Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its been going pretty good after using the TENS(havent used it since yesterday morning), minimal discomfort in left leg , nothing to take pain meds for!
 
:loll:I just gotta laugh here. So of course the leg problem settled but guess who wants to take over?! The lower back again. It just has to keep me on my toes !!TENS here I come(again)
 
Those gremlins just won't give you any peace, will they!!! Sorry to hear the back pain has returned. Can you do some gentle stretches on your back in addition to the TENS? It might help.
 
I did the IT band stretches differently than your video. I did the standing IT band stretch like here. If I didnt feel a good enough stretch after awhile I would slide the leg that is behind even further while bending the knee and holding onto something, keeping back straight.

This is great! I hadn't seen this way of doing it and it gives a great stretch.

**adds to workout list **
 
I don't know how you guys are able to do that IT band stretch! I get no movement in my operated hip when I try to push it out -- it is just locked straight. It's a good stretch for my side, but I don't know how to get my hip/leg to stretch to impact the IT band...

Cardie
 
9 days until pre op class and all the pre op tests!!! 32 days till RTHR!!

So now my left leg has chilled out , lower back isnt has bad but the R hip and referred pain in the R knee is not letting me forget about it! I get the soft tissue irritation in the hip area but the worse is that arthritic ache deep in the hip and buttocks. Wanna massage it but cant get to it LOL and my glutes have turned Jello-y again!
 
The countdown begins (drum roll)! Poor you - guess you can't really enjoy that new hip fully until you have a pair.

Not long now! 2012 will be your year!
 
Hi haldox, so sorry to hear you're having so much pain and hope that it's soon resolved for you. You would recommend a TENS machine then? Sounds like a good present for Christmas!
Take care
Anne
 
Hi Haldox,

Good news that your back has settled down and the left hip as well. Do you get any relief from anti-inflammatories for the soft tissue discomfort on the right side? I hope you can get some relief for the deep ache until your new hip gets installed. I found it helpful to do flexing and releasing of my buttock muscles at times when I'd get that nauseating pain before surgery -- often when I was sitting, or driving. The flexing will also help your jello-y glutes come back to life after the surgery, that was one of my pre-op and post-op exercise recommendations by the OS.

Good luck with all your pre-op appointments!
Take care,
Cardie
 
Hi Haldox

It won't be long now and you can see the finishing line, good luck on the 6th January.

Billy
 
Bee, Yes a TENS is most recommended:thumb:

Cardie-I do the buttock flexing while sitting or standing quite a bit but sometimes its hard to use those muscles. Feels like they arent flexing right, if that makes sense.
 
Yes, that does make sense and is something that I've experienced before and after surgery too. I hope yours will feel and flex better after your next surgery...

Take care,
Cardie
 
Thanks Cardie.

Well yesterdays pre op excursions almost went without a hitch. Again I couldnt donate my blood, iron too low. So I have to up my iron tablets.

I did manage to get a copy of my Xray of my R hip and compared it to the xray of the hips a year ago. I think I can see a difference in the shape of the ball, tell me what you think.

Just seems so fast to me...

First pic is from 2010 , second is from 2011
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    Rhip 9-2010.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 179
  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    Rhip 10-2011.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 202
Oh Haldox - that looks painful! Certainly time to get er done!

Glad your pre-op went well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom