Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not mismatched Haldox - fashionably different! :th_heehee: Let us know how it goes Monday.
 
Drum roll please.....:dancy:

[Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!


My fashionably different pair!!!

Really they arent too different though...

I love them!!:biggrin:


OS said everything looks really great and he'll see me in a year. Also my LLD is about 1/8 of an inch:yes 4:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    my pair 2-27-12.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 129
WooooooooHooooooooo those look great!!!

Congratulations Im sure your super happy right now, i think your amazing having both hips done Haldox! Is the star on the right hand side from jeans? It looks cute :)

Hope your hubby is doing well!

xxooxx
 
Wow! Everything looks great and our bodies are not mirror images on both sides so your new hips should fit right in! Does your OS think the LLD will even out or is it at a point where it doesn't bother you? All the best.
 
They look pretty good to me.

You've got me wondering now whether I've got a matched pair or will be fashionably different. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.
 
Thank you everyone!!

Sarah-Thank you for asking. My husband is doing as good as he can for the situation, it can be quite painful at times.

The star is from my yoga pants, didnt wear jeans to appt because then I would've had to change into their "not so flattering" one size fits all blue paper shorts:th_heehee: Just a lot easier going in the lazy day clothes

I told the OS I still feel a tiny bit "off" on R side but I still have some tight areas, to which he replied that the tightness will also contribute to that "long" feeling and soon enough it will not be a problem!! I am actually walking wonderfully these days.

Roger I would very much like to know how your pair is:thumb:
 
So glad to see how well you are doing! Hope your husband has an easier time of things soon..
xoxo,
Linda
 
Looking at my spine/tailbone comparing xrays from pre op 1st THR and the xrays I got yesterday and notice a little less curve!! It is a small difference and Im no medical professional but I really believe these THRs are really going to help get my spine back in order:thumb:
 
That is awesome news. Having new hips may help our body mechanics in all sorts of wonderful ways!
 
Awesome Haldox!!! Your x-ray looks great and I bet your OS is right on about those sensations that you're having settling down in time -- your right hip is still just a baby.

Great report :thumb:
Take care,
Cardie
 
Haldox, that is so great about your tailbone straightening out! I saw the exact same issue on my pre-op x-rays so I'm looking forward to seeing what my next set shows. Did you have any issues with your SI joint before you did your first hip? Mine would flare up on the right side from time to time but has been great since the surgery.
 
Jen-I had issues all over before my 1st THR, for about 3 yrs we all thought it was just my spine giving me trouble and hip was referred pain! So ya, SI joint on L side gave me grief but I didnt have any SI discomfort with my R side until post RTHR.

I can still feel some adjusting but that is only a mild discomfort here and there.

Its just amazing what a new set of hips can do:biggrin:
 
Wow Haldox, well done! Just another reminder of how amazing this surgery really is! :thumb:
 
Hey there looks good !! Glad that you are getting some relief for your spine after these procedures. Your and my LLD is about the same - I'm getting more forgetful about it each week - hopefully in a few more months we won't notice it all.
 
Are you sending me snickers soon!! Hehehehehe sorry struck me funny :)

The one size fits all shorts at the dr's office is horrible! Ive only been once to my OS since my surgery and your right in the yoga pants they let you stay in them :). I go back later this month!

Just checking in to see how you and of course how is your hubby doing?

Hope weekend is going well,

xxooxx
 
:th_heehee: Snickers:th_heehee:

Thank you sweet Sarah for asking!

My hubby's patience is wearing very thin, sick of being attached but other than that its been going well. We have seen some progress in the WoundVac healing!!Go back to OS tomorrow for check up.

Im feeling blah, been down with a cold for a couple days now, hoping tomorrow I will wake up feeling anew.

Yesterday was 2 months:biggrin: Hips are doing wonderfully and I barely notice LLD any more. Hubby says Im like the Terminator from waist down :th_heehee:

Im so very thankful for both my new hips and for all the wonderful people of BoneSmart!!:yahoo:

I was adding the new exercises PT gave me to my list at home and decided I would also post all of them here. :rolleyespink:

Physical Therapy exercises

Stretches:

IT band stretch 3X30 seconds

Quad stretch 3X30(also lean back for more stretch)

Standing hamstring stretch with stool 3X30

Knee hugs 3X30

Number 4 stretch 3X30

Standing bilateral heel rise 30 times

Exercises:

Standing knee flexion with 2 lb weight 3o times

Standing abduction with 2 lb weight 30 times

Standing hip flexion with 2 lb weight 30 times

Hip extension with 2 lb weight 10 times(slowly getting back into it because of Piriformis)

Squats with ball against wall 30 times

Standing foam cushion 3X30

Lateral step up forward 30 times
backward 30 times
sideways 30 times

Gym exercises:

5 min bike level 2

Leg press 45lb 30 times

Sitting leg curls 25 lb 30 times

Sitting abductor 25 lb 30 times
adductor 25 lb 30 times


(Sorry cant remember technical terms)
Standing quads 35 lbs 30 times
hamstring 35 lbs 30 times
 
Haldox....that photo is purty, purty, PURTY!!!

That's quite a list of exercises. Just be sure all that activity isn't giving you any pain. If that happens, just scale it back for a while.
 
Thank you Jamie!

The only thing that gave me pain was the hip extension,gave it a little break and slowly adding it in. I always feel great leaving PT.Also the therapists wont let you push yourself to pain :thumb:
 
It sounds like you are doing just right for YOU, then. Go to it!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom