TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
So so sorry to hear about your brother. Love and prayers - JoAnne
 
Thank you very much everyone.

It is very dark around me right now, I am forcing myself to actually go out tonight and hang out with some friends.....I need to. I need to shower, wash the hair, put on makeup and keep working forward.....I have worked too hard to get set behind. I grieve....but I have to grieve and keep working hard......
 
I'm sure that's what your brother would want for you. You are being so brave, you've been through such a lot this year, but unfortunately sometimes that's what life throws at us. Love and prayers xxxx Ellejay
 
@Karringtyn. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are sent to you wrapped in a giant hug.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
What started out as a great day has turned into pain and more pain. I just want my life back....the one BEFORE injury, before May of 2011.....the pain has went to my other knee and it is bad....2 more days till I see surgeon for left knee.

Just discouraged.
 
Hey Karringtyn , long time no see. Sorry to hear about your brother . You have to keep on pushing. Theres 2 choices, move forward and work your way up or stay stagnate and not proceed. Im sure your brother would want you to stay focused and stay positive. Ive had some loses over my 15 years of sobriety , but never once did I compromise that. I have to stay on track , . As for your other knee, thats terriable. I hope your OS can give you good news. Do you think its bone on bone or is there ligament damage. I hope it doesnt need to be replaced just yet. Just know that we will be here for you. Best wishes. Iceman
 
@Karringtyn, I think of you day right now and remember the agony of of how this loss feels. Sending you strength to get through it so that you quickly get to that day that you remember your brother with a smile at the fun and mischief I am sure you shared and not a tear over the loss of your future together!! Sometimes emotional pain make all the physical pain so much worse and seem unbearable. Good luck with the other knee.:console2:
 
Hi @Karringtyn - just sending a big dollop of hugs and good wishes to you across the miles .....

Sorry that you have so much to contend with and its come all at once.

I'll be thinking of you when you have your OS appointment, and hoping that there will be a solution as @icep707 says, that will be straightforward and not involve a repeat performance of TKR.

No matter what happens, I am sure that your brother is looking down on you and looking out for you.

Look after yourself and take care

XXX
 
A special thought for a special lady, thinking of you ... love Nana moon 27 x x x x :flwrysmile:
 
So met with surgeon....got a shot in left knee.......hurt like a *(*(*YIYIUHNINITYWWUW**(@*@(*@*(@(@* and I yelled....

X-rays were taken...it was cool to see the replacement..looks great...left knee looks ok...but so did my right knee till he went in and did a scope. So right now I cross my fingers that it will work!!! :)
 
@Karringtyn. Praying the injections work for you. One less pain at a time. Thinking about you xo susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hopefully the shot will work, I had mine just before I came away and at the moment you'd never think anything was wrong with my left knee. We climbed up a steep hill yesterday, quite a long way and I was fine, I couldn't have done that without the cortisone injection. I'm just hoping it will last until I get home. I'm having an arthroscopy in August, I'm sure that things will only get worse then, that's what happened with my right knee, but he won't let me got straight to the TKR with my left.
 
I am ALIVE. The shot worked wonderfully!!! Right knee is doing pretty amazing..and I have reached the end of PT :( I have two more sessions. I only put sad face as I love my pt.....but I am SO glad I am HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
============•_•===========
A big hug for your journey. Prayers for you as well.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom