TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Karringtyn I loved those pics you posted of your tubs and everything they are lovely. You have a very good eye for planting! Your pups are adorable! I love them x x x

As regards your non TKR knee, mines doing the same. It's due for review in September. They are going to X-ray it and see how much deterioration the OA has caused. The. A decision will be made as to what next. There wasn't much cartilage but if there's not too much deterioration they're going to try and save it.

Good luck with everything and please keep me posted. Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Hi @Karringtyn, really sorry that your left knee is playing up, I'm in exactly the same boat, my TKR knee is just great - I walked five miles today and it is fine. Just before I came away I had a cortisone injection into my left knee so that I would be able to enjoy the holiday, I thought I was going to have another TKR later this year, but my OS feels that there is still some life left in it, he wants to do an arthroscopy in August, and he thinks that will keep me going for a while. I'm not convinced, when I had the injection (under ultrasound) even the doctor doing that procedure saw my knee and said I was definitely due another replacement soon.
I hope you get an answer soon, it's just so disappointing, going through all we've been through and still not being able to walk properly, I'm thinking of you xxx Ellejay
 
@Karringtyn don't quote me but I THINK you have to tag a moderator and ask them to change it for you! :)
And also thank you for taking the time to stop by my thread to say:loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr: that was sooooo sweet!:yes:
 
@Nana Mo By all means jump on the thread away!!! I'm no Josephine...but I would be calling my OS!

@Ellejay I don't want you in pain, but I am glad someone DOES understand. I am so disappointed in myself. I am doing SO awesome, yet this setback is getting worse daily.

My older brother died last night so I am in a very dark place and I am trying to just pull myself together and continue onward...but frankly...this is awful.

@suzzee2000 you're welcome hon...I KNOW I have changed the title myself before...I think I am going nuts...

@Nana moon 27 thanks for the love...xoxox
 
I know I changed the title once before too but I can't remember how! I am so deeply sorry about your brother I lost my oldest sister 9 years ago and I can honestly say it was the worst experience of my life. We are all prepared and expect that in our lives we will lose our parents but a sibling is just devastating beyond belief! I do know the pain you are feeling. PM if you need to!
 
Dear, dear @Karringtyn, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I just can't imagine the pain you are going through. Nothing I can say will really help, just to let you know I am thinking of you, I realise that this will be a major setback for you. Try to be as positive as possible, your brother really wouldn't want you to become ill again, but obviously it is a very sad time for you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @Karringtyn I am so terrible sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. I was so shocked to read that. My husband lost his sister to cancer when she was only 38. She left two teenage girls. My husbands not ever really got over it. My poor late mother in law said "you kind of expect to bury your parents one day but never your child". She never ever got over it really. Although she had fifteen other children all who loved her dearly, when she lost the eldest daughter she lost her best friend too.

Karringtyn, all I can say to you is remember that you are not alone. You have your lovely husband. We are all here for you when you want us. Whether you want comfort, wish to rant and sound off your anger, anything at all, we will support you as best we can within the parameters of this site x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I am so sorry for your lost. Try to keep busy and think good thoughts. I am sure you have many good memories. Know that he would want you to do everything you want and need to be happy. As Nana moon said, you can come on hear and talk anytime. Please take care of yourself.
 
I am just honestly overwhelmed. It's too much right now. I was suppose to work tonight, I covered my shift.

I am sore....my right knee aches a little...but it's the left knee that is bad. I KNOW this feeling all too well and honestly I am scared to death. If I have to have another knee replacement...I honestly don't think I could handle it emotionally. Just trying not to get scared till I know for sure...just a couple more days.
 
Hi @Karringtyn - I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I do not have any siblings myself, but realise what this must mean to you. When my Dad died, this was read at his funeral. This poem has been special to me ever since, and I have passed it on to many friends who are grieving. I think it is beautiful and hope that it may help just a little, so I pass it on to you. With my love, thoughts and deepest sympathy.
Chris XX

This day in paradise
new feet are treading through
high halls of gold
This day in paradise
new legs are striding over jewelled fields in which
the diamond
is considered ordinary
This day in paradise
new eyes have glimpsed the deep fire ready
to flame the stale earth pure
This day in paradise
new blood, the rose red juice that gushed at Golgotha
now ripples and races down the pure veins
of a recently arrived beloved
This day in paradise
a new heart pounds in praise
a new body shaped by sacrifice
This day in paradise
the daunting dart of death
has no point
no place
and no meaning
and whilst we mourn and weep
through these human hours
This day in paradise
the blazing embrace
between saviour and son
goes on and on and on...
(Stewart Henderson)
 
@Karringtyn , I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. I, too, have lost a brother and a sister. There are no special words to help you know so I an offer is my prayers. I pray that God will give you the strength to bear this and a peace in you heart. And know we are here for you, no matter your mood or need.
 
I am so very sorry about your brother. I lost my brother 7 yrs ago. It is so hard like others have said...losing a sibling is so difficult. His daughter is getting married in 3 weeks and I cry everytime I think of it and him not here...I will be praying for you dear one....for much peace and comfort for you and yours....(((BIG-HUG))))

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
I'm very sorry to hear the news about your brother. You must be in so much pain. Take care blessings Bernie x


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom