TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely off pain meds, doing AMAZING. I still swell but I ice it and elevate....get this...found an EB ICE MACHINE and rummage sale....almost brand new for 7 bucks :) Ironic that I found it at this point in the journey...but you never know....my best friend actually found it and she was like "uhhh come here!"


I NEVER THOUGHT IN A MILLION YEARS I WOULD SAY THIS....

I am SOOOOOOOO glad I did my surgery. Best thing i ever did for ME.
 
WTG @Karringtyn :loveshwr::wowspring::happydance:and you know what sweets? You have given me hope for my shots in a couple of weeks. Oh I hope I can post like this after then it will make my blooming year. Nice result on the ice machine. X x x x I feel so positive after reading this....:thankyou::goodpost:

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxo
 
Awww @Nana moon 27 I love ya!! I am so glad you are feeling positive!!! I woke up today......feeling great. I must have walked over 5 miles yesterday and I am NOT hurting at all. I can't explain that feeling. ALIVE.


Thank you to EVERYONE that was on this journey with me.........
 
Hi karringtyn, I happened upon your thread and have seen your name around soI hope you don'y mind if i jump in here. So glad you are on the upswing. You really must be as you are contemplating 5 miles. Boy I give you lots of credit. You go girl :thumb:. Was the injection you received a steroid injection? I know it can work wonders as i have had a few prior to surgery to hold me as I was traveling along with pain medication in it. Sometimes both needs babied as the left one starts up as well, especially when The precip is coming. I have a tens machine haqt helps the op knee tremendously.

As for hospital care as I was reading through your thread you has me real-ling as you had a bad bunch of nurses. I So sorry that you were assigned. If you get a hospital survey I would definitely let the hospital kno whow you were treated as this will help the next patient. I work as a nurse and regardless of what they are having done or going to have done or if they are just there for a F/u visit, everyone should have the utmost best care. Being a nurse I am used to advocating for my patient, my family and myself. I have zero tolerance for nurses or doctors too for that matter who are just getting through the patient'ds in a robotic fashion. Not good :no-fin:. Hope you continue on the upswing and get better. Keep doing whet you are doing. can you bottle it up and pass it to some of us others who are having a bit of a tough of it. i know some of my healing g process is slowed down by RA. But it is what it is. Not much I can do about that though. Still on pain meds mainly due to RA and knee pain sometimes. :good-bad:
 
4 months 6 days post op...this seems a lifetime ago......and yet it seems like yesterday.....
 
Glad to see your update, has been a real roller coaster for you.
How are you doing now?
 
@Karringtyn its incredibly difficult to explain to someone how much better the knee feels. I just say its miraculous and its as if im 21 again . No pain in knee. Ive been ask over and over. Im back to work . Its been 4 months . I threw my back out 4 hours into my first shift. I managed to work all week with it. Now its my 2 days off. Back feels great. In fact I iced my back like crazy , even took tramadol . Its great to read of your ALIVE feeling. Im so happy for you . Hope your other knee holds up. We have physical jobs and need to manage our bodies. Hope all is well. Take care. Iceman
 
Heading for my 4.5 month appt. It's been a rough week. Not sure how I am going to waitress much longer. It is finally (or maybe I am just admitting) taking it's toll on me... :(
 
Oh @Karringtyn I'm so sorry to hear that. I totally get your fear. Truly x

My left knee is bad too. It is being x rayed again in September. They are looking to see how much degeneration has occurred. Then they'll decide what next!!!!! Xxxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@Karringtyn -when I got home and my husband helped me with my first shower he did the butt grab while he was helping me. Even though that was the last thing on my mind it did make me smile and feel good. I feel like I look like Frankenstein with the staples and bruises and he didn't care. It really lifted my mood that day. I know it has been awhile since you have gone through this and I haven't finished reading your thread yet but I just wanted you to know that I have found your thread and all the comments hilarious so far. I am only 2 weeks 5 days out of my LTKR so I am looking for all the humor I can get. Thanks for sharing.
 
@RickSt -I was reading posts from another member and ran across some of your hilarious posts. I see that you live in Florida. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking. I live in Tampa, FL Riverview side.
 
@DanaDelight thanks for taking the time to read this.....we had some good times....while we were all recovering.....just remember...this is temporary!! I am almost 5 months out and NO regrets...it still hurts but it is muscle pain and NOTHING like what it was. I too had a microfracture done in 2012.....and I see you are 44...that's how old I was in February when I had my TRKR

My MRI was done on Monday. I will find out the results of left knee on this coming Monday. What will be, will be.

I hope everyone is doing great!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom