THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haldox honey,

A very big congratulations on your three month anniversary, how good is that!

I have followed your progress. You are doing amazingly well!

Aren't these new hips ( or hip one in my case, so far) a blessing!

And so energetic chasing the dogs... Well done honey xoxoxoxoxoxxox
 
Haldox....what a great report!!! Thanks so much for providing an update. It made my day.
 
Haldox - Congrats on your successes at 3 months !! I share many of them (except the jogging). Did lots of lifting & yard work yesterday - used to have back pain also but that's GONE.

Hope things are improving for Mr. Haldox as well.
 
Haldox,

You sound like you are doing AWESOME! Keep up all that great activity.

And your msg was slightly premature, in the 5 days you have left before it is REALLY 3 months who knows what you might be doing?!?!?!? (kickboxing, bungee jumping, shark wrestling..):th_heehee:

well done!

Z
 
Wonderful update Haldox! So happy for you. Please don't forget us - we love hearing the successes!
 
Just catching up with your progress and it sounds like you're doing great! I'm so pleased for you :biggrin:
 
Haldox

Aren't you doing well nice to hear things are tickity boo and just take things easy.

Billy
 
Thanks everyone!!

Jaycey- How could I EVER forget you guys! This will always be my 2nd family..Once a BoneSmartie, always a BoneSmartie:thumb:

HomeschoolingMom-Thank you!! That has made my day to hear that I have helped making it seem less of a horrible prognosis having a 2nd THR.


Kevin-thanks for asking! He is feeling much better, not so run down from the infection. MRSA did reach his wound but the boils are just about gone. He is still on antibiotics,wound vac and they will be doing another culture today. Crossing fingers for an all clear result!!

Z- I was actually counting down by Fridays/weeks not days. Dont know about starting any of those activities just yet(shark wrestling would never be in my bucket list tho :th_heehee: , kickboxing was an old hobby of mine-BTDT) but Im thinking of trying out Zumba this week ....finally LOL
 
Hi Haldox,

Congratulations on yr 3 month anniversary wooooHoooo!!

I'm glad you are doing so well it also sounds like hubby and your children are doing well too. That's the best news!

Sending lots of love and good wishes,

Xxooxx
 
Well I tried out Zumba yesterday(at home DVD),I suck at it LOL but it seemed my L hip didnt like it! Im not sure if it was the actually joint or tissues around but doing the hip twisting,booty work it was very uncooperative. Not so much pain but uncomfortable, maybe even some popping in there :what:

R hip was just fine though.
 
Haldox, I just read your 3-month update. Congrats!!!!!:yay:

With regard to Zumba, do you have more range of motion in your right hip in general? Can you do hip rolls comfortably?
 
Thanks Jen! Right now I have pretty good ROM in L hip but R hip not far behind. It was more like pushing the L hip out in the left direction, so no,hip rolls not too comfortable.
 
Well if Zumba was a new activity for you then I would say you were bound to feel something! Rest and try again another day maybe at a slower rate?
 
Yep new activity. Which I would be completely fine with just some aches/pains from new activity but the L hip felt weird while Zumba-ing, something I've never felt before. Kinda surprised me!
 
The muscles on that side may still be weak Haldox. If you had that popping sensation I'll bet things still need a bit of tightening around that new joint. I had that for quite awhile post-op but now don't notice it at all.
 
Thanks Jaycey- makes sense:thumb: I will just take it easy for a bit while Zumba-ing until that popping stops.

But then I got a little aggravated at learning the moves with Zumba that I thought maybe I would just go back to Tae-bo. I did that for years before my first hip got too bad , so getting back into it would be a lot easier than learning new moves:biggrin::th_heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom