Guest viewing is limited

TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ready for warmer weather. Have to warm up the pool water. Have had rain and winds. The cold hurts my knees.
 
Karringtyn your story has truly inspired me, not only your knee replacement recovery but the stories you've shared about your life and your wonderful hubby. You have a way with words and seem like a really amazing person. I hope I do as well as you have in my recovery and keep an uplifting attitude like you have. I know it will be rough and a roller coaster of a ride but I thank God that I found this site and such wonderful people that understand what I will be going through and help me get through it all. :)
 
To each of you that replied. YOU can do it. LIFE is 110 percent better for me. I am moving my bed back up into the spare bedroom most likely in two weeks..I am doing stairs in PT and doing great....I have 17 steps here in my house....I am hurting still, of course....but it's because I need to STOP and listen to myself, my body. The bend in my knee is amazing. When I was sorting my spare bedroom...I sat on the floor without thinking. I stood back up.

Big deal? OH HECK YES! HUGE milestone!

One step at a time.
 
Just be careful . Even once the pain goes away if you over do it or twist it too much your knee will remind you it's not done healing yet . As the pain goes away it's easy to forget what you've been through .

Rick


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
:SUNsmile:Hi Karringtyn - I followed you over from Nana Moons and have read your story - great offset to a remarkably boring opps meeting that I'm stuck in!

Thank you for your honesty - I see much more clearly now that recovery will NOT be linear, recovery will be in stages but WILL happen and will be worth it. I have added to my list of must have multiple body-pillows and I've pre-ordered some patience from Amazon but they seem to have it on back order!!
 
ROM is 115!!!!! Yes....slowly day by day........I am getting there! I am back with my original PT and I just adore her. Sal the Sailor was driving me insane sometimes! I have about a 95 bend when I am on my belly and the knee bends backwards almost matches the other leg.

Pain? It throbs some days.....but I've got this.

I hope each of you are doing well.....xoxoxo
 
Well done, that is such good news. I read on another post here just yesterday that you can ride a bike when you get to 115, so I'm still trying. I did a wonderful cliff walk yesterday and my knee coped brilliantly at the time, but is was painful last night, but still, I was so pleased to be able to do it. I did just try to post a photo but it says the file was too big, I only took it on my iPhone.
 
Lucy luuuuuuuu !!!! Whats happening ? Long time, no read . 8 weeks ! Wow , that went fast. Im still just chilling . I might ride my motorcycle today.For the first time since my surgety, Its a 1500cc cruiser. The left legs is the primary leg for motorcycle riding due to when you stop , you always use your left foot and the clutch is on that side. My tkr is on the right knee. Ill be very , very careful. The weather is great here and the scenery is unbelievable. I truly believe this area is heaven on earth, except for all the crazy humans. Its so great to hear your progress. You have worked so hard . I mean you have enough to worry about , like the kids , the pooches and a newlywed hubby. Last thing you need now is for your knee to hold you back !! This will be YOUR summer. You will have a blast. When u plan on going back to work ? I go back May 10th. I really like this lounging around the house , waking up whenever I want and deciding what im going to do today. I am flying to Laguna beach in 2 weeks for 5 days. Ill visit my ex in laws who have a relationship with me and not with their own daughter. Oh how I can relate . Anyways it should be a blast. Im the chef when I go down there or when they come up. I cook they clean . Barbecue galore !!! Well Karringtyn , keep up the great work . Im so proud of you . Iceman
 
Hello @Karringtyn I just popped on to see how you're doing. You're doing really well you truly are. Thank you for your posts while I was away it was really kind of you. I missed you too. Im going back on Monday for a couple of weeks. I'm definitely better without these wretched stairs xoxoxox
 
It's my TWO MONTH AKNEEVERSARY!

It's funny....I can tell I am back to the land of the living as I am NOT on here much at all. Doesn't mean I don't think of each of you all the time. If you are on facebook and want to friend me...send me a message :)

ROM is now 117. It is AMAZING. I was taking my Norco every 6 hours......now? Half in the morning and half at bedtime. Yeah.....life is great. Do I hurt? Sometimes....but this...this feeling NOW is SOOOO AMAZING! My knee doesn't rule my life anymore!

@icep707 that is hysterical....because my projected date of return to work is 5/5...but I work weekends...so it will be 5/10 most likely!!!! I can't WAIT!!! I am only going back 2 days a week for a bit...just to ease back in.....

I went and bought a bunch of new clothes off a second hand site.....some new jewerly...and I am telling you I am rocking the style. Got the hair done...and just living again. I can't believe I waited this long. (OMG I swore I would NEVER SAY THAT!)....but it's true........8 weeks 3 days.....that's 59 days. And I AM ALIVE AGAIN! That's not pain meds talking....that is honest to goodness ME. It's gorgeous here in NY...this will be my first weekend in 3 years where I can actually ENJOY the weather.

@Josephine and all the mods...I thank each of you. For this entire site. Because it definitely was the BIGGEST tool to ME regaining ME again. Well I was the driver...this site was the vehicle...thank you for all your hard work!!!
 
Hi @Karringtyn I'm so please that this has worked out so well for you. It's nice to hear y so positive and happy too. I have to go back and see my GP the end of the month and hopefully I may get a return to work date too. I am still on morphine, my leg is still very bent and won't straighten unless it's pummelled and massaged by Freddy the Frenchman for the best part of an hour. Then and only then does it come anywhere near straight.

I'm hoping one day I'll be really happy etc. I think most of my downside is due to the morphine and sheer unadulterated frustration with my knee situation.

Anyway Happy 2 month Akneeversary and it really is a happy one for you...Yippeeeeeee!!!! Xoooox

Take care
Love Nana moon 27
 
Happy anniversary! You sound wonderful. Gad things worked out so well for you!!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I smiled so much whilst reading your post, you are now so happy, so positive. Move on now and enjoy your new life, do all those things that you haven't been able to and have a wonderful time with your family. I do hope we will still chat occasionally, I will be on here for quite a while as my left knee is going to have the same treatment, so I will be travelling this journey again next year.
 
Thats great news Karringtyn, you will see improvements daily, as oppose to weekly. You have come along way . It so great to not have bone on bone pain . And to be able to pick up something off the ground . Sure there is tightness and soft tisse pain at times. That can be treated with ice or medication or both. Enjoy your last couple of weeks . I really enjoy this sleeping in stuff, watching ESPN all morning and than figuring out what I am going to do for the rest of the day . Best wishes.
 
LOL I WILL SOOO miss sleeping in and lounging around.....but at the same time...I can't wait for adult conversation and the TIPS...oh the glorious money!!!!!

I am not going anywhere. I am sorry if it sounded like a good bye. This place was my help, I will be here to encourage others!! :)
 
I have a funny feeling when I go back to work my knee will not be very happy , it may swell and hurt and I might even end up limping to the break room or after work to my car . Im sure ill start back with 5 hours shifts . But a shift at Costco meat department can be brutal . I wont get discouraged and you shouldnt either. Just a word of caution . Very wise to work 2 days. Im beginning to think if I should work 3 eight hour days or 5 five hour day, than use sick time or vacation to tally 40 hours. Right now my disability payments are righteous . Im getting spoiled ! C ya !
 
Hi @Karringtyn - so happy for you. Well done!
It seems no time at all that you were really down and couldn't imagine a better tomorrow, and just look at you now .....
Like @Ellejay I am truly jealous that you were able to get up from sitting on the floor. I know that experience will be a LONG way off for me. Hey at the moment I would even be grateful to have enough bend to be allowed to do the stairs properly again!
Its lovely that you can really enjoy life with your super supportive husband and your children. Just take it easy when you return to work and live life to the max. You know you that you have earned it.
ChrisX
 
So so happy you are doing so well @Karringtyn !! This is what it's all about! I will be glad when I can get off these meds! I hate them but can't make it through the day without them! Great to know you are on your way to your new pain free life!!
 
It was a glorious weekend here weather wise.......Recovery is about truly listening to your body. No not letting the pain control you anymore....but kind of like....hey knock knock...you there....I am still here and I am still new! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom