Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I understanding it right that your husband's burns are infection free now? If so that is great news Haldox! Hopefully this next surgery will finally put him on the track to permanent healing.

Did the PT give you an exercise to replace the standing hip extension or is s/he having you back off that area entirely? Too bad about the lack of massage. Have you ever tried self-massage with a rubber ball or foam roller? Pre-surgery I would sit on one or the other and roll my butt back and forth to work out the tightness.I'm dying to do that for my quads but it's too early (says the PT).
 
Yes I believe so, the plastic surgeon said he isnt worried about it right now as long as nothing changes(:prayer1:), they sent out a culture on Thursday.
No she didnt give any replacement exercises, just back off for now. I did grab a tennis ball(originally intended for our dog:th_heehee:)and rolled around on it,it does help some.
 
Hi haldox, glad to hear that your husband's burns may be getting a bit better - a step in the right direction at least.

Shame about the shoes but you know it's for the best :biggrin:
 
Happy to hear that things are looking up a bit :biggrin: Happy shoe shopping. Hoping that your husband is feeling better.
 
Little update: My husband will be having surgery tomorrow morning. Im sure all will go well, he handles surgeries pretty darn good(and his surgeon is great!) but I will have to remember to keep a few dollars on hand- He is always STARVING in the recovery room and wants Snicker bars:th_heehee:

I was actually able to get my R ankle to my L knee to get some stretches in at PT today:yes 4:Still have quite a ways to go but its progress.

Again thank you everyone for the lovely well wishes for my husband and myself. :friends:
 
Hi Haldox,

Thanks for all the support you give to everyone, you have the gift of encouragement...thank you for sharing it with all of us. Prayers to you and your hubby for tomorrow.
 
Haldix
So happy tI hear things are looking up with your husband! That's great news. Good job on getting that ankle up on your knee:) I'm still trying but it will happen.
Dee
 
Haldox, will be thinking about you and hubby and wishing you both well!!
 
Hi Haldox.....

Sending lots of good wishes and love to you and your hubby! Just reading the word snickers just makes my heart pitter patter "darn diets" hehehehehe!

You sound so well, and congratulations on getting your leg that high WoooHooo!

Have a good day tomorrow!

xxooxx
 
Sending you and hubby positive (((((((((vibes)))))))) for tomorrow. Stock up on those Snickers bars now!
 
Hi all-surgery went well :yay:I bought him 2 Snickers which he wanted right away and he also ate a turkey sandwich!!:rolleyespink:

Here is a pic of the wound vac on...

The area they worked on is not all the way to the tubing, just in the middle. If you notice on the top left side of his back there is another one of his scars from his 3rd degree burns that they had to fix the first time around.

Oh and I found out today(while in surgery waiting room) I can now cross my R leg. It was one of those things you just do and think "Whoa I just did that" :biggrin:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!
    2 22 12 after debridement.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 196
Great news Haldox,

Glad everything went well. Did he come home or does he have to stay overnight?

WOW on the crossing legs, Im impressed :)

PS - You know I'm on this diet plan right now...all day today I've thought about snicker bars its like I can taste them seriously...its not funny hahahaha!! I'll treat myself soon.

xxooxx
 
Sorry Sarah, didnt mean to get the craving going! I agree though, Im sure you deserve a treat!

He is at home, we were outta there in just a few hours post op.
 
So glad all went well for you and your hubby today. He was probably inspired to do well in surgery to get to those waiting snickers bars! Happy healing to both of you.
 
:yay: Glad things went well Haldox! And crossing your legs - a biggie! I couldn't do that until I was over 12 out! Well done!
 
7 weeks today :dancy:

I am scheduled for 6 week check up Monday and I AM NOT missing it this time. The suspense of seeing my "mismatched" hardware together is killing me :th_heehee:
 
Only a minority of us will know that you have a mismatched pair. The rest of the world will think your hips are perfect !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom