to wait until later. until I cant stand it any more. Ask your doctor for a bone scan. My knee would buckle a lot. I was loosing my balance too. I would get tired a lot, I also need to loose about 30 lbs. Its hard when you cant move around.
 
Wow good luck with your revision.. the Drs always said one year.. they don't really tell us all the trutht. I am at 14 months pain on the outside is awful, still, swelling, and limping. I hope this surgery will help your pain and give you the knee you were Hoping to have

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
 
Yes.. takes a few steps to walk normal

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
 
Keep us posted on how you are doing

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom