Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Haldox

Sorry to hear about the hubbies setback fingers crossed this is a small blip and hope you are well to.

Billy
 
Hi Haldox

So sorry to hear about hubbies MRSA and your infection. What a dreadful time you are both having! My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Do take care of yourself, it is easy for your immune system to get run down.

Lots off love and big hugs xoxoxoxox
 
Hi Haldox so sorry to hear of your setback and do hope things improve soon. Everything crossed for you

Anne x
 
Hi Haldox,

Hope your Sunday is going well. Sorry on your news with the infection, what a long journey I cannot even imagine what you are both going through right now, i really hope this is the only set back and your hubby can recover completely and quickly too.

Be good to yourself too, this time of year is bad for those sinus infections, also hope this is getting better.

Hope your week goes well!

In my thoughts...xxoooxx
 
Haldox, you have my prayers and good wishes for a quick return to normal in your life. Gee, what challenges you have going on!!! Hang in there...we'll be here for you.
 
I am thinking of you and your husband, Haldox, and hoping that everything is going a bit better each day.

Hugs to you both,
Cardie
 
Thank you all sooo much!!!

Hubby's boil still decreasing along with his wound!(Keep those prayers and positive vibes coming!!) I'd say it is about 1/2 the size since the surgery!! Still no infection in wound.

My 7yo son is sick now, most likely a viral infection. Seems to be better this evening, so crossing fingers for normal tomorrow.

They werent kidding saying this year was gonna be bad for stuff since having such a mild winter, even mosquitoes out already.

PT increased all weight machines by 5 lbs on MOnday , also up to level 5 on bike but this is my last week:sigh:

I just cant wait for everyone to be better so we can do our normal family things -walks, bike rides,games,etc. Im itching to really get both my shiny new hips back into the swing of things!!

I can literally run around here like a chicken with its head cut off taking care of everything/everybody and not miss a beat with my wonderful hardware!

I dont know what I will do when everything returns too normal-I'll go stir crazy:rolleyespink:But I will look back and think how much stronger we have become overcoming all this.
 
What a wonderful outlook and attitude you have! Prayers and well wishes to you and your family. Hopefully we'll all be looking back on this over time and seeing it was just a little blip in our lives... all the best.
 
Hi Haldox,

Thats better news with your hubby! Yes now and will always be sending good vibes for him to recover quickly.

Yikes with your son now, sorry...sorry...sorry when it rains it pours.

Love the part though how you are running around taking care of everything and loving your new hips YESSSSSS!!!

The weather is so weird, then again it has been this way for a few years we've now bounced back to close to the 80's yuck! This isnt my favorite time right now because those nasty thunder storms start flaring up with tornado warnings.

Hurry Haldox clan and all get better now...please!!

xxooxx
 
Today I graduated(again LOL) from PT!! Tomorrow is 10 weeks post RTHR:yahoo:

Son is back to normal and hubby hasnt got any worse, so hopefully we'll continue upwards from here on out.

So after Pt this morning I ran to a resale shop a friend of mine owns, looked around and did some chatting for about an hour. Came home did my everyday vacuuming(very hairy dog lives here:th_heehee:) and the rest of the daily upkeep.Watched the movie Snipers(Billy Zane:thumb:, Tom Berenger), brushed the very hairy dog,helped do some spring cleaning in the garage(donated some gently used kids bikes they have outgrown), started priming/painting window sills/trim in sons bedroom,helped son with homework,cooked up some homemade chicken noodle soup,beer bread and brownies:biggrin:. Finally the evening clean up, kids showers,story reading,hubby's boil cream and bandage.

Its been nonstop today but I feel ALIVE again, this is how it used to be pre-bad-hip days. :yes 4:Sometimes I get all sappy about how wonderful I believe THR is- I truly LOVE my hardware!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank everyone here for being such wonderful people. Its always so nice not to feel alone in going through things and no matter what you guys are always here!

Thank You all:friends:
 
Oh Haldox,

You are a love to all of us and I am beyond happy for you! (and your hubby and family). What you wrote is an inspiration to all of us that we will get there and will get our lives back fully...thank you!
 
Aww thanks :blush:

Hi Danni, how are you?!?!

Its not just about feeling the pain but also the energy that is lost. Energy is not lost anymore:biggrin:

Had a busy weekend. Spent Saturday doing things with the kids. WE visited Fair Oaks Farms for son's Boy Scout outing(had some excellent ice cream and brought home some cheeses!!) and then headed out that late afternoon to have a dinner picnic and walk around broken link removed: https://www.lakecountyparks.com/parks/buckley_homestead.html. It was a beautiful day!

Sunday followed with daughter's indoor soccer game(they won!!) and then some shopping.
 
YoooooHooooo Haldox!

Love you had a good weekend and busy too! I also love my new hip, just the new sense of freedom is soooooo refreshing!!

Sounds like everyone is well.

Have a good week!

xxooxx
 
Hey everyone! Just reporting on my 3 month RTHR anniversary!! :thumb:

New hip is doing just great, I've got tons of flexibility back in R leg now. Lost the LLD sensation completely.

Energy levels are fantastic! I can work all day in the yard(live out in the country and it took 3 full days to clean up all the leaves) and still have no problems taking care of housework, kids, dinners,etc! Theres been no stopping me:th_heehee: Even did a little jogging with the doggie the other day!!

Still no back pain, its amazing-all the years I lived with back pain before I even knew my 1st hip was bad and now hardly a peep from it(other than a little stiffness in morning)

Again Im in awe and thankful everyday to have my life back. I couldnt imagine how my life would be right now without THR(and really dont want to LOL)

Thank you BoneSmarties for always being here and really I couldnt imagine going through all this without you guys either!
 
That is truly wonderful to hear Haldox. You are so young to have needed to have both hips replaced and to know how marvellous you now feel is heart warming. You really deserve to feel so good. Long may the happy times continue for you.
Best wishes
Anne xxx
 
Fantastic to hear how well you're doing... jogging .... that's amazing:thumb:
I'm so pleased you've "got your life back" .....that's what it's all about.
Onwards and upwards babe...:yay:

Love

Charlie x
 
Congratulations! When I first saw OS about my right hip, he enlightened me to the fact my left is not in super shape either. Reading your whole thread has made me far less fearful of facing another THR in my future. Thank you for keeping us posted!

Homeschooling Mom
R THR 2-20-12
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom