Guest viewing is limited

THR Almost a year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already have an appt with OS on Thursday but I wanted to get some BoneSmarties' opinions, of course this has me worried.

I have that rash,only redness is the bumps and it seems to be easing some. But earlier when I was putting some more stuff on the rash I took off the ABD pad (I had covering to keep my clothes from irritating the rash more)and noticed a few drops of a fluid on it. I took a qtip to my incision in a couple spots and it picked up another drop. Its very fluid like, not gooey but has an off color to it, lightish yellow?!?! No smells, no heat or redness(other than the bumps). Took my temp and Im only 1 degree warmer,feel a lil chilly but not achy.

Just nervous to wait until Thursday, if by chance it is an infection(hopefully only superficial) then I want it dealt with now!
 
Of course I started Googling LOL and the drops sound like serum and I might have a tiny spot of incision dehiscense but its doesnt look all the way through.

I believe I had a spot that took longer to heal on my last C section incision but its been a while to remember correctly.


:feedback:
 
Hey -

Good luck on Thursday - hope that it turns out to be minor.

I've had two areas (fwd & aft of incision) of irritation redness also. Been using Aquaphor daily and it's getting better. Only very minor fluid seep from the incision itself - not as much as yours.

As I'm sure you know, don't get too wrapped up in Googleing (how do you spell that?) health care symptoms. By the time you read 3 or 4 of the results, it has you convinced that you have every disease under the sun.

Good of you to monitor fever, etc. and get it checked out. Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards !
 
Thanks Kevin

Aquaphor is great stuff, havent made my way to that yet, just started using pure cocoa butter on the rash.

Sorry to be so personal but what color was your seepage?

Yep medical googling can be dangerous, after a couple pages of results my R leg just might fall off!!:snork: Here is the Urban Dictionary definition of Googling. :rolleyespink:
 
:LOL2: You guys :eeew: over the color of seepage!

Thanks for the PM.Makes me a little more nervous now :hate-shocked:my seepage nothing like what you describe and I would agree yours was normal.

So funny thing is checking temp all day and its normal!Will see what happens again this evening.:rolleyespink:
 
Haldox, step away from Google! Let's see what Jo has to say @Josephine:

This sounds very minor to me but I am not the medical expert.
 
Kevin, really! Of all the topics covered in detail on here, you really think people would recoil at the description of a little 'seepage'? :DOH: :th_heehee:

So let me be graphic: exudate (to give it it's proper name!) can be
1. clear, pale yellow and minimal, just enough to slightly stain or spot a dressing
2. cloudy, yellow and watery and enough to slightly moisten a dressing where it has lain over the wound
3. cloudy, light yellow and a little thicker, staining on dressing greater and extends beyond the area of the wound
4. cloudy, darker yellow or greenish and viscous, staining on a dressing getting copious
5. yellow or greenish, viscous and smelly, dressing is wet or even soaked

1 and 2 are not a problem
3, 4 and 5 should be reported to the doctor ASAP

Any of these may be flecked or stained with blood to one degree or another. Small spots or flecks are probably from the skin edge. Anything more should also be reported to the doctor.

Hope this helps
 
:ThankYou:Jo thats has helped so much. Whew!! I would definitely say #1 in describing my seepage!!!

If this isnt already in the Library, I think it should!!:thumb:
 
My daughter came home after school today and shared a really neat website her teacher had shown them in class,www.Edheads.org. Interactive educational site. She was very excited to show me the THR surgery!!

Here is a link to the broken link removed: https://https//www.edheads.org/activities/hip/index.shtml, dont worry its animated.:wink1:
 
Hi I called md today because of fluctations below normal. I was told that temps fluctuate throughout the day and he gets conserned at 101and over.
I know we just want to feel normal again but want to be proactive.
I like that step away from the google:-)
Cindylu
 
Well my R leg isnt going to fall off :loll:OS said definitely an allergic reaction to the Dermabond and no infection!!

So they removed the rest and a stitch that got left behind, it might still take a few weeks until the reaction clears up.

Also put me on an antibiotic to be on safe side just in case I scratch too much:secretaea:
 
Glad you got that sorted Haldox. Just a temporary glitch in the healing process. Onward and upward right?
 
Excellent news, all will be well from now on... Take care Haldox xxxx
 
Thanks everybody!!

I was supposed to start PT yesterday but I was on my way to OS during what wouldve been my scheduled time, so now its postponed until Tuesday.

Kevin-My Xray date is the 13th. I will have to post my "mismatched set":th_heehee:
 
Look forward to seeing your "misMatched set", Haldox. Just think of it like some of us that have one (or two) earrings in one ear and more than that on the other side... :th_heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom