Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! Im hoping someone will feel inspired by the above. I am also trying to get psyched up for #2 LOL
 
Great video haldox you seemed to be coping fine and sure you will be a novice when you go in next year for the other hip.
When and if I go in next year there will be no mug shots of my bahookie.:th_heehee:
 
I've come bearing a whine this morning...MY back is killing me!! Laying in bed last night I got the weirdest feeling from half way down my back,right side next to the spine down into both sides of my sacrum into my bahookie(thanks for that Forbesy)!!! Im guessing it was a nerve but I have never felt this before.

So I spent last night tossing and turning, think I got maybe 5hrs sleep in between. I had taken 2 Aleves and 1 Tylenol before bed even.

No nerve pain this morning but very, very stiff in my lower back. I walk like Im 90!

GRRR...but I guess something positive out of this is that my Rhip hasnt been hurting since my back has started complaining more, hip pain is almost totally gone:scratch::sigh:
 
Have you ever had sciatic problems Haldox? Sounds like the nerve might be aggravated. Trying icing the area and if that doen't work heat might also help.

Can you pull your knees into your chest? Sometimes that stretch helps my sciatic pain.

Take care! Hope this is just a one off incident.
 
I've got a theory that a body (mind) can only focus on one pain at once. :skeptical:

When I had my lower back pain (before the spinal decompression) that was all I could feel.

Once that was fixed the right hip became the focus of all pain, and now that is fixed, all I can feel is the left hip giving me grief. :sigh:

I must admit I am very stiff in the lower back, though. I can't get within about 12" of touching my toes! :th_heehee:

With luck your back pain will go again as quickly as it appeared - you probably strained it gently yesterday without noticing it at the time.
 
You know, one Tyenol is worse than useless! If you are going to take tablets, you need a working dose which is 1,000mgs.

But I agree with Jaycey, sounds like you have an aggravated nerve there.
 
Fantastic video, with only 8 days to my surgery date, I really was comforted by you sharing this with us pre and post op folk - thank you !

Sorry about your back pain.
 
Jaycey-I have had Sciatic pain before, all the way down my leg, but this felt completely different. I did try curling up in a ball too, usually my first response to lower back pain, but I didnt grab ice!!:DOH:We'll see how it goes tonight.

Jo-so I can take 2 Aleve and 2 Tylenols at one time??? I usually take 2 Aleve 2xdaily then 1 Tylenol about every 4 hours.

Smja-Im very happy that my video gave you some comfort:yay:Glad my big ol' bahookie didnt scare ya :th_heehee:
 
I sincerely hope so, haldox, else I am in BIG trouble!

Seriously - of course you can. When I worked in recovery, for day patients who needed pain relief but not morphine as they were going home, we would give them 30mg codeine, 50mg diclofenac (NSAID) and 1,000mg paracetamol (Tylenol). I then started using that cocktail for my migraines and it worked a treat. I've been a fan of it ever since.
 
Thanks JO!! I guess Im not a big fan of any pain relievers, I used to not take them unless something was really, really bad(which I would still only take 1 tylenol or 1 ibuprofen) but now I feel all I do is pop pain pills.
 
Hi haldox

So sorry you are suffering such pain. I can so relate to your statement about not being used to taking pain Meds. I had to come off all pain cover six weeks ago prior to my surgery due to the NSAIDs causing chronic kidney disease. I will never be able to take that class of drugs again. I am hopeful that my kidneys are going to slowly recover to a degree.

My surgery is 8 Nov so am just trying to stay as calm as possible. If you are interested in my journey have a look at my thread/s.

Take care xx
 
Haldox, just checking to see how your back pain is today. Hope things are easing for you!
 
Thanks guys. I cheated last night and took a half of my husbands Tramadol, which would be 25mg. I slept pretty good , no weird nerve pain but again very, very stiff. Sometimes I can feel/hear a grinding in my lower back. Dont know whats worse , the feeling or actually hearing your spine grind!

I wonder if it was getting adjusted Friday at the chiro that caused the aggravation.

I have Spondylolisthesis and can feel by touching where one vertebrae slips in and makes the one above it feel like it sticks out. It was actually pretty minimal during the good months post THR until my Rhip started complaining. I continually tell myself to have patience and know that post RTHR my back will be better.

Smja- I will definitely check out your journey.
 
I wonder if it was getting adjusted Friday at the chiro that caused the aggravation.
.

Hi Haldox,

You may be on to something with your theory about the adjustment contributing to some of the back stuff you were feeling the other day. I find that often 2 days out from my adjustment I'll be sore and have to track back trying to figure out what the reason might be. We get so out of wack with our lopsided walking that when we get put back into position things rebel...

My husband also has Spondylolisthesis and that contributes to hip pain for him as well as back pain -- no fun. Is that what has lead to your needing to have replacement surgeries?

Good idea on the Tramadol!! Certainly not a cheat in my book.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Cmac-I have never been given an exact idea why I need the THRs. My OS has told me possible dysplasia but no definite diagnosis.

When I had my 1yr check up and Rhip examined they told me that possibly the hips contributed to the arthritis in my lower back but then again my back could just be the way it is regardless.

Its just one of those things where your here , dont really know how but you just know you need to do what needs to be done.
 
I wonder if it was getting adjusted Friday at the chiro that caused the aggravation.

Well Haldox, I too have Spondy and I can not have chiropractic at all. The aggressive adjustments just aggravated my back big time.

Everyone is different on this. There are those who swear by chiro but I just couldn't bear it.

What I found was an osteopath. The adjustments are very similar to chiro but very gentle. I was having major back pain post THR and the osteo really did help. I took several months but it did work for me.

Just a thought. So sorry you have to suffer with this!
 
Thanks Jaycey. I havent really had a problem with the chiro but have never tried an osteopath, would have to look into that.

Im just aggravated because I had a good 6 months post op with no back pain and now since the R hip started up it throws my back out of whack. I sure didnt miss this one bit!

I did a no-no today and went shopping in a pair of boots with a heel on them. HA-that really got my R hip complaining too! Guess Im stuck with my gym shoes for awhile.
 
Haldox, I do want you to be careful with the amount of Aleve you are taking at one time. If you read the label, you'll see that it advises two pills only when you start taking them and ONE pill every 12 hours after that. Aleve is and NSAID just like Advil, Motrin and aspirin and, as such, can cause stomach problems. It's an anti-inflammant and it's really the Tylenol that treats the pain when you take the two together.

Also, be sure that the Tylenol you're taking every 4 hours is Extra Strength (500mg per tablet). You are allowed 4 doses of the 1000mg of Tylenol in a 24-hour period, so you'll have to figure out the best schedule for yourself so that you don't take any more than a total of 4,000 mg in a 24-hour period.

Your video is great and I know it will be helpful for folks to see how well you did. Thanks for posting it!
 
Awesome video and pics! Did you have minamally invasive or what? Must be anterior approach? You look great! I'm sure your next one will go equally as well :thumb: thanks for sharing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom