Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates: I couldnt make it to my 6 week check up(sorry no mismatched xrays today!), my 7yo son has Strep:frown:

My hubbys culture came back and it was positive for Staph:cry4:They cut away more skin today.

He has an appt Thursday with the plastic surgeon who first treated him after the accident. My next appt with the OS was supposed to be Thursday too,1/2 hour apart, but Im thinking about rescheduling so I can go with my husband.
 
Oh haldox, you really have a lot on your plate :friends:. I am so impressed by how you always manage to stay so upbeat and sweet in your posts even with everything going on.

Hugs to your son. I remember my bouts with strep when I was younger and always hated that "raw" feeling in my throat.

Hopefully the original surgeon can give your husband some insight into what is going on and what can be done. I hope things start to improve because you guys really deserve a break.
 
Oh Man you DO have a lot going on right now - hat's off to you for handling the stress so well. Good luck to your husband and his healing.

If you end up going to OS this Thurs, look for us in the waiting room - my appt is at 11:15.
 
Hi Haldox

Sorry to hear about the problems with your boy and husband, hopefully things will improve quickly and you can focus on your recovery.

Billy
 
Hang in there Haldox! Whew - you have so much to deal with these days.

Your comment about tilted pelvis hit home to me. I am certain I have the same issues. But over time things have eased. Just takes LOTS of time.

Do keep us updated on you and your hubby!
 
Thanks everyone!!

Happy Valentines Day to all you wonderful BoneSmarties:wubroses:

I have been walking better last few days, not hiking up my pelvis as much. I am experiencing adjusting all the way down to my foot on R leg!! Also I believe my L leg is getting used to the new gait. So far Im good on no back issues but Im waiting for its turn:biggrin:

I believe its my turn-not feeling well since late last night, believe Im coming down with something. Very,very tired.
 
Hope you and your man can forget all the problems and have a nice day Haldox.

Billy
 
Aw Haldox, with all you are going through no wonder you need some down time. Hope you are hubby can have some quality time today.

Take care!
 
Yes, we have had a nice evening so far, we had homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade dinner rolls. Kids have been sharing their Vday candy :th_heehee:and my hubby bought me a very nice wine opener and Tulips:biggrin:

I wont speak of what I got my hubby for later:secretaea::wink1:
 
Homemade chicken noodle soup - just what the doctor ordered! Sounds yummy!
 
Just catching up on the forum and dropping in to say hi. Sounds like you have a lot going on (((((hugs)))))
 
HA-I am now experiencing the lovely "pain in the butt syndrome", also hitting the sciatic nerve:rolleyespink:!! Doing the normal things to help with it and using the TENS. Think someone passed it along:skeptical: :biggrin:

Tomorrow Im definitely having my PT do something for it though, hopefully a massage.
 
Thursday morning went to PT, explained the Piriformis problem and found out which exercise is aggravating it, so have that one suspended for now and its doing much better:thumb:No massage though..boo!

The LLD thing is getting better and found out I need to trash one of my fav pair of shoes. I wore them yesterday and the L shoe sole felt lower than the R shoe sole(if that makes sense LOL)I was not walking very nicely in them.

Need to reschedule my 6 week check up again, went with my hubby to the plastic surgeon appt. He said doesnt look infected anymore and also removed a bad scab to find out he has another hole, both with lots of dead tissue!So another surgery -He will attempt a debridement and place a Wound Vac to see if this will heal it up faster. If that doesnt work on to another skin grafting.
 
Shoes - the whole new shoe thing can drive you crazy! I guess this is one time when a shopping frenzy is prescribed! :th_heehee:

All the best to your hubby Haldox. This whole thing must be very painful. I really admire your staying with him through it all!
 
Hi Haldox, just catching up. So sorry to hear of your rough patch - don't you just sometimes wonder what will life will throw at you next and then things start to even out and improve bit by bit? Hoping that happens for you all soon. Out of interest which exercise was causing the piriformis problem?
Take care
Anne :wink1:
 
Hi Anne-The standing hip extension with or without the weight, immediately causes sharp pain. :scratch: Dont know why though. I can do the stretches with only some discomfort.
 
Hi Haldox,

Glad to hear that you and the PT got to the "bottom" of the piriformis issue -- sorry it didn't include a massage. I hope it settles down now that you eliminated the exercise that was bugging it.

I hope you can find a new fav pair of shoes! How did we let you out of the house in your old shoes -- you've been here long enough to know that basic recommendation..... :th_heehee:

I hope the wound vac will help your husband. Crossing my fingers on continued healing for you and your hubby!!

Take care,
Cardie
 
:th_heehee: Yes my muscle problem has diminished greatly.

Well I never replaced shoes with 1st THR, didnt feel any problems. Found a pair today to replace the ones I trashed but I will miss them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom