Revision TKR Almost three years post op and some pain

Need to start on exercises today . Pt must have left me 15 of them. I am tired just looking at them all
I strongly suggest you don't do any of them! You're only 5 days out! I don't recommend any exercises until 3 weeks out at the earliest. In fact, to go further, I recommend you don't do any at all ! I never did any for either knee and ended up with pretty good outcomes both times.
I recommend you read my recovery thread to see how little exercising I did for either knee! Knee recoveries UK style Parts I & II (Josephine)

If I walk to the bathroom I am totally exhausted
Of course you are - as I said (and you know better than me!) you are a mere 5 days out so the Energy drain for TKRs is in full force! Did you not read the articles Celle left for you earlier?
 
Well got up ate breakfast, got back in bed. Got up walk around some. Leg is tight. Got Pt tomorrow,but bandage need changing again.I hope everything is OK inside. I can feel knee rubbing inside when I move it.
 
Really that's about all you should be doing right now, walking around the house and ankle pumps. If the PT has you doing something that hurts stop immediately. I only did heel slides and stretches in rehab the first week, along with pesty straight leg lifts.
 
The knee may feel weird for a while.
 
The knee may feel weird for a while.
Mine does 5 weeks out. Its stable but clicky. I think I have to get used to it thats all.. Not hurty.. I remember right in the hospital the knee felt alien like a blob!
 
They told me at PT that you go through a clunky stage but it improves as the swelling goes down. I am in the clunky stage now at 4 weeks


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Yes it is clunky lennie. My leg feel a little better today waiting on my nurse and pt.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey rightside - soon you will no longer be a limper! Found your pre-op thread then went searching for your post-op. Glad you are doing well. The fatigue and clunkiness will be a part of your world for the next couple of weeks, but it does get better! Just keep with the mantra - rest, ice, elevate, and stay on schedule with the meds. Good luck!
 
Thanks nightquilter one week post op tommorrow. I want to do some Christmas shopping. Its been a long time without limping.
 
KarriB I think you are right, just a figure of my imagination. Next year this time I will have two new knees :egypdance:
 
I had a knee replacement in early December one year. I did all my Christmas shopping on line and it worked well. I had a restful, peaceful Christmas.
 
I will have peaceful Thanksgiving and Christmas Celle. I am glad I found this forum,it's been a blessing. Everyone here have been so nice. Today is one week post op for me. :chillpill:
 
Jo will answer when she's here again, but it's very normal to have warm knee for a few months or as long as your knee is healing. Stiffness is a form of pain and is very normal at this early stage of recovery also. This article is included in the packet left for you a few posts back. It'll explain why your knee is stiff and what you can do for it.

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/swollen-and-stiff-knee-what-causes-it.13813/
 
Well I got badnews my knee cap shifted to the right. Now I got surgery tomorrow. I am in the emergency room waiting to be admitted:beg:
 
How does the surgeon think this happened? I hope surgery goes well.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom