Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

I'm very sorry your kneecap has shifted. Best wishes for the surgery.
Do let us know how you get on.
 
I'm sorry to hear that you are facing additional surgery. My prayers are with you.:console2:
 
Well its over.doc said every thing came out just fine.knee was pushed by a hemotoa he restiched it and I back to basics. Day one and on the road again.:hog:
 
I'm glad it was nothing more serious than a haematoma. That could well have been caused by your PT pushing on your knee. If you have any PT after this, tell the therapist not to touch your knee at all.

Meanwhile, rest well, and continue to ice and elevate, and take your pain medications on schedule.
 
Celle is right, a good PT doesn't need to push or be aggressive with your therapy. If you go back to this therapist please set ground rules from the beginning. In the meanwhile, rest, ice, elevate, medicate, in a few days this surgery won't seem as painful as the TKR.
 
It's good to hear that it was only a hematoma and your OS was able to take care of it so quickly. Stay away from that PT. Hopefully your OS let's his patients know to stay away from that PT office.
 
Well I am leaving the hospital today for the second time. The os said I had a split patella he fixed it
 
Have a safe journey home and enjoy being in your own place again.
Rest, ice, elevate, medicate on time, and be kind to that poor knee.
 
@Celle my knee feel like a big knot. I am 6 feet 3 inches tall . I rode home and it felt like that knee was put on backwards......:loll:I am lost, just taking one day at a time. But I will follow the bonesmart way? My knee is so tight right now .my rom is probably is awful.​
 
Don't worry about your ROM one little bit right now. As far as that goes, consider that your knee is back to Day One after the first surgery. At the moment, the poor thing is swollen and sore and it just wants to rest and recover. It's probably feeling just as fed up as you are.

So, treat your knee and yourself as gently as possible. Spend lots and lots of time resting, icing, elevating and medicating on time. The only exercise you need to do is ankle pumps and walking to and from the bathroom. That is plenty until your knee starts to feel a bit better.

ROM will come, as your knee heals and the swelling goes down. Don't let anyone hassle you about it now. You've still got a year to achieve ROM, so there's no need to rush.
 
Yep, exactly what Celle said! I had a second knee surgery a month after TKR and I did have to go back to day one. Rest,elevate, ice, medicate, repeat and see how it feels after a week or so. I know it is discouraging to o feel you're back to GO again, but there's no other way around it.
 
Yes I know it. And I will continue to do what I have to do to get back to life. Better now than 3 weeks from now.pt and nurse coming by tomorrow.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom