Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you have a date scheduled!!! Here's hoping you can keep the pain at bay for the next few months. We're here for you!!!
 
I still have both sets of TED's LOL Yes there are quite evil but I guess I also see them as a little bump in the road that is recovery from a life returning surgery!!

Had a very long weekend(2 hour drive there, 2 hours home -repeated on Sunday). Soccer tournaments for my daughter, 1 game Saturday, 2 games Sunday. Her team went undefeated for the season and undefeated for the tournament!!!!!! Brought home 2 trophies!!!:yes 4:

Anyways I made it through all that pretty well, keeping up with the 2 aleve's 2 x daily and also throw in some extra strength tylenol about every 4-6 hours.

The most annoying thing now is with my back. The muscle spasms have been evil, from hip to neck on one side. My husband does a certain massage on the muscles that spasm and it is about immediate relief lasting for an hour or so.
 
Know that one - osteopath/chirpractor could sort that out I should think - worked for me. Plus, you did have a very long weekend!! I did the longest walk so far since my op yesterday and needed ten hours sleep!
 
Sorry you are suffering the spasms bit Haldox. I know them well. The good news is they will decrease but it just takes time.

Lucky you to have an in-house massager!
 
I did ceremoniously burn the stockings though!

I often read complaints about the TED stockings here on the forum. I did not have those, my doctor follows a different protocol for DVT in low risk patients. I shared this on the pre-op side in case others wanted to inquire about it with their docs.

broken link removed: https://www.mcsmed.com/activecare_sft_2.html

I had no blood thinner medications other than aspirin 2Xs daily and wearing the ActiveCare leg wraps 23 of 24 hours daily for 14 days. They are not unbearably tight and do not require much assistance in terms of their use.

This was one of the protocol changes that actually made me feel a bit more comfortable about having the surgery. I had been averse to taking prescription blood thinner medications. Haldox, maybe this is something that you could use for your next hip surgery?

Take care,
Cardie
 
Yes, I had to take aspirin as well. I will for surely be asking about the wraps when I go for pre op testing.

My husband sees a PT 2x weekly for his back, so what hes gets done there he brings home to help me LOL Right now the only thing keeping me sane about the back is knowing once this other hip is done my back will be pain free again.

I really had no LLD feelings post op but within the last month my right leg has felt shorter. Crazy how fast my body is trying to protect that right hip and then putting everything else out of whack!

Hmm, not quite sure if I should be posting in the pre op side or stay here??:scratch::loll:
 
I'm pleased to hear that you don't have to wait too long for #2. You will be having yours done on my first anniversary date.

Not that I don't think you should be posting on this side at all, but I think that such a positive story as yours would be really helpful to those who are pre op. You could be the 'team leader' for January if there isn't one already, one who's been there before. :biggrin:

Your story will help others whichever side you are posting:thumb:
 
well, you've certainly been through it woman, but it looks like there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel. I think it's fantastic that you've had a dream recovery with your first hip, the next one will be a breeze too.

Thank God your little girl just needed a lift in the shoe, that had to ease your mind considerably!

you take good care of yourself and have the hubby keep up the massages to keep you in tip top shape for the surgery!

Much love!
 
It's okay to stay here for the second hip, Haldox. It won't be that much longer and you'll have TWO new hips to be proud of.
 
Question: Wondering how to go about putting a video up, without having to start up an account, say on YouTube, can it just be posted in a thread??

I have a short video of myself post op walking with the PT just a few hours after surgery. It was taken with a cellphone and its sideway but yet Im proud of it LOL
 
You really need to upload it to the internet via YouTube. Sorry.
 
Hmm ok then, I will have to think about that LOL I just thought it might also be encouraging for pre op members.
 
It certainly would! Are you uncomfortable about using YouTube then?
 
That would be a great idea. I have seen so many encouraging videos of success stories. I play them a lot to keep the dream alive :)

Time will fly by to # 2 - my thoughts are with you :)
 
OK I uploaded the video to YouTube. Excuse the "backside" view and the HUGE backside(I cant believe how swollen it is:skeptical:) LOL Also excuse the look of having major surgery and being on some good pain killers :rolleyespink::snork:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fhrkeWQgCLk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>


I was extra thirsty so we took a water break!After that we headed to master the stairs.

Sorry pictures are out of sequence but:

The first picture is the OT standing me up for the first time after being taught how to dress and how to even stand up.

Next is waiting for the PT and its also a cute pic:biggrin:

Third picture is right after getting into my recovery room and I was starving so husband is feeding me peaches

Lastly is the BEST Turkey sandwich I had ever eaten:snork: I was sooo hungry and thirsty post op.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    100_1173.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 203
  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    100_1175.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 210
  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    100_1169.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 197
  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    100_1170.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 226
Dont know why I havent posted the above before, I guess Im just reminiscing since RTHR is only a few months away.

Yes, I was still using a crutch because I was still limping quite a bit, didnt feel confident in the new hip just yet. Plus I had been NWB for about a month pre op using 2 crutches, so I guess maybe also a security blanket for me.

Oh and the wonderful bear in the picture is Gordon, husband got it for me at the gift shop while I was in surgery.
 
WOW Haldox - you look terrific! For just a couple of hours after surgery you are moving very smoothly - Thanks for sharing this very inspiring video with us :)
 
Haldox, great vid and pictures. Thanks so much for posting!

You look fantastic - not druggy at all. I am sure this will really help others who are playing the waiting game.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom