Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

@NightQuilter Thanks for the encouragement. Pain is gone and his brother tightness has set in. But everyday is getting better and better..
The only thing is that limp of mine is just like a bad check it keeps coming back. Talking about milestones yesterday I drove 56 miles round trip.that was my Frist time going over 6 miles. This week is my 10th week :egypdance: I can't wait until week 12.
 
Pretty cool! Yes, that 3-month mark will be a great one to reach and reflect back on how far you have come!!
 
Well I am 14 weeks out not to much pain and my leg is either slipping or giving away when I walk. I do pt twice a week and tomorrow I Am going to try walking one half of a mile. I am icing in the morning and every night for about a hour each time. Swelling is down some but still have a little especially if I do to much the day before. I still limp sometime but I am trying to train myself not to.
 
Since your knee is still giving out sometimes and since you still have an occasional limp, you should still be using a walking stick. It's insurance against a fall and it will help you to walk without limping.
 
:yes!: Thanks for updating us!
 
Wonderful news! That's what we like to hear!
 
I have some pain after I get up from sitting down most of the time. My knee become very stiff and hurt about the first six steps I take. Anyone else got these symptoms.
 
Let me @Josephine for you. She will probably ask you some questions. When you answer them, she'll be better able to help you.
 
ok thanks how have you been doing, its been quite a while since I been here but I remember you.
 
@rightsidelimper....you'll notice that I've merged your latest posts with your original recovery thread. When Jo comes to check on you, she'll likely need to review your history since you are so far out from your surgery. Since you're still talking about your Right TKR, please keep questions and updates in this recovery thread so we have all the information about you close at hand.
 
I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
Here y'go then!

It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are ....

1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?

3. how swollen is your leg compared to these?
[Bonesmart.org] Almost three years post op and some pain


4. what is your ROM - that's flexion (bend) and extension (straightness)

5. are you icing your knee at all? If so, how often and for how long?

6. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?

7. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and

8. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)

Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.

Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
 
1. I have pain only when I get up after sitting for a while, my knee is stiff and painful about a 3 after the first 6 steps then I am pain free.

2. no pain meds

3. my leg is slightly swollen only because I had a dvt in it 20 yrs ago.

4. no problem bending my leg

5. I don't ice at all its been about 2 yrs since I had surgery

6. nope I don't elevate my leg.

7. my activity level is good no problem walking just the first 6 steps is painful after sitting.

8. I don't do any exercise at home

9. I don't to any pt home.
 
Okay. Nothing much for you to say - nothing much for me to say!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom