Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Haladox,

Nice to hear that your recovery is going well and that you have found a good balance with your meds & senna! I also took Norco and found that eventually I could split the tablet and only take half prior to transitioning to OTC pain meds.

Norco seemed to be great for the pain issues but really put my digestive tract to sleep... :sleep:

Glad that your back is feeling good & hope the itchy incision settles down.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hi Haldox

You go girl sounds like you are doing great<just be careful and do the sensible things.
Take care Haldox

Billy
 
Z-I actually did mix my prune juice with some apple juice. I know apple probably isnt the best to drink with constipation but I also didnt want to end up throwing up the prune juice. *yuck*
 
Hiya Haldox

So pleased about your lack of back pain and a good report on hip #2, very good news xx
 
Heading to the doctor this morning. Low grade fever, runny nose,cough-thinking sinus infection. Feel like pooey.

Also Ive been searching all morning to find a good massage for the bottom of the foot. I've got a nasty pulling cramp at the arch of my R foot:DOH:. Dont have a tennis ball handy so I grabbed a Lysol can to roll my foot on but its only temporary relief.

Anyone got an idea for self massage???Cant break the 90 rule yet to reach the bottom myself:scratch:
 
Golf Ball?

I could probably use the edge of a hardwood stair or even the threshold into my shower...

Z
 
Thanks Z..but also dont have a golf ball handy either. Will try the edge of something though...let ya know!
 
Do you want me to fire one accross all the way from scotland Four och just use the cats scratchboard. :th_heehee:

Billy
 
Diagnosed with sinus infection, given antibiotics.

Found out why I have that evil cramp in my foot. Took off my TED and found nasty bruises running from inner calf down to ankle and into my arch! I should grab a pic(that is when someone is around to take it), very interesting!
 
Hi Haldox,

Sorry about your sinus infection that's yucky! Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and you feel better.

Odd with your bruising maybe it was knocked during the surgery moving you? Maybe not it's been a few days. Hope it's not hurting!

all the best!

Sarah
 
Dont think these pics due it justice.

I spoke to OS nurse and she said very normal. She said it will feel like I have a sprained ankle for a few days and to treat it like so.

[Edit by Jo - here's your piccy titivated!]
[Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    0118121619(2).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 167
  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    0118121854.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 182
Yikes Haldox,

Do you have any ideas how you did this? What an odd place too,you must have knocked it or do you think it's all related to your hip, hang is it the same side as your new hip. I'm going batty tonight sorry!

Ouch!!
 
Hi Haldox,
After a year "off" from Bonesmart, I'm back and am delighted to see that you're a step ahead of me again, and have had your 2nd hip-op already!! (My 2nd's coming up at the end of next week).

Sorry to read about your bruising, but you can bet it's an after-effect of your surgery.....along with the swelling etc. Don't forget that the blood thinners don't do anything to stop bruising, either LOL

Good to "see" you again, and I'll look forward to following your progress.
Cheers,
~Phillippa
 
Hi Haldox,

Sorry to hear about your sinus infection, but the antibiotics should fix that "toot sweet'

Have you heard about Arnica cream for your bruising - it is brilliant if you can get some..

Hope you feel better soon. xx
 
Zoinks -- those are some bruises! I hope that your foot is feeling better and that your ankle bruise fades soon. If you are still looking for something to roll under your foot -- maybe the handle of a broom or your cane.

Hope the sinus infection will be short-lived too now that you have some meds for it.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Thanks JO! I dont have any pic editing programs on this laptop and again the pic was taken with my cellphone.

Philippa!! Great to hear from you. how are you and how has the new R hip been treating you?! Very exciting your LTHR is coming up, I hope you havent suffered too much pain with this one. I know I am very happy with both shiny new hips and I hope you will be too!

Sandy- I have never heard of Arnica but did some quick Googling and it sounds great and looks to be easily available here in the US.

I have graduated in home PT today!!:biggrin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom