Guest viewing is limited

TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, here @Judlepip, I wholeheartedly agree. My hubby has done everything he can since my surgery whilst still going to work each day. I know he is getting as frustrated as I am sometimes but is my absolute rock. Oh dear, he's just told me that the color has run on his jumper in the washing machine. Poor thing :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
@Judlepip - you and I are obviously on the same wavelength today- I have just finished posting on @Nana moon 27 s thread about how wonderful my husband has been and still is being. I so agree with you, the strain on them is considerable, we get the pain, but they get the worry, they get upset seeing us in pain and then all the household chores to do on their own. Here's to all the fellas :cheers:
 
Well done @Karringtyn - I love that pic! You look GREAT! My knee's so much better too. I thought I'd try no pain meds today, but no! Too soon! Maybe next week.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Nice to read of your adventures. Im waiting for my date for BTKR. About sleep, would ear plugs and a sleep mask help while in the hospital? Im gonna check out the mask from Ellen's site. More fun the better right? I use ear plugs cause hubby snores and I wake up cause my knees fall asleep from swelling... funny they go asleep, and I wake up. Thanks for all your input.
 
I have so much to share, but I have been crazy busy!!! Still in PT 2-3 times a week. Learning how to re walk the RIGHT way. Had to buy all new shoes (Oh darn!).....it's been fun....yes I said it. I still tire very easily and I overdo it often, but that's who I am. But this time my body stops me. It's funny last night I laid here and said "honey OMG I hurt" and he said....your knee? I said NO my WHOLE body. that may not make sense to people....but I hurt soooo bad all over....from a total body work out in PT. That's a good feeling.

I return to work tomorrow. I will be working 2 shifts/week for a couple of weeks PT has warned me...I will be sore, I will be tired...I need to ice, listen to my body.

I am up to walking 2 miles a day and riding my stationary bike a mile......I have worked very hard, and I truly am happy. It is SO worth it. My other knee is acting up, will have that tested soon......(in June)....waiting to see if it's just because of the whole learning how to walk again and all of that. My left knee took the weight for three years.

How is everyone?

@Nana moon 27 @Nana Mo @icep707 @Bluetechseeker @Judlepip @dogwheels and everyone else???
 
Oh Karrington ! My same week knee recovery partner. Its great to hear you are doing well . I know about the whole body being sore. Let me put it kindly , we are not spring chickens!! Our body feels things and aches alot more often . Stretch before you do any weight lifting, upper and lower. I will consider yoga next year. Be careful at work ! Isnt it great how the knee feels compared to pre op days . Its a miracle. I hope your other knee holds up well . Is it damaged ? Arthritic ? Osteoarthritis ? So far my other knee is doing great , no issues at all but I am losing cartilage there. My OS gave me 4 more weeks off ,!! I do have brutal job as a butcher for Costco and my OS worked at a Costco while at his early college days, plus my manager encouraged me to take extra time off to heal properly, I can return today if I had to but I dont have to. They want me to be strong enough to endure the stress of tbe job. So in the mean time , ill enjoy this weather , ride my bikes and chime in on bonesmart. Im so glad we went through this together !! You really inspired many on this forum . You even made me cry once ! Must of been the meds and from the toll of this whole ordeal. Well Karringtyn. Best wishes from the iceman
 
Glad to hear how well you are doing! Good luck going back to work, you will be tired, but it will feel good to see everyone.
 
Well done you x x I am so proud and pleased for you. I love to hear good news on here xoxoxoxo
 
I have back to work since the beginning of April and this is my 3rd week full time. I do primarily sit but that is tough because it gets so stiff. Quite often people will come into my office and my leg will be up on my desk with my keyboard in my lap!! This week has been the break through week for me. I was walking at work the other day and someone commented on how fast I was walking again....I have always been a sped walker until the last few years!! Totally tired when I get home but I ice for about an hour then hit the bike and a walk with the dogs, ice again and hit bed early!! My son gets married in 3 months so I am going to ask my OS if it is ok to go back to Zumba....I need to get back into dancing condition...that is my goal!

God luck going back to work and take it easy!
 
@Karringtyn, great news that you are doing so well. I had my 6 week check with consultant today and he was pleasantly surprised at how well I can bend and straighten my knee. Am still on the strong painkillers which he said is fine and have to back again in six weeks. Knee still feeling really stiff especially when I wake up in the morning. Can now do full rotations on the exercise bike after just half ones the week before. Lots of swelling still which he said can go on for months, told me to keep icing, elevating and pottering about. I am still feeling so tired after I do very much and not sleeping too well at night either. Is this all about right for 6 weeks do you think?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Sounds pretty normal to me. Great that you are doing full rotations on the bike! :yay:
 
@lori107 you are right on target!!

Work went awesome. Serving is a very high impact job. You can't stand around there....you are constantly walking,, carrying trays....running basically I passed it with flying colors! Everyone said I glowed. I succeeded!!! Of course I was smiling ear to ear.........I DID IT!
 
@Karringtyn, oh well done hun, you are doing fantastic. Don't overdo things too much though. Great to hear you have recovered so well. @kneeper, thanks, good to know I'm doing okay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom