Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:loll:Cardie I do have "mismatched" earrings myself!!One on the right, two on the left, well three piercings on left side if you count my nose ring!
 
Hi Haldox,

Sorry about the allergic reaction, that sounded icky thank goodness your OS said it wasn't an infection. Looking forward to seeing your new hips too!

The edheads site is very cool, for some reason my iPad would not open the hip surgery part, tomorrow when I turn on the laptop I'm going to peek looks likes lots of fun!

Happy you are doing so well!

xxooxx
 
I just realized it has been 1 month already!! :yes 4:

Had to go and read my 1 month on LTHR and see how I compared :th_heehee:

I have not needed a walking aide in a few weeks now, so Im up one on that. But I still cant reach my R foot to cut nails/put socks on, so minus 1 for that. Stamina is comparable though.

Roughly about the same all around, except this time I have waaayyy more patience to reach milestones. I know these things will come, no need to worry myself or have crazy time tables. I would love to be cutting my own toenails right now :wink1:but I do progress everyday and thats whats important-take it day by day. :thumb:
 
Hal

To be 31 and to have so much patience. You are special. Keep up the good attitude. That will take you far.
 
Update:

1st PT today! Went well, he was happy with my strength but found out I got a troubled muscle. Tried to take R ankle onto L knee and would not go that far, didnt feel good either!!Added some stretches and told to use heat.

I know this is OT but a not so good update for my hubby. In one of the areas they burnt the nerves he now has an infection :cry:Its so aggravating that he has been going through such rough times with this all for over a year because of someone not paying attention and/or not being safe on the job!!!:hairpulling:
 
Hey -

Sorry about your husband's infection - that must be SO frustrating since it was avoidable. Best wishes .....

Glad you are in PT now - you know the drill !

Kevin
 
Hi Haldox,

Glad that your first PT session went well. I remember that little exercise of putting my ankle up on my knee, zoinks -- it was a slow and arduous process getting back to that movement. Mine was piriformis related, is that were you felt discomfort? Take it slow, it will come back & then you'll reach the toenails as well. Remember you have misMatched earrings --:th_heehee: I mean hip hardware, so it might be working a little differently on this hip...

I hope that your husband will feel better soon. Would hyperbaric oxygen chamber be something that might help his infection?

Take care,
Cardie
 
Haldox, you sound like you are doing great. Are you anywhere close to getting the ankle on the knee? If it is your piriformis as Cardie suggested, massaging the area can sometimes help too with getting the range of motion back.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's setback. I hope the doctor(s) can clear this up in a reasonable amount of time.
 
Cardie and Jen-Thank you for the well wishes.Im really not sure what all is going to be done with this. Right now they are checking it daily and had to cut away some more dead tissue this morning.

I do not believe its the Piriformis. This is more in the area between the inner thigh and the middle of the back of my thigh(pulling running down almost to knee). I am doing knee hugs,as far as I can reach and have been able to get my bent leg up while sitting and can just reach my toes today.
 
2nd PT session today! Added more reps to exercises and weight machines.

Asked therapist if she could measure my legs, she said she wasnt the best at it but she'd try. She had me lay down on the table when she measured :scratch:She got a 1 inch difference but measuring by touch while standing, she said I looked/felt even :what:
I explained to her how it feels when I walk. She watched me walk and said it looks like I am tilting my pelvis up when stepping down on R leg:blush: Now why in the world would I do that:DOH:
So extra assignment,really taking my time to walk and not lift pelvis.
 
Hi Haldox so sorry to read of the awful thing that's happened to your husband and hope the issues will be resolved soon. I still marvel at your progress - do you not have the 90 degree restriction?
Best wishes to both of you
Anne
 
Because it's what you've been doing for years! So long you no longer notice it.

Kudos to your PT for being able to spot that. It's not always easy.
 
Haldox.....I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's problems. I hope things will stabilize for him soon.

As for your pelvis tilt.....I think you'll find that improving as you practice your gait. Your body has the cabability to make a lot of adjustments (as it's already shown) and it will make this one back to normal also.

[Bonesmart.org] Almost a year!!

Put on your Patience Hat!!!
 
Haldox - I had the tilt issue as well. It does take awhile to balance. Give it time and work with your PT. I'll bet it's resolved after a bit of gait work and strengthening.
 
Hi Haldox,

Hope you and your husband have had a good week. All my best to your husband, I do hope his infection is healing.

You sound well and good for you already doing therapy sessions plus doing weight machines...I haven't even started my therapy sessions DUH hello what's wrong with this picture?!?! I start on the 17th and feel ready :) I'm also hoping it will help with my limp it's not bad just very easy to fall back into the limp if I relax and focus I can walk with no limp. Wow the leg being up to the knee to reach toes sounds impossible to me, I do it that way my normal leg, on my hip side I either lift my foot or bend over to put on socks. Is that bad?

Sending you lots of good wishes and love!

xxooxx
 
Thanks everyone! We really appreciate the well wishes for the both of us.

Update on his situation, going back to the plastic surgeon that did the skin grafts and get his take on all of it. Right now he sees a doctor at the Infirmary every morning, gets things all clean/bandaged and then I repeat every night. Its been very painful and I just pray this will be over soon, its been a long time him dealing with pain!!

I did a booboo above, I meant 1cm not 1 inch:DOH::hate-shocked:

Sarah-I dont think the way you put your socks on his bad at all. Oh and I have not been able to put toes on knee yet with this R leg!!

I was able to put my socks on more normal today than how I was doing it before(bending foot up to backside) LOL Also wore my 1st pair of jeans tonight:yes 4:

Tomorrow will be day 3 of PT and Monday will be 6 week checkup-hopefully including the "mismatched" xrays!
 
Hi Haldox

Gosh you have so much on your plate... I do hope that hubby gets better soon, and you..

You are a little trouper as they say :) xx
 
Jo, Jamie and Jaycey(wow triple J's:biggrin:)-I was never given a set in stone cause on what brought on the need for the THRs,obviously OA and some AVN gave the final word but OS said probably hip dysplasia.

Im just wondering if maybe I did have a congenital defect and I have always "tilted the pelvis" even before hips got bad.:scratch:

Whats your opinions??Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom