Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Arnica several times and I am always amazed how fast it works! Give it a try Haldox.
 
Hope that Arnica cream does the business for you haldox it doesn't look very healthy, take care.

Billy
 
I never got the Arnica , so Ive just been dealing with it, not too bad now though.

Some increase in energy lately and of course I abused it yesterday! Ya ya I know, I should know better but sometimes impatience wins.

Been walking for a few days, around the house, mainly without my cane. Lots of concentration to keep my gait right, also heel toe chant aplenty!

Have not needed any Norco since Monday before PT, occasionally taken tylenol. No real pain but having some discomfort in the R side SI joint, thinking that its just readjusting to my new hip.

R leg feels a little longer but I have noticed that feeling has been slowly decreasing.

Monday is first post op OS appt and totally excited to see my pair!!!!
 
Hi Haldox

Just catching up again - I leave BoneSmart for a few days and there are 4 pages of new postings. I must keep up with the flow!

It sounds as though you are doing pretty well. It still amazes me that you can get away with only 10 hours in hospital.

I expect the ankle bruising is calming down a bit now. I know I had worse bruising in my lower leg and foot than I did in my thigh. I also had a large blister on my heel that I just couldn't understand. I sometimes wonder what actually happens on the table while you're under, but I guess it's better not to know the gory details!

I think you are well over the worst now and on your way to a full recovery and full mobility again without pain. That's gonna be such a good place to get to! :yes 4:

Best wishes

Roger
 
Had 2 week check up today!

Sad news-no xrays this time, gotta wait until the 6 week mark.:sigh:

Great news-All is good-2 stitches removed,restrictions lifted, ordered outpatient therapy and told the only thing I need my cane for is clunking my husband upside the head if need be. :loll:

But Dr Berger did instruct my husband that Im still excluded from cooking,washing dishes and especially NO laundry. Also gave him the advice that shopping is good for the hip!!!:th_heehee::wink1:

I asked Dr Berger about my R leg feeling longer. He had actually explained to my husband post op that my R leg was shorter and he had to give it some length!Husband forgot that important detail.:DOH::hairpulling: So it seems I should be good once I get these soft tissues back in order.

Again I am in awe and overly thankful for this wonderful surgery!!
 
Great follow up visit Haldox!

Love your restrictions to all housework type of jobs hehehehehe! Plus the cane comment.....nice weapon!

Wishing you continued healing..

xxooxx
 
Great report, hon!!! You are definitely on your way!
 
Haldox,
Congratulations on the glowing follow-up report! So sorry tho about the housework restrictions - too bad your husband gets to have all the fun for a while... those are 6 month restrictions, right?
 
Great news-All is good-2 stitches removed,restrictions lifted, ordered outpatient therapy and told the only thing I need my cane for is clunking my husband upside the head if need be. :loll:

But Dr Berger did instruct my husband that Im still excluded from cooking,washing dishes and especially NO laundry. Also gave him the advice that shopping is good for the hip!!!:th_heehee::wink1:

Can I just say that I really like your surgeon? :th_heehee: Great to hear that your post-op checkup went so smoothly Haldox!
 
Ideal OS - shopping therapy prescribed! :yes 4: Can't believe it's all done and dusted. Two shiny new hips! So glad you are doing well Haldox!
 
Thanks everyone!

Usually the OS isnt like that. Hes mostly right to the point and out, he mustve had a good day.

The Bactrim is doing a number on my stomach, very,very nauseous!! Just took a Zofran, see if it helps.

Oh ya, I slept on my side first time last night!! It only lasted a few hours at a time though, even with a pillow between my legs the soreness,pulling would wake me up and Id have to flip to my back. It was like heaven!
 
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wcjwu_o9khc" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Video when we arrived home after RTHR.

Please excuse my husbands "french" at the end. :blush:
 
roflmaooooo I think I also saw god coming through the window!

Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone either, it was just a cute thing to saw with the sunlight!

Haldox you are moving so well! Your turn around recovery time is pretty miraculous!

Thanks for sharing!

xxooxx
 
Haldox great movie doing absolutly fine you will be running around in no time :wink1:
 
Thanks Sarah and Billy. I was doing the "wedding march" gait though.:biggrin:


<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/twzEFNi7jRs" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Here to bore you all again. Day 18!

This time my DD took the video, so no foul language.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom