Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

@KarriB I am doing leg raisers sitting off bed and walking in place. Leg have went down a lot but knee is still swollen. Pt is real good he know my case . He is not rushing anything. He said I have to be careful. The doc took out half of my stiches, going to take out the rest of them next wednesday. Thanks for the info KarriB. I can always count on you.:thankyou: this setback has challenge my mental and physical aspects but you are always there to lift my spirit and a few others thank you too. This road is long and bumpy but those on the wayside can encourage you.
 
Thank you for your kind words.

Keep that leg elevated as much as possible, that should be the majority of your day right now. I wouldn't do any walking in place, the walking you do in daily living is enough. I did leg raises laying on the bed and lifting my leg from there, so the bed gave my leg support. Try that instead of the leg hanging off the side of the bed.
 
Hey @rightsidelimper - catching up - you've been through it , haven't you. So glad the new PT understands the no pain rule. Glad the leg is looking better, despite the swelling at the knee. As others have said, keep it iced and elevated, that will help the fluids drain through there which will help reduce the swelling. You've had your share of construction done in a tight area, but it will get better. We are all here rooting for you.
 
@NightQuilter thanks , yes it's been kinda tough. Yesterday pain meds made me kinda sick. Didn't take them for 24hrs the biggest mistake I made yet. Pain shot out the roof. Today I am 2 weeks post op. It's been a hell of a ride.:yikes:
 
I found that taking the anti-motion pills with my Oxy diminished my nausea quite a bit. You can buy the generic form from may stores. Maybe these would help that sick feeling. You need to eat protein, also. That stays in the tummy longer and helps with that nausea.
 
Call your OS office for something for nausea. There is Zofran which is taken by mouth. There are also patches that can be worn behind the ear, (scopalamine). Also make sure you are taking something for constipation because for me that would also make me feel a little sick.
 
I am drinking 100 calorie muscle milks(protien shake pre packaged) between meals seem to help, read that where here on the forum

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Feel better today. Pain pills give me light headache. Make me lazy and sleepy. My nurse just left ,said everything was looking good. I am icing, elevating and resting today.only a small amount of pt. I am doing it the bonesmart way.:yes: looking for the light at the end of that tunnel :beg:my apertite is not good at all I eat a lot of protein and take vitamins everday.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You and your knee have been through such a lot. You both deserve lots of rest and gentle treatment.
Ankle pumps while in bed and just walking around the house are all the exercise you need right now.

If the nausea persists, do take newlybionic's advice, and phone your surgeon for some anti-nausea medication, like Zofran - it worked wonders for me.

Also, make sure that you eat something (maybe a cracker?) before taking your pain meds - taking them on an empty stomach increases the likelihood of nausea. Your appetite will improve slowly.
 
Glad the pain is somewhat diminished - just take it easy. I guess you learned the hard way to follow the Bonesmart mantra - especially the one about staying up with the meds. Hope the Zofran or something similar helps. Two things I found great for constipation - the warm "P" juices and cold Coconut water with pineapple first thing in the morning. The "P' juices are hot pineapple, pear, and/or peach juice any time of day. And if you've not tried coconut water, it is really refreshing and does not taste like coconut (if that's an issue for you).
 
Don't worry about feeling sleepy and lazy. That's exactly how you should be feeling after your last adventure. Giving that knee lots of rest and elevation is all you need to do now. I know how hard it can be to do that, but it's really what the knee needs.
 
Wow, I just discovered your Forum! It is great to know,that someone so close like computer could share their conditions. I am schedule my 1st right knee operation for January 7th, 2017. I am home alone, but my surgeon is not allowed me to go to Rehab. center after the operation. He said, that if I go to Rehab., he will not do my operation at all. He wants me to go home after the operation. Any thoughts on this subject: what it is better for recovery -Home or Rehab. Any response will be appreciated . Thanks, still waiting for operation.
 
@Starnyc we would love to respond and help you, but this is rightsidelimper's thread and want to stay focused on his recovery. Please start your own thread on the pre-op side, you'll have many members offering advice and encouragement. If you need help go up to the help & info tab on the toolbar. I'll look for your thread.
 
When I say 2 more weeks I mean I should be getting ready to start walking with the cane. I am icing right now hoping the swelling will go down, I know this is a long road and I got to go where ever this recovery take me I thank you all for your concern and information. If it wasn't for this great group of bonesmarters I wouldn't be as far as I am now.:thankyou:you are the greatest. Today was a good day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good days are a huge blessing. And as time goes on, you'll be having more and more of those!
 
Anyone had foot and ankle problems after their tkr. My ankle hurts and my foot is kinda numb. I took it easy over the weekend. My leg has regain it's strength. I can do leg raises now. The inside part of my foot is kinda numb up to my big toe:elevate:
 
Yes, I did go through the numbness and ache in the ankle and foot. I think it's because we are walking differently with our new knees. It goes away after a while. Those quads are firing! You go girl!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom