Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Billy..I completely agree!!:wink1:

Ambulatory called and my surgery is 7:15 am , arriving at 5:15 am. We will have to leave home around 3 am:hate-shocked:

Very happy its first thing in the morning but wishing we didnt live so far away:rolleyespink:

Im actually kind of excited now..keeping the thought that after recovery I will finally be able to return to my "old" self. Thank goodness we only have 2 hips:thumb:
 
Very best wishes for tomorrow. At least this time you have some idea what it will be like afterwards and that the discomfort of the next few days will be so worth it for the benefits over the next many years.

I've got my second in 3 weeks so will be watching your progress with great interest.

Good luck.

Roger
 
Thanks guys!!

Alrighty, this is the last post from the pre op side of things. I dont have a smart phone so whenever I get comfortable at home tomorrow, I will pull out the laptop and rattle away about the post op side of things. I am first in the line up,nurse said that will be getting me through pretty quick!

Now just to be able to fall asleep.....:skeptical:
 
Hi haldox

Good luck for number two hip - I will be following your progress closely... I was part of the October Feisties before being cancelled, so feel close to you right now...

Big hugs xx
 
Good luck! Can't wait to hear how you are! They say getting #2 done is like having a 2nd kid--not some much to worry about since you sort of know what to expect.
 
All the best Haldox. See you on the other side!
 
Haldox -

Disregard that e-mail request - I figured out how to attach a photo. Hope all goes great for you today.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    Rush.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 176
:dancy:Im home!! Thanks all!!
Everything went awesome, love Rush and my OS(which i will now call them the Dream Team).everyone at rush was so great, from the nurses, surgical team and even the guy who pushed my wheelchair when discharged.

Arrived 5 am and left at 3pm. It was easier this time, knowing what to expect.

I feel wonderful, just some swelling and using tons of ice.

can walk on my own pretty good, no limp but they want me to use cane while on heavier meds.

it is so nice to be rid of that pain again:yay:
 
YO Haldox !! I like your description of The Dream Team. I have great respect for all of them also - so greatfull that I learned about them from a colleague at work. Keep taking that Oxy and Narco as needed, and keep the rest of us posted on your progress. Glad that you liked the photo.
 
When I was in recovery, they started moving things to the new building....getting ready for you on the 10th!!!!:dancy:

I was talking to a nurse about the awards they have won 3 times in a row. She explained to me that the latest award was for their data on how temperature control in the OR(room and patient) keeps infections at bay.:scratch:
 
So glad you had such a positive experience so far - I hope it keeps up - congratulations!!!
xoxox,
Linda
 
OMG your already home Haldox - I'm speechless I thought only Kevin had special operating privileges meaning because he flies he can run in and out for his new hips! This is so clever.....I do hope you are resting though that part still sounded important in your recovery! This is fabulous news...congratulations.

xxooxx

PS guessing no Morphine pump for you uh! Hahahahaha
 
Way to go Haldox :yahoo:! But remember, you did just have major surgery! Don't over do it and rest up. Good for you if you don't need much pain meds, but do keep on top of the pain. You know the rest so I won't preach. Congratulations Haldox!
 
Wow...congratulations on your LAST new hip!!! Long may it rule! Hope to hear more of your recovery soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom