TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that it all went OK @Karringtyn and you are recovering OK. Sorry to hear that this knee is similarly damaged to your TKR one, but hope that this arthroscopy will buy you some time before you need to go through the TKR-trauma once more.

I was going to say, don't forget to follow instructions to the letter, and do as you are told. However, I think having been through what we all have recently with the TKR, we are probably model patients in that respect. We do exactly as we are told, for fear of what may go wrong. I know that's my attitude.

I know your knee will be a bit sore for a few days, but hope it wont spoil your plans for a lovely romantic wedding anniversary. If I remember correctly its soon?? What a year you have had!

Take care of that knee - sending hugs

XOXOXO
 
Today was by far the worst day for pain..but still nothing like tkr!! Thank you all....yes my one year is this Sunday!!! :) @Ellejay I am thinking of you!!!! xoxoxo
 
Hey Karringtyn . Happy anniversary !!. Hope all goes well with this knee. You deserve to be pain free and limp free. Hope everyone is well . As for my knee. Its completely healed. I couldnt be happier. Keep us posted on any developments. Take care and God Bless. Iceman
 
Hi @Karringtyn

I'm so glad all went okay sweetie. I was so thinking of you while I was away. Thanks for contacting me by pm. For some reason I was able to access that easier than the normal thread up in the wilds. Here's wishing you a great recovery xxxxx big hugs brave girl x x x
 
I am on day 5. I can bend so much better.....but still hurt bad....totally differently than tkr...but still hurts like a &&*#**#*#**#*# I am on percocet. Today friends came from college from 26 years ago and surprised me to get me out of the house...it was really nice...but I was in so much pain...ughh. I find out more on Thursday...but I know I can't struggle like this much longer.....
 
Sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable, going out is hard so early in your recovery from the Arthroscopy.
Remember Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate.
Sending positive thoughts your way,
 
Hi @Karringtyn oh sweetie I'm sorry you are in such pain. It's strange how things work out. I had my Arthroscopy before the surgery I was great within a few days after and it lasted me eighteen months. It was fabulous I had eighteen months of sheer normal heavenly walking and activity. Then whammy. It completely went. However, my TKR has been a nightmare! See it's blooming swings and roundabouts with this recovery.

I hope the pain is a bit less for you once the meds kick in. Oh Lucinda you don't deserve this but at least you are being looked at and they are trying to save your knee with this.

I'm thinking of you....please take care and I hope you get some semblance of sleep. Good quality Sleep is better than any medication!

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hope you're feeling a bit better today. :)
 
Yeah @doglover3 a scope was nothing. Soreness 1-2 days. I had a lateral release because my kneecap was dislocating. It corrected that but not the arthritis. Obviously 1 1/2 yrs. later a TKR. My OS also says why do a scope when he can see on X-ray what's going on. (Different OS than first)
~~hopefaith


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I didn't read about all of your pain @karrington I am so sorry.
hopefaith


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi@Karringtyn, how are you doing? Two more days before your stitches come out? This procedure has just proved to me the phrase 'no two knees are the same'. My first two arthroscopies were easy compared to this one, it is much more painful this time. I just hope it doesn't mean that a TKR would be worse as well. Everybody is saying that their arthroscopies were easy, I think they've just been lucky, or maybe my knee was in a much worse condition to start with. I don't get my stitches out for another ten days, hopefully it will improve by then, I really want to enjoy my trip to France. I want to take my bike again, I'm not cycling at the moment. I'm amazed at how well my right knee is coping, I don't even consider it now, luckily it is very strong now and is just a little stiff sometimes, but it is really stepping up to the mark thank goodness. I'm thinking of you and praying that the procedure works for you and gives you some time before another TKR. Lyn xxx
 
I am in the hospital was brought by ambulance over night Thursday. I had been sent home from the other hospital at 8 ish with left calf pain....the ultrasound showed I had blood clots...they sent me home with meds from that hospital......I got home and for a few hours I endured unbelievable pin..I arrived at different hospital after 5...long story short I was prepped and ready for emergency surgery.. It took over 3 hours but he was working on loosening blood clots...went through the groin....I was awake for the procedure...just sedated...........very painful thing I have done......YES rightp there with knee replacement. I have been told over and over that its a good thing I called 911....I am in the hospital for awhile till they get it sorted out...I am exhausted......but I know I am in the right spot to get the best care. I am on lots of pain meds and other things..I am sure this is mumble jumble but wanted to update... I wrote this a couple of days ago.....today I am bruised so badly....I am waiting on them to come get me for an ultrasound to see what is going on....and I may be facing another surgery; I am scared to death. If you have me on facebook....you can see my friends have me all supported there. I just have to stay strong.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what a dreadful thing to happen, I'm so sorry that you've gone through this @Karringty. It sounds as if you are in the right place and do hope that you are getting the best care they can give you. Come back when you can and let us know how you are. Sending you lots of hugs xxx
 
@Karringtyn
I'm sorry to hear about your blood clots and the bad time you have had. What a good job you called 911 !

I hope you are starting to feel a bit better.
 
You were absolutely right to call 911. I hope this resolves for you quickly.
 
What an experience, just glad you are OK. You are in the right place to get the care you need, I imagine they are going to put a greenfield filter in your return vein to your heart, it stops any clots that might break loose.
Sending you healing thoughts and prayers,
 
Oh, I am so sorry that you have to go thru all this. Please try to remember that you have the strength that you need. I know it must be very scary but relax you are where you need to be. Remember we care so do keep us informed about whats going on. You are in my prays and do know that a big Hug is coming your way. Take care. :friends::flwrysmile::console2:, God Bless. Tashia
 
Oh Karringtyn. I have not been on here much the past few days. So sorry to hear of your complications. I am also glad you are being well monitored in the hospital and hope you do not need any more surgery. I will keep you in my prayers and so hope you have a speedy recovery. (((Hugs)))
 
Oh my goodness @Karringtyn - I got a hint from someone else's comments yesterday that things weren't going well for you, but couldn't find your thread.
I am so very, very sorry that this has happened - what a shock and how scary. At least you did exactly the right thing and are now in the best place and being treated appropriately.

Lots of love and hugs and prayers headed your way. I do hope that this is all treated swiftly and effectively and you can return to your recovery, a bit bruised and battered but with the problem completely sorted.

[Bonesmart.org] Almost 8 months later...the aftermath
XXXXX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom