Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you manage to keep the nausea at bay.....if the saltines stop working perhaps you could try tuna :th_heehee:

Keep resting and icing for the swelling.
 
Ya Lisa, Ill look right into the tuna:loll:
Just had home PT and Ive got the same therapist as last time, hes great. Still impressing him too!:thumb:

Still keeping the nausea at bay but of course major problems in the #2 department. Eating fruits and such, taken Sennakot , now on to the milk of magnesia:sigh: If that doesnt work, Ill move onto prunes..:sick:
 
They gave me warm prune juice in the hospital which worked. The nurse said it had to be warm to work. Yum.
 
Glad to see that you are doing so well - keep it up!!
xoxox,
Linda
 
I'd go for the prunes anyway......won't do any harm. Whereas the trouble caused by constipation can be horrendous.:rolleyespink:

Sounds like you're doing great - well done.
 
:dancy:Im home!!

Arrived 5 am and left at 3pm. It was easier this time, knowing what to expect.

I feel wonderful, just some swelling and using tons of ice.

Wow - just caught up with your thread again. I'm so impressed that your Dream Team can turn around THR patients in just 10 hours! It's almost unbelievable but now there are 2 of you (with Jetlag) I gotta believe it.

It sounds as though you are progressing brilliantly with no real post op problems.

Well done.

I expect to be in at least 3 days when I get my second on 1st Feb :eek:
 
Hope your doing well today Haldox!

I have to share this one...the poop thing was probably the most traumatic painful thing for me to experience yes that's comparing it to the surgery itself! Thank goodness it was just one time then all was ok. I ended up using a generic CVS brand of a stool softener seemed to work not using anymore.
 
4 days post op and still doing good. A little bit of relief last night in the #2 dept but not enough, so I've been drinking warm prune juice.........:sigh:

Took a shower by myself last night, only needed hubby to wash my feet:th_heehee:

I will be left on my own tomorrow and most likely will sleep the whole time:thumb:Well except when PT is here.

I just noticed today that my back does not hurt at all, not even any stiffness. Most likely just the pain relievers helping but I still hold on to the thought that when this hip is all said and done, my back will treat me well.
 
Haldox - You and Jetlag have the most amazing OS. It really is incredible that you are in and out in one day. I'm glad you're feeling well, except for the #2 thing. Speaking as someone that does not ever have issues with that it was awful to experience!! I hope that warm (cringe) prune juice does its job for you!
 
I just noticed today that my back does not hurt at all, not even any stiffness. Most likely just the pain relievers helping but I still hold on to the thought that when this hip is all said and done, my back will treat me well.

Oh man - fingers crossed for you Haldox! Could be the meds but since you were limping I am sure some of it is the shiny new hip!

Hope you are getting some rest!
 
Hi Haldox,

I hope that today goes well for you with your resting & PT visit.

If your husband has time and is any good in the kitchen here is a recipe that helped me during the constipation phase of recuperation, broken link removed: https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10052&catalogId=10002&productId=347707. It is warm, tasty & has a nice fiber content/effect. :thumb:

Wonderful news that your back is feeling good!

Take care,
Cardie
 
Cardie, that chili sounds yummy!

Not home alone today, my son is home sick-throat,stomach,headache. I do not feel well myself. There is a slight feeling of being run down after surgery, but this feels twice as bad. So no PT today,rescheduled for tomorrow.
 
Oh, one more thing that helped for constipation: Miralax. You can get it at Walgreen's. It's a strange substance that dissolves completely in water and is mostly tasteless. Miralax, prune juice and Colace (docusate)--those red pills they give you at the hospital--was my cocktail for about 10 days. Bleh.
 
Happy to report I finally got things sorted and I feel so much better!!

This week has went by so fast. Still getting used to the thought of having 2 new hips!Back problems gone still!
 
Whooot! Whooot!!!!! Great news!!!!
 
Hang in there Haldox! G;ad you are feeling better.
 
10 days already..Im soo glad I had this THR now instead of waiting to the very painful end, recovery is going so much smoother this time. I am only taking aspirin,senna,prilosec and norco -mainly before PT.

Swelling is going down wonderfully, a little bit of bruising left and the incision itches like theres no tomorrow! Still no back pain!!!

Ive read a few BoneSmarties posts asking how long to wait before having their second THR. My advice would be to not wait too long, catch it before the pain is horrible and your limping all over the place. My first THR went well enough but I had lots of soft tissue damage and referred pain to other joints, which did make recovery a little more work.

This time around I feel a lot more comfortable in the recovery phase, not so much more of my body to get back into shape. :thumb:
 
Thanks for the advice Haldox...I've been thinking the same thing after reading your thread. Sorry I haven't posted on it as I've really been under the weather for awhile myself.

Seriously though, thanks. And I wish you comtinued good health and good luck in your recovery. Keep up the great work :thumb:!
 
Great advice Haldox! So glad #2 is going smoothly for you!
 
Glad to hear #2 is going well...and by #2 I mean your #2 hip...and not the OTHER #2 that you mention!

My #1 hip is is 1 day older than your #2...and I can appreciate the prune juice comments. It's not bad...but perhaps it would go down easier in my favorite Pub Glass! :beer2:

Z
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom