Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

Oh no. So sorry about that. You'd think I could read by now! You go boy! :loll:
 
Of your shoes/sneakers show any sign of uneven wear that could also cause problems. You could also be lacing shoes up too tightly right now because the lower part of your leg could have some swelling too.
 
Going to os today to get rest of staples removed. I had the post op blues this morning. Pt came by and said my rom is about 100. That lift my spirit. Walking on the cane now. Leg still tight and sometimes painful.
 
It's tight from swelling, so be sure to elevate and ice when you get back from the OS.
 
You are doing so well, taking it slow and easy for the first month pays off big time later in recovery.
 
Post op blues!!!!!! Boy did I have those! I felt totally discouraged, scared, that I had made a mistake getting TKR. That went away in time. Look forward, you have been through hell by the sound of your thread! Im just over 3 months post op, feel positive now, pain is not an issue, still a little swelling that is relative to how much I do. Wish I had found this site pre op!!!!! Trust me, I will do things differently from now on and leading up to the next knee replacement. Thank goodness for this site


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Yes the blues is something that take your little world and turn it upside down. I can't walk to far without pain. Pt said the end of next week will be better. Well off to see os.
well back from the os, he said every thing look good cya in a month.today was a good day at the very end. I walk for at least 20 min. Now I am on ice for 20-40 min. Taking it easy until mon when pt get here. Now I will elevate ice and rest until monday.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you are getting good news RSL (rightsidelimper!) with good rom at one month, walking longer, OS report! Keep with it ... it all does get better, as often as the blues may hit. Frankly, those mat also be medicine induced, at least in part. I remember having really bad days when I would just hole myself up in the family room with my legs up on the wall and read and cry all day. Have never once regretted having the surgery though! Keep it up and hope you have a wonderful weekend.
 
@NightQuilter Thank you. My days are always cut in half. I took anxiety meds for over 20 years . I quit by using the step down method, and I read a book call mood cure Julia Ross is the author. I have come out the pits of hell so those post op blues can do nothing but strengthen me. Everyone who have had this operation said its the best thing they could have ever done. And friends like you,karrib,celle,josephine,and the rest of my bonesmart family no matter how long it takes you are always there to cheer me on. You all are :angel:in my life. When my knee split it was a very low point in my life but everyone came and lifted me up. So :thankyou: and God bless.

,
 
Thank God, it sounds like you are on the recovery path! You have been through so much. I'd been a basket case, but you are hanging in there very well!
 
So happy to hear things are looking good. It can be a long recovery, but worth it in the end.
 
@KarriB I have nothing but time my friend. As long as you and the bonesmart family keep encouraging me, and I can read from this forum. I believe I will make it. I just read sisters in him recovery thread. It was very impressive.
 
Someone is usually here, but we truly want to help everyone through their recovery. Reading recovery threads can be very encouraging. I just wish I had known about BoneSmart during my recovery. I was about 17 months out when I found it.
 
Grats on your 4 week mark @rightsidelimper - i noticed small but significant improvements at that point - pain reduced a little and I started sleeping a little more and had fewer teary days. Keep on keeping on x

Cait
LTKR
27th October 2016

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
 
You have been through some of the hardest period of recovery. You are doing well.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom