Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Haldox, just catching up on everyone...

That is some exercise routine, awesome, so pleased that it feels good, that means it is right for you, fantastic.

Thanks for popping by on my thread :) xxxxxxx
 
Haldox.....You have officially made me feel lazy after reading your work out schedule....oh my goodness! I'm not going to be able to be a baby this week now knowing you with two hips do this much. That's an amazing list....

Sorry youve been down with a cold, that's icky! I'm sure with all that is going on with your surgeries, your husband everything has to catch up and create a low resistance.

Is there a time frame for his recovery or is it a day by day situation?

Happy Sunday!

Don't forget to be good to yourself!

xxooxx
 
I must clarify that this routine is 3Xweekly, not everyday! The only thing I do everyday is the stretches.


Sarah-Yes its more of a day to day right now with his wound but in actuality he will always be recovering from these burns. After the scar tissue fills in he has to keep up with the massage/stretches to loosen up the scar tissue and then deals with the nerves that will grow into it(then he also needs the stretches to keep his muscles proper so it doesnt lock up his spine from the pain)
 
Haldox...thanks for clarifying hahahaha I still haven't done that much in weeks funny! I think it's excellent you can do all this especially with two new hips.

Hopefully your husband journey will get easier sooner than later! I've always had a soft spot for burn patients and the parents of st Jude's children's hospital, hope this comes across ok in the post....the children at st Jude's inspire me because of their happiness and strength I feel for the parents to see this going on. Burn patients I just remember during my long time stay in hospital for my car wreck a burn nurse would temp on our Ortho floor and would explain the process involved with burns, very tough! Keeps everything in perspective seriously.

He's lucky he has you as a partner...visa versa to take care of each other.

Lots of love,

Sarah

PS plus you feed him well hehehehehehe!!
 
PT today-increased bike to level 3 and now am up to 37.5lb on the quad/hamstring equipment. I also did a full set of leg extension w/weight without irritating my Piriformis!! :yahoo:I feel great!!!

We leave soon for hubby's appt with his OS, I think he'll be happy with the progress:thumb:
 
Wow Haldox what excellent progress and what an exercise routine! When I compare it to what I was given. - nothing - it amazes me how diverse opinions are on what best aids our recoveries. So glad that your husband is making progress. - you make quite a team.
Very best wishes
Anne x :biggrin:
 
Thank you Anne-how have you been????

In 12 days the wound vac has closed up an inch all around his wound.
So now it measures 8X3.5 inches. :yes 4: Also still no infection!!!!
OS says he believes in a couple more weeks there will be no more need for the wound vac. Very good news:thumb:
 
Hi Haldox,

So happy for the good news for both you and your hubby. It's always great when things are going in the direction of healing instead of the other way.

Great job with the PT, very inspiring since my OS wants me to try outpatient PT to see if I can get strong enough to return to work.

Take care.
 
Hey Haldox,

That's great news about your husbands wound!

Watch out here comes some wicked fun humor, meant in a super nice way....your my hero. Snicker bars and sex 2.5 weeks after your hip surgery. You really are superwoman :)

xxooxx
 
Great job, you must be so happy to have both behind you and to be making such steady progress! Congrats!!
 
I've been ok thanks Haldox. That is amazing progress with the wound vac you must be so pleased. You can see from the posts how delighted we all are for you
Xxx
 
Hi Haldox, just stopping by to say this is the first time I've read your thread all the way through. What a trooper you are, and your hubby too! It's great that you have each other to care for. I'm awed by what some people on Bonesmart have to go through and they (and that includes you) still come up smiling. As for that exercise routine, well I had to sit down for a little while after reading it! Makes my forays into the gym for a little ladylike recumbent biking etc seem like a toddle round the kindergarten. Well done!
 
Hello Anne - you here too? Things have changed at Gobowen since your and my THRs - I was given CD's about the surgery and how to rehabilitate, and will be given a set of exercises afterwards too. A bit redundant now (cos we've learnt it all from Bonesmart, haven't we?) but at least they're getting it together.
 
You guys never fail to make me giggle. Thanks, I needed it!

Wish I could say things are still on the up and up but I believe we have taken a few steps back.

WARNING: LONG POST

Tuesday morning my hubby was seen by the Infirmary doc and was told he most likely has Staph in a huge boil just a few inches below his wound and 2 more smaller boils just left of his wound. So blood tests taken and he was put on an antiobiotic pill and ointment.

That night we end up in the ER as the biggest boil has gotten twice has big, now bigger than the size of a golf ball!

First ER we visit was extremely overloaded, there was a major accident just a few hours before we arrived. Anyone living around the Chicagoland area probably heard about the 4 officers that were out jogging that night and were ran down by a vehicle-driver took off! 1 woman died, others life lined to Chicago hospitals.

Second ER was almost as bad but we finally get in to see a doc. They take blood samples and lance his boil to take a culture, was told most likely to be MRSA(culture wont come back for 48 hrs) and we can treat it at home. Finally hitting the hay around 4.30am.

So starts the Universal Precautions here at home, LOTS of hand washing, sanitizing,etc.

Culture not back until Friday and hubby goes back to Infirmary doc to get results. Positive for MRSA and it was resistent to the antibiotic he was taken so he is given 2 different pills,Bactroban cream for the nostrils and to continue with the Bactroban ointment on the boils,which I am to apply 3Xdaily.

We are lucky that since his big wound has a wound vac it is believed to keep the infection from that area. So far it has not spread. Boils have shrunk and we just keep hoping this is just a little bump in the road.

Amongst this I become ill and also needed to visit a doc to get on antibiotics, not too sure if sinus infection, strep throat but antibiotics have been working for the better. Still a little ran down though.
 
Haldox,

Here's hoping all gets better soon. Will be praying your hubby's mrsa responds and that his wound keeps healing.

And you feel better soon too...lots of rest, those sinus infections/strep can be nasty.
 
Just drop by to say Hi. time does fly by doesn't it. Good to hear so much time has passed and having more good than bad. I know sometimes it doesn't seem that full recovery will come but it does so please continue and keep us the good work. I didn't have time to read all your posts because i have been under the weather but i did want to know its good that I can read your posts when i am having a bad day and get inspired and keep going. Please take care and remember as each day passes we gee one day closer to getting to ful recovery. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:loll:
 
Haldox -

Boy you sure have a lot on your plate right now. Sending positive vibes your way (and your husband's way) over the internet. Wishing you both well.
 
Nasty stuff that MRSA! Hope the antibiotics are working. You be sure and take your meds as well Haldox. You don't need both of you infected - especially since you are a new hippie.

Take care! Please keep us updated!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom